An Open Fan Letter to Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I hear that some players/relatives/friends occasionally drop in on us. I would like to put this out there, on the off chance this is the case:

Dear Mr. Moss,

You know fans live to idly speculate. We love it.

There were rumors for a long time Coach Bellichick was interested in getting you on the Patriots. You know what? Until it happened, I personally thought it would be the worst thing that could happen.

Then you signed with the Pats that draft weekend, and you know what else? I instantly assumed that when the Pats' front office scouts a guy and gauges his mood and character, they almost always get it right.

I saw you saying that you hope fans do not rush to judgment.

You have spent a whole season proving to the world, the media, and everybody who's ever counted you out, that they were dead wrong. And I never heard a negative word from you, despite the press looking for them all season.

When you requested we not rush to judgment, all you requested of us was common decency and respect.

Some people demand respect, and some people command respect. You, Mr. Moss, for your performance and your embracing of the Patriots Team and fans, command respect.

Nobody "knows" anybody based on the fact they see that person on camera. But what you've definitely displayed to all of us is tremendous class and focus, something that's a trademark of the Patriots organization. And it's ridiculous to even mention your on-field achievements this year. They speak for themselves.

So will we, the fans, judge you? I can only speak for myself.

You've come too far with this team, added too much to this team, and shown too much grace under pressure to be abandoned based on one side of a story. You've got our faith and our trust, and we quite frankly have no right to judge you based on hearsay and media uproar.

Think about how you guys rallied around Coach Belichick when every clown that had ever lost to the Patriots was crawling out of the woodwork with an opinion.

That's how I feel about whatever media uproar we will see in the days prior to the San Diego game.

You're our guy. Go win a game dawg.

PFnV

The granddad of Randy's kids drops by and posts every now and then on patriotsplanet...Frank I thinks his name, and he actually sheds some really good insight about Randy from a personal level. So if you have an account there, you may want to post this there..and maybe address him in the title so he sees it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. He has been a model player and person by all accounts thus far. I personally won't change my opinion of him because of unfounded stories coming from some woman looking to extort money from him. I have enjoyed watching him on the field and always eagerly await his press conferences after a game. He is always easy going and quick-witted. I truly enjoy watching him and stand behind him.

Jimmy V.
afro.gif

Great letter- good work indeed...!

Put me down in uspport of Randy Moss!!!

Any shred of doubt disappeared as soon as I read of the 100% support form the coach...

Me too ... love ya Randy!!!! Thanks for all your effort this year!
You are professional ... all the way! We are proud of you!

Randy will be very appreciative that the Patriot organization and Patriot nation has his back throughout this ugly and well timed for maxiumum presssure on the extortee by the extorter slimey episode. The Patriot organization and Patriot nation will be rewarded for having Randy's back when Randy gives a hometown discount and signs the adoption papers later this year. :rocker:
Randy has found a true home and will retire a Patriot and in possession of AT LEAST 2 Super Bowl rings on his fingers.
Randy isn't perfect and he's made his mistakes but this whole things smells to the high heavens.
Gotch back covered Randy!

Last edited:
Randy -- I own your T-shirt and one day will get your mask-wig as well. You're the best. NOW GO OUT THERE AND KICK SOME CHARGER TAIL SUNDAY! :rocker:

The granddad of Randy's kids drops by and posts every now and then on patriotsplanet...Frank I thinks his name, and he actually sheds some really good insight about Randy from a personal level. So if you have an account there, you may want to post this there..and maybe address him in the title so he sees it.

If anybody has a Patriots planet account, can you re-post over there? (if you have one, could you please do it, XZibit?). I know the fans at Gillette will show him where our hearts are, but I figure the more the merrier.

He did post today on a thread at the Planet. He said that the woman is an old college friend and they are shocked that she is doing this.

He said the family has known about this and supports Randy. In the past Randy has done some 'dumb' things and the family has let him know it. But in this case , they support him 100%.

That is pretty much what Frank posted. Hope that he is lurking here and will correct and expand on what I just posted.

Embracing Randy Moss

Of course we get some cranks and creeps on this team.
They don't stay long.

Mr. Moss certainly is not one of those ... or even to be mentioned alongside them.
Not only do we hope that he does sign those "adoption papers" (!) ...
but that he signs joyously and knowing full well how much he is respected here!

Meanwhile, there are still two tough games to win.
This Sunday the Foxboro faithful will show those blackmailers where to get off.
If he's good enough for Brady and Belichick ... then i'm also delighted
to have him as our teammate.

Funny how the last time SanDi was here, we had just had that big bowl of nonsense.
And, after the game, the players embraced the victim of that sorry extravaganza.
Well, it's the Chargers again - poor lads.
After this forthcoming emotional win, i fully expect to see Bru leading a surge of teammates
embracing Randy Moss.

Re: Embracing Randy Moss

Funny how the last time SanDi was here, we had just had that big bowl of nonsense.
And, after the game, the players embraced the victim of that sorry extravaganza.
Well, it's the Chargers again - poor lads.
After this forthcoming emotional win, i fully expect to see Bru leading a surge of teammates
embracing Randy Moss.

It's deja vu all over again isn't it.
Poor Chargers!! :D

Great job PFIVA! I endorse you sentiments 100%! What you did here is called responsible fan support and what we as members of Patsfans.com should be doing more of instead of idle speculation & gossip.

Thank you!

Randy Moss is the best WR to ever grace the Gridiron. Its just pathetic to see the crap thats goin own days before the AFC CHamp game. I hope he gets more than 1 pass on Sunday. GO PATS!!!

Great letter PFiVA. Very well put.
I support you too Randy.
Now lets kick some Charger butt.:rocker:

Letter to Randy Moss

I am going to write a letter to Moss on his site therealrandymoss.com from the patsfans.com msgboard. I was wondering if anyone wanted to have something to say.

I hear that some players/relatives/friends occasionally drop in on us. I would like to put this out there, on the off chance this is the case:

Dear Mr. Moss,

You know fans live to idly speculate Actually some of like to watch the game knowing it doesn't change our life and it's fun when you win but some of us have to go to work, as usual, on Monday . We love it.

There were rumors for a long time Coach Bellichick Spelling was interested in getting you on the Patriots. You know what? Until it happened, I personally thought it would be the worst thing that could happen. Great job of buttering him up early. Can you say "Are you sure you want to log off Randy?"

Then you signed with the Pats that draft weekend, and you know what else? I instantly assumed that when the Pats' front office scouts a guy and gauges his mood and character, they almost always get it right. Actually I still thought you were a cancer but I was in turmoil once I realized we were stuck with you. I will start every post from now on with "I could be wrong" and end every one with "time will tell"

I saw you saying that you hope fans do not rush to judgment. You better say that pal. This is THE Patriots and we'll throw your ass out of here. Toe the line or I'll personally write an open letter to Bruschi to beyotch slap you in public

You have spent a whole season proving to the world, the media, and everybody who's ever counted you out, that they were dead wrong. Not me dude. I had your back the whole time. And I never heard a negative word from you, despite the press looking for them all season.

When you requested we not rush to judgment, all you requested of us was common decency and respect. It was my dopey little brother that didn't trust you. How he got my Myspace password is beyond me. I was grounded for a week. P.S. I deleted that blog entry when you made that catch against the Phins.

Some people demand respect, and some people command respect. You, Mr. Moss, for your performance and your embracing of the Patriots Team and fans, command respect. Here's where I push for the autographed 8 x 10

Nobody "knows" anybody based on the fact they see that person on camera. But what you've definitely displayed to all of us is tremendous class and focus, something that's a trademark of the Patriots organization. And it's ridiculous to even mention your on-field achievements this year. They speak for themselves. Screw the photo, that's game day jersey material right there.

So will we, the fans, judge you? I can only speak for myself. I say we because I have a mouse in my pocket.

You've come too far with this team, added too much to this team, and shown too much grace Does too much grace mean he should have stopped at some point? under pressure to be abandoned based on one side of a story. You've got our faith and our trust, and we quite frankly have no right to judge you based on hearsay and media uproar. We will however, take every article that bashes an opponent as the God's honest truth

Think about how you guys rallied around Coach Belichick when every clown that had ever lost to the Patriots was crawling out of the woodwork with an opinion. Rallying for a fwap fwap fwap finish and fails

That's how I feel about whatever media uproar we will see in the days prior to the San Diego game. Because I'm all about the positive.

You're our guy. Go win a game dawg. Sorry I watched American Idol last night dawg. Damn, I said it again.

In conclusion, I was the one guy that said we're going undefeated this year. If you don't believe me ask Danny Sheridan. I was in Vegas at The Palms during week one and pulled him aside at halftime against the Jets and told him if he doesn't make a line RIGHT NOW! (Yes, I got tough with him) I'm taking my money to the Whack a Mole game on the Revere boardwalk. You should have seen the look of horror on his face thinking about the prospect of me taking my money elsewhere. Suffice to say I'm looking at a cool five bucks if you run the table (He gave me 500-1 odds and I emptied my pockets)
PFnV

Great post. I have nothing to add. ;)

Excellent post PVIFA!! Couldn't have said it better myself. No worries Mr. Moss, pats fans have your back!

Re: Letter to Randy Moss

Please send my condolences on what must be a real sense of betrayal for this kind of action from a long time friend.

Mr. Moss has been an outstanding Patriot and I truly appreciate all his hard work, outstanding play, and last but not least, his sense of humor/class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back