PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

2) Danny's impact: Will Danny Woodhead and the Patriot running game have an impact in the game vs the Jets? The stats say 'no' he would not. The Jets are the NFL's 4th best rush defense: The Patriots have faced two teams ranked higher: The Chargers (3rd) and the Steelers (1st). They both held the Patriots rushing attack under 100+ yards.
Well considering the Pats scored an average of 31 points in those two games, I'd say it's a pretty empty stat, wouldn't you?

Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

How do you beat almost every good team in the NFL and not qualify for this stat?

We've beaten Chargers, # 1 ranked offense and defense IN San Diego. We've beaten the Ravens already. We've beaten Pittsburgh IN Pitt. Honestly, I think the Steelers are better than Jets as a total team. As a matter of fact, I'm sure the Jets have already marked that game down as a loss. Sanchez cannot and will not do what Brady did.

Sanchez can only realistically complete two routes with regularity - the slant and the quick hitch. He'll try to slant them to death. Against a defense like the Steelers, that isn't going to work. They aren't going to be able to run on the Steelers either. That game should be pretty much chalked up as a loss by them.

The chargers game was one of the worse games we have played all season and we won.The offense wasnt in synch yet.The o-line was horrible.I think we where fortunate that day.

Honestly, I think the Steelers are better than Jets as a total team. As a matter of fact, I'm sure the Jets have already marked that game down as a loss.

Remove NE from the jets, steelers and ravens schedules and you have 8-2 jets, 8-2 steelers, 8-2 ravens. The jest are begging for a loss imo.

Yes, but let's just be clear about what I did and didn't say. Is Slauson the weak point on the Jets line? Probably. You'll have to do better to pin the "sucks" label on him, though. Statistics, as manipulable as they may, wouldn't allow "suck" to hide so well.

I think the better adjective would be "young."

The guy sucks, and his age is irrelevant. "Young" is just a cover for WHY he sucks. We're talking about how the players are now, and probably will be in less than 10 days. Whether Slauson will, or will not, be a better player when he's no longer "young" is absolutely irrelevant.

During the Jets' current four-game winning streak, the combined record of their victims is 11-31. The combined record of the last six teams they have beaten is a ghastly 19-53. None of those six teams has a winning record.

The Jets have played three teams with a winning record this season, Baltimore (7-3), New England (9-2) and Green Bay (7-3) and have beaten only the Patriots out of that group.

For the record, so you are a martyr? :eek:
As long as I get to go to the game label me whatever you want, except "Jets fan". Them's fighting words.

:D

As long as I get to go to the game label me whatever you want, except "Jets fan". Them's fighting words.

:D
You are definitely NOT a Jets Fan! Thank God!

Where did I make a comment about the Jets being so awesome at every position?

Stupid here is a choice.
Answer the question: If the Jets are so awesome at every position why did it take overtime to beat the Lions and Browns?

The guy sucks, and his age is irrelevant. "Young" is just a cover for WHY he sucks. We're talking about how the players are now, and probably will be in less than 10 days. Whether Slauson will, or will not, be a better player when he's no longer "young" is absolutely irrelevant.

Well done. Sucks it is. Reason be damned, and such.

You've done better work around here, though.

Answer the question: If the Jets are so awesome at every position why did it take overtime to beat the Lions and Browns?

So, you invent a post I never typed and then expect me to answer your question about it? Ho. Lee. Smoaks.

Why you choose stupid over all other options - continuously - is beyond me. Probably beyond you too, but that's really the point here, isn't it?

So, you invent a post I never typed and then expect me to answer your question about it? Ho. Lee. Smoaks.

Why you choose stupid over all other options - continuously - is beyond me. Probably beyond you too, but that's really the point here, isn't it?
NY Jets fans are the most delusional fans on earth. Since there are no deficiencies with the NY Jets why are they not undefeated? Why is the sports world not hailing the 2010 NY Jets the greatest sports team of all time?

Well done. Sucks it is. Reason be damned, and such.

You've done better work around here, though.

There's no lack of reason to my posts about Slauson. I didn't flesh them out with statistics, which is a different issue, and one which someone who knows anything about the game should understand, since we're dealing with offensive linemen, where group protection can mask individual incompetence. Hell, Rob Turner has shown that he's able to replace the guy with no real loss to the line, which should probably tell you something about Slauson.

Then again, you went with "Young" for your counter-argument, so you're not really in a position to criticize on the topic. The "better work" comment certainly applies to your posts on this matter.

Last edited:

NY Jets fans are the most delusional fans on earth. Since there are no deficiencies with the NY Jets why are they not undefeated? Why is the sports world not hailing the 2010 NY Jets the greatest sports team of all time?

You seem to be carrying on an argument all by yourself, and calling ME delusional. That's just a great big ball of awesomeness.

You seem to be carrying on an argument all by yourself, and calling ME delusional. That's just a great big ball of awesomeness.
If Slauson does not suck, then everyone on the NY Jets roster is awesome. That's your argument. Why have the Jets lost two games this season?

At least the OP isn't a Jets ballwashing one sided bozo like this guy

Jets will win in New England Monday Night! | NJ.com

This whole article is a crock of sh*t. It starts by saying that the Pats haven't faced a defense like the Jets. We've played the best defenses in the league. It even says that we have no running game and are 1 dimensional but we are the only team this season to rush for more than 100 yards against Pittsburgh.

There's no lack of reason to my posts about Slauson. I didn't flesh them out with statistics, which is a different issue, and one which someone who knows anything about the game should understand, since we're dealing with offensive linemen, where group protection can mask individual incompetence. Hell, Rob Turner has shown that he's able to replace the guy with no real loss to the line, which should probably tell you something about Slauson.

Then again, you went with "Young" for your counter-argument, so you're not really in a position to criticize on the topic. The "better work" comment certainly applies to your posts on this matter.
Yes, yes, we ALLLLLL know that statistics won't give us the entire picture. And punctuating it with, "as anyone who knows the game" doesn't add very much. I'm sorry - this is just sloppy.

Or, maybe it's that we have different internal definitions of "sucks." What would be acceptable to support this bold premise is . . . something. Even something anecdotal. Something that may have caught your eye during the course of watching nearly every game. A good example would be to say something like, "Pat Williams ate Slauson alive," or "Slauson was mugging Ngata and Haloti still owned him." That latter one might even have the benefit of being true.

The kicker is, I'm not even asking you to be right. I'm just asking you to bring something more than bald pronouncements to the table.

Last edited:

If Slauson does not suck, then everyone on the NY Jets roster is awesome. That's your argument. Why have the Jets lost two games this season?
You're just a priceless piece of work, you are. I can't spend a lot of time analyzing; I'd much prefer stepping back and admiring how special you are.

At least the OP isn't a Jets ballwashing one sided bozo like this guy

Jets will win in New England Monday Night! | NJ.com

I can't take a journalist seriously that refers to Belichick as Belicheat throughout the entire article. He also says they can't run the ball yet Green-Ellis is on pace for over 900 yards. This article is not worth the paper its printed on (and its not printed on paper so that should tell you ho worthless it really is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down