PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Open Fan Letter to Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go RANDY! We all support you! Take out that frustration on the field vs. the Chargers :rocker:

Whats wrong with supporting Moss??

He's innocent until proven guilty...he's just as innocent as Tom Brady. Do you support Tom Brady??

Oh sheesh, strawman much? Innocent until proven guilty applies in a court of law. As a person before I do anything, that means rush to defend someone just because he's a Patriot player or rush to condemn someone just because he's a Bengal, I'll wait and see what the facts are. Personally the facts leave me inclined to think that this is nothing but an attempt to extort money from Moss. It is very likely a big ball of bull****.

However there is nothing more heinous that I can think of than violence against women so before I type out some overly-sappy plea to PLEASE JUST LEAVE RANDY ALONE I'm gonna wait and see.

What irks me about the sentiment in this thread is the transparent homerism. Some things transcend football, guys. Violence against women would be one of those things. If Randy did hurt this woman I don't want to root for him anymore. If he didn't then awesome I can keep rooting for him.

Again, until we know the truth of the situation it's as equally foolish to support him as it is to try to crucify him.

Support could just mean being behind Randy and believing his side of the story, until proven otherwise.

A decision motivated entirely by the fact that the guy catches TDs. Pathetic.

Lets not forget that the burden of proof is still on the accuser, and not on Randy.

Please save the courtroom rules for the courtroom. As soon as these allegations come up as a free thinking citizen I'm going to wait and see what the results are. Burden of proof, innocent until proven guilty, these are maxims applicable to the venue where his case will be decided, not me as a person, and they have no bearing on the conversation.

I hear that some players/relatives/friends occasionally drop in on us. I would like to put this out there, on the off chance this is the case:

Dear Mr. Moss,

You know fans live to idly speculate. We love it.

There were rumors for a long time Coach Bellichick was interested in getting you on the Patriots. You know what? Until it happened, I personally thought it would be the worst thing that could happen.

Then you signed with the Pats that draft weekend, and you know what else? I instantly assumed that when the Pats' front office scouts a guy and gauges his mood and character, they almost always get it right.

I saw you saying that you hope fans do not rush to judgment.

You have spent a whole season proving to the world, the media, and everybody who's ever counted you out, that they were dead wrong. And I never heard a negative word from you, despite the press looking for them all season.

When you requested we not rush to judgment, all you requested of us was common decency and respect.

Some people demand respect, and some people command respect. You, Mr. Moss, for your performance and your embracing of the Patriots Team and fans, command respect.

Nobody "knows" anybody based on the fact they see that person on camera. But what you've definitely displayed to all of us is tremendous class and focus, something that's a trademark of the Patriots organization. And it's ridiculous to even mention your on-field achievements this year. They speak for themselves.

So will we, the fans, judge you? I can only speak for myself.

You've come too far with this team, added too much to this team, and shown too much grace under pressure to be abandoned based on one side of a story. You've got our faith and our trust, and we quite frankly have no right to judge you based on hearsay and media uproar.

Think about how you guys rallied around Coach Belichick when every clown that had ever lost to the Patriots was crawling out of the woodwork with an opinion.

That's how I feel about whatever media uproar we will see in the days prior to the San Diego game.

You're our guy. Go win a game dawg.

PFnV

And more importantly, the facts have come out and there simply is no story here. Nothing to discuss, nothing for the fans to worry about, nothing for the media to hate on Randy for.

Last edited:
Are you thick-headed or lack the common decency to respect other member's wishes?

Point me to the rule that states that disagreeing with a thread's sentiment prohibits you from posting such before you call me thick-headed, sport.

Frankly I'm still aghast that with the possibility of abuse against women in the mix that you people filling hankies for Randy and yet I'm the one getting called an a-hole.

yet I'm the one getting called an a-hole.

You're trolling the thread. Point A to B.

Do you think your viewpoint is special or interesting in any way? Do you think anyone here is in support of beating women? Really?

P.S. Straw men? What is this, flame4cash.com?

Last edited:
Once again *sshole...if you don't want to register your support of Randy, that's fine. but get TF out of here. There are plenty of other threads to register your foolish & unwanted opinion.

Are you thick-headed or lack the common decency to respect other member's wishes?

Once again Randy, you have Patriot Nations full support. Our thoughts & prayers are with you buddy!

More name-calling and veiled profanity from PatriotsReign. What a surprise.

If this story was about Laveranues Coles, Chris Chambers (or any Charger reciever) or Moss when he was with the Raiders or Vikings the same people giving support would be trashing him and acting holier than thou. Now they're acting like they're a "buddy." Laughable.

Last edited:
Hello Randall.

I wasn't surprised we got you. I thought we should get you about a year ago but I was called a moron repeatedly after doing so.

Then i was a moron for suggesting we cut Reche Caldwell. I'm so glad we cut him and we have you.

Your braids are sweet.

-keegs-

Point me to the rule that states that disagreeing with a thread's sentiment prohibits you from posting such before you call me thick-headed, sport.

There's no such rule, but there is one against hijacking threads, for what it's worth. I doubt anybody's going to make a point of it.

Here's the problem: Nobody here is filling hankies, making "leaving Moss alone" videos, or anything of the sort.

This letter stated:

1) That Randy Moss has earned our respect, from what we have seen from him all season, both on and off the field;

2) Randy Moss asked only that we not judge him in advance of knowledge of the case; and

3) The sentiment that I, for one, and from the looks of it, most fans, would honor that request.

Your sidetracks are somewhat welcome, in that you've illustrated one point with your talk of homerism, respect-for-catching-passes, and the like.

You have reinforced that Randy Moss only asked what anybody is entitled to under the circumstances, the benefit of the doubt. The law demands it as well.

I do respect Randy Moss, but anybody has the right to make the request he made. Any American should grant that request.

I don't know you, only the words you've typed here. They seem to indicate a belief that not rushing to judgment, which he openly addressed a need for in public, is somehow mawkish and pathetic. There is also an implication that not rushing to judgment of Mr. Moss equates a minimization of the seriousness of violence against women.

It does not, but a concerted campaign to deny Moss any such peace of mind, is in fact a statement in favor of blackmailers.

Consider:

If Randy Moss is a horrible monster who asked that we not rush to judgment, he still has only asked for what is owed the horrible monster by a free society. We do not harm Ms. Washington, or the American justice system, by granting such trust, with the knowledge that any such peace of mind will be fleeting.

If, on the other hand, Ms. Washington has brought this request for a restraining order as a means to any petty personal end, including but not limited to money -- and we do not extend to Mr. Moss the benefit of the doubt -- we as a public encourage such behavior in the future.

OJ Simpson and Ike Turner, unfortunately, do/did exist. Also unfortunately, so does that stripper who went after the Duke Lacrosse team.

Someone here told me what an ass I'd look like if there was something to it. I disagree. If, however, there is nothing to it and we as fans treat Randy Moss as the media treated that Lacrosse team, there is something very wrong.

You can not simply recite the horror of a crime to establish that we should prematurely judge an accused man (or woman.) Even a celebrity.

PFnV

Last edited:
More name-calling and veiled profanity from PatriotsReign. What a surprise.

If this story was about Laveranues Coles, Chris Chambers (or any Charger reciever) or Moss when he was with the Raiders or Vikings the same people giving support would be trashing him and acting holier than thou. Now they're acting like they're a "buddy." Laughable.

You may not have understood my point. It's fine if you don't support Randy and there are surely many, many threads to voice ones opinion. But the author stated this thread was for those who support Randy Moss.

To be critical of him in this thread is just plain defiant & arrogant. Why would anyone want to do that in this thread? This is THE ONLY thread among many, many that's purpose is to support Randy and yet you and fnordcircle must feel you're exempt from common decency & respect.

P.S. I hope it made you feel "better than" to make your statement; "More name-calling and veiled profanity from PatriotsReign. What a surprise." But I'll let you in on a secret...I still feel great about myself ;)

PatriotsReign

Last edited:
Hello Randall.

I wasn't surprised we got you. I thought we should get you about a year ago but I was called a moron repeatedly after doing so.

Then i was a moron for suggesting we cut Reche Caldwell. I'm so glad we cut him and we have you.

Your braids are sweet.

-keegs-

That was the best one.

Brady Moss '08. They already have my support.

You're trolling the thread. Point A to B.

I'm disagreeing with the intent of the thread, sorry if you cannot handle it without having to dismiss my viewpoint as trolling. Either grow some thicker skin or I don't know, come beat me up on Sunday.

Do you think your viewpoint is special or interesting in any way?

Is that a requirement to post a viewpoint? Because the scads of threads echoing the same homer BS that proliferate day after day here hardly seem all that special to me.

It's a discussion board, I'm clearly discussing fan response to this in a thread that is all about fans blindly supporting Randy before any facts have come out.

Daring to disagree with the prevailing sentiment does not immediately equate to trolling.

Do you think anyone here is in support of beating women? Really?

No but people rushing to side with Randy about this are certainly being dismissive about it. Basically people rushing to crucify Randy and people rushing to support him are doing themselves a disservice. I personally think Randy did nothing wrong and this is an attempt to extort but you know, I'd rather not be like the Vick fans who wrote tearful, heartfelt letters of support for a guy who finanaced the butchering of dogs before all the facts came out.

Let me put this as clearly as I can: With something as heinous as abuse against women I'd expect people to exercise a little more restraint until we find out more about it. From the sounds of it the woman got a boo boo on her finger and is trying to cash in, but until more of the story gets out there I am not going to blindly support some guy just because he catches TDs for my team.

Last edited:
No but people rushing to side with Randy about this are certainly being dismissive about it.

Dismissive about what is essentially a private matter between two people, of which the essential facts are unknown?

Crazy...

I am not going to blindly support some guy just because he catches TDs for my team.

Then what are you doing?

(and why does the internet care?)

Last edited:
I'm disagreeing with the intent of the thread, sorry if you cannot handle it without having to dismiss my viewpoint as trolling. Either grow some thicker skin or I don't know, come beat me up on Sunday.

Is that a requirement to post a viewpoint? Because the scads of threads echoing the same homer BS that proliferate day after day here hardly seem all that special to me.

It's a discussion board, I'm clearly discussing fan response to this in a thread that is all about fans blindly supporting Randy before any facts have come out.

Daring to disagree with the prevailing sentiment does not immediately equate to trolling.

No but people rushing to side with Randy about this are certainly being dismissive about it. Basically people rushing to crucify Randy and people rushing to support him are doing themselves a disservice. I personally think Randy did nothing wrong and this is an attempt to extort but you know, I'd rather not be like the Vick fans who wrote tearful, heartfelt letters of support for a guy who finanaced the butchering of dogs before all the facts came out.

Let me put this as clearly as I can: With something as heinous as abuse against women I'd expect people to exercise a little more restraint until we find out more about it. From the sounds of it the woman got a boo boo on her finger and is trying to cash in, but until more of the story gets out there I am not going to blindly support some guy just because he catches TDs for my team.

1. This is NOT a discussion thread...you know this. There are plenty of discussion threads to voice your opinion.

2. There is NO issue of abuse of women regarding Moss. Nothing has been filed as such. There is no battery charge at all

3. It is THE AMERICAN WAY to give those charged the benefit of the doubt. People who initially supported Vick prior to his admission were fine to do so.

4. FACT...for some strange reason, you feel compelled to share your arrogant & pompous point of view in a thread that has the single intention of supporting Randy Moss. No one here supports your comments or wants to hear them, yet you continuously come back to post here as if you can't help yourself. You must also wash your hands 100 times a day and check the locks on your doors continuously.

Have a joyous day!

Last edited:
Dismissive about what is essentially a private matter between two people, of which the essential facts are unknown?

Crazy...

Then what are you doing?

(and why does the internet care?)

Tobias, could I respectfully ask you all others who are supporting Randy Moss not to respond to fnordcircle posts? I truly believe he will feel compelled to have the last word, so let's let him have it.

I appreciate your consideration.

Last edited:
Yeah ya know, PR, I'm with you on that from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back