PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Open Fan Letter to Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another poster endorsing Mr. Moss.

Re: Letter to Randy Moss

Innocent until proven other wise but his story is twisted to benefit him also so I wouldn't believe his story either. Plus, 11 years and "just friends" is kinda hard to believe especially since they live so far apart. I would say their stories will meet in the middle but it's a horrible situation for Randy to be in. Also, bad timing for him and the Pats.

What Patschick87 said.

Here's my "Open Letter" to Randy.

Celebrities and athletes are generally considered "guilty until proven innocent"

This is what creates a situation where former friends are tempted to extort.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you aren't entitled to be deemed "innocent until proven guilty" like the rest of us.

So as far as we are concerned, its only fair we give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

PS - If you like my stand on this issue, please send me several thousand dollars.

Another fan who is supporting Randy checking in. I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said.

I strongly support the innocent until proven guilty thought.

Randy has put up a strong argument / body of work the last 10 months that he is not the guy others made him out to be in previous years/teams. He has been the ultimate team player and said all the right things every single time a microphone was put in his face (until maybe this week - we'll see)

BB says he is one of the hardest working players on the practice field. Call me an idiot but if BB says it - I'll take it as truth over any ****amamie BS media story from anywhere else.

Lord knows folks out there can see $$ signs instead of people when you get someone like him with his talent and salary. Let us hope that is the case with this gal in FL and she backs off her claim or gets thrown out of court.

I would hate to see his Pats tenure turn on a sour note after all he did this year.

(on the pure selfish side; if the Pats support him and this turns out to be BS - maybe we get a better HT discount on re-signing him.)

I would like to say that this thread should have well over 100 posts. Hell, we've had 300+ just discussing the rumors. I hope to see many more Patriots fans posting in this thread letting you we're behind you.

So in the meantime, I will speak for ALL Patriots fans and say,

"Randy, if you read this, EVERYONE in Patriot Nation is supporting you no matter what! Our thoughts & prayers are with you!"

Patriot Nation

Last edited:
Another fan here to support you Randy! :rocker:

Some people demand respect, and some people command respect. You, Mr. Moss, for your performance and your embracing of the Patriots Team and fans, command respect.

This is really stupid. Catching footballs on the field doesn't make someone deserving of my or anyone's respect beyond respect for their abilities.

Part of not jumping to conclusions means not writing sappy letters of support. Do you really want to find that you were preemptively supporting some guy who beat a woman if that's what comes out?

Not jumping to conclusions means letting the facts bear out and biding your time and biting your tongue until that happens. I hope Randy is innocent only because it means one less woman was beat.

But until it all comes out then everyone should shutup. Both those who want to call Randy a woman beater and those who want to rush to his defense.

Last edited:
This is really stupid. Catching footballs on the field doesn't make someone deserving of my or anyone's respect beyond respect for their abilities.

Part of not jumping to conclusions means not writing sappy letters of support. Do you really want to find that you were preemptively supporting some guy who beat a woman if that's what comes out?

Not jumping to conclusions means letting the facts bear out and biding your time and biting your tongue until that happens. I hope Randy is innocent only because it means one less woman was beat.

But until it all comes out then everyone should shutup. Both those who want to call Randy a woman beater and those who want to rush to his defense.

This is a thread for all those who want to give Randy their support. If you're not with us, there are plenty of other threads to post your negative remarks in.

Real Patriots fans absolutely give Randy the benefit of the doubt and support him 100%. Nothing is proven and no charges have been brought. Why wouldn't we support him?

Which is why I speak for Patriots Nation in saying;

"Randy, we behing you all the way! hold your head high and keep doing what you're doing!"

Obviously fnordcircle is not in Patriot Nation!

P.S. I thought I told you change your avatar. It sucks.

Last edited:
Obviously fnordcircle is not in Patriot Nation!

If being in the Patriot Nation means that I have to support some guy under suspicion of beating a woman before the facts come out just because he wears my team's jersey then count me out.

Some of you need to get a grip and a little goddamn perspective.

Please send my condolences on what must be a real sense of betrayal for this kind of action from a long time friend.

Mr. Moss has been an outstanding Patriot and I truly appreciate all his hard work, outstanding play, and last but not least, his sense of humor/class!

Well said. I hope it all goes away soon for him and that the fans at the game let him know we support him.

We've got a guy asking for a principal of American jurisprudence to be applied by the chattering idiots usually found in a fan base and always found in the media: namely, presumption of innocence.

I for one can extend that presumption. Some guys here are too clever for that. Everyone can make that choice. I agree with Patriots Reign that most can find it easy not to "rush to judgment," given that only one side of the story was ever even presented.

I do believe, as I stated, that exemplary performance, in the face of a skeptical media and fan base initially just waiting for a screw-up, pretty much defines grace under pressure. I respect that.

I invite all those with a need to prejudge or denigrate to do so on one of the many threads devoted to debating the facts we do not yet know.

This thread is devoted to the vast majority who say yes, we do support our wide receiver, and honor his request that we not rush to judgment.

PFnV

If being in the Patriot Nation means that I have to support some guy under suspicion of beating a woman before the facts come out just because he wears my team's jersey then count me out.

You sir, are counted out!
No where have I read of him beating a woman, in fact, I understand the 'woman' involved in this accident hurt her hand. Perhaps she hurt it trying to beat on Randy!

Nice job PFVA!

Whats wrong with supporting Moss?? He's innocent until proven guilty...he's just as innocent as Tom Brady. Do you support Tom Brady?? Flimsy accusations and a story with a lot of holes should warrant support even from a non-Pats fan, at least until something resembling evidence is brought forward. I mean for god sakes she didnt even charge the man, a man she claims is guilty of battery. Think about that.

Also, lets get clarity on what many here mean by "support". Its not about calling the woman a liar, gold digger, or extorsionis(at least for me)....those are things that require us to hold judgement on until we know the facts. Support could just mean being behind Randy and believing his side of the story, until proven otherwise. Lets not forget that the burden of proof is still on the accuser, and not on Randy. And like I stated above, that should be how even non-Pats should feel...if you lay everything that we know on the table, these are questionable claims, to say the least.

Last edited:
Great letter and yes count me in. Randy you have graced and played with your heart this season and gave all NFL fans joy and pleasure watching you. Thankyou from all of us. The timing of this sad accusation is pretty obvious. Dont bow to them and go take it out on the Chargers. You have been betrayed by a friend because of their need of ' easy' cash. God Bless you.

Great letter and yes count me in. Randy you have graced and played with your heart this season and gave all NFL fans joy and pleasure watching you. Thankyou from all of us. The timing of this sad accusation is pretty obvious. Dont bow to them and go take it out on the Chargers. You have been betrayed by a friend because of their need of ' easy' cash. God Bless you.

I'm starting to regain my pride in Patriot Nation! Thanks to fans like you Abdul7!

We got your back Moss:rocker:

I will stand in Randy's corner until he is proven guilty of this battery charge. If he actually is guilty, then I will no longer back him no matter what he does for this team.

Here's to hoping that he is a victim of being rich and famous and not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes