PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Omimous Observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Does Volek rhyme with Zolak? Just kidding, just trying to show some disprespect. :D

But I do have a more ominous observation to offer...

In 2004 the Pittsburgh Steelers were poised to finally win a Super Bowl in the Cowher era (at least, in the eyes of their fans) with a breakthrough season which, record wise, would have topped any of those by the 70s dynasty. But they peetered out by year's end, losing the AFC championship to the Pats. However, a year later, after Roethlisburgh and his team complete a less stellar, working man's season, they finally do with the Super Bowl.

In 2005 the Indianapolis Colts were poised to finally win a Super Bowl in the Dungy era (at least, in the eyes of their fans) with a breakthrough season which saw them threaten to go undefeated. But they peetered out by year's end, losing an AFC divisional match to those same Steelers. However, a year later, after Manning and his team complete a less stellar, working man's season, they finally do with the Super Bowl.

In 2006 the San Diego Chargers were poised to finally win a Super Bowl in the Shottemheimer era (at least, in the eyes of their fans) with a breakthrough season which saw them post their best regular season ever. But they peetered out by year's end, losing an AFC divisional match to the dreaded Patriots. However, a year later, after Rivers and his team complete a less stellar, working man's season... YIKES! :eek:

The Pats just gotta break that trend!

Even worse, only one other time has a football team from SD met a team named "The Patriots" in a championship game of any kind. The result?

SD 54
Patriots 10

Do you guys intentionally search for stuff to make you worry? Do you? YOU'RE DRIVING ME NUTS!! STOP!!!

sorry for ranting

winning 17 straight beats the crap out of that weakass trend.

Even worse, only one other time has a football team from SD met a team named "The Patriots" in a championship game of any kind. The result?

SD 54
Patriots 10

Uhhh...that was 51-10!

Please! Credit where credit due!!!

SD 54
Patriots 10

And until this year the Patriots had NEVER won in Texas Stadium. The times they are a changing....

Or you may consider the fact that the Pats were in a position to avenge the 1985 Superbowl beating by the Bears last year and had that second half meltdown against the Colts. This year, the Packers, the only other team to beat New England in the 1996 Superbowl, is the likely opponent. Coincidence?

Sorry, I can't even feign concern. The Pats will once again mock the Merriman dance in victory. Norv Turner is happy just to walk away with his playoff victories to date.

Do you guys intentionally search for stuff to make you worry? Do you? YOU'RE DRIVING ME NUTS!! STOP!!!

sorry for ranting
No problem. I promise you, I posted that with tongue firmly in cheek.

Then she crossed her legs... :bricks:

No problem. I promise you, I posted that with tongue firmly in cheek.

Then she crossed her legs... :bricks:

I just choked on my salad..funny stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes