PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec. 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

I have an opinion, backed by stats, telling who will win

Pats 45-3

See the signature

Best. Signature. Ever.

Re: An NY Jets fan's opinion (backed by stats) telling why the Jets will prevail Dec.

I have an opinion, backed by stats, telling who will win

Pats 45-3

See the signature

Nikolai has the baddest sig in all the land.

We all remember EIFMP's post before the game on Dec 6th so there's not much more to say. I'll give him credit for coming back the next day.

One thing I will say is that the Jets need to start fast in this game and the first quarter will be huge for them. Starting quick and getting the Patriots off schedule will be crucial. The good news is as many posters previously stated this Patriots team plays a full 60 minutes of football. I don't expect a blowout and will be very interested in how the Jets adjust. I can imagine a 10-14 point win for the Pats making it look respectable but it will be one of those games where the Pats control the pace throughout and was never truly in doubt.

First some opinions about differences between week 2 and now:

A) Santonio Holmes as a receiving threat: How will the Patriots deal with him?

B) A 100% Darrelle Revis: Who will he cover and can he be as effective as he has been recently? Revis has held Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, and Terrell Owens to 61 yards total. Will Tom Brady be afraid to throw in his direction?

C)Calvin Pace as a pass rusher/run stoper: He missed the first 4 games of the season. How will his presence in this game help with the pass rush/run game?

D) O-Line improvement: Jets had a 2nd year player starting in only his second game at RG (Matt Slauson). The Patriots had 3 sacks that game. That has only happened 1 other time this season (Hou). Part of that is Mark Sanchez's ability to escape the rush and still make plays. Will a team that's currently 21's in sacks be able to get constant pressure on the QB? Will they be able to contain Sanchez once/if he escapes the pocket?

Besides said differences between week 2 and now...there are some other things I wanna see:

1) Sumthin's gotta give: Either Tom Brady's 25 straight (regular season) home wins will cease or the Jets current 8 straight (regular season) road winning streak cease. Jets are a better road team than home team anyway, winning 11 of the last 15 games on the road including the playoffs.

2) Danny's impact: Will Danny Woodhead and the Patriot running game have an impact in the game vs the Jets? The stats say 'no' he would not. The Jets are the NFL's 4th best rush defense: The Patriots have faced two teams ranked higher: The Chargers (3rd) and the Steelers (1st). They both held the Patriots rushing attack under 100+ yards.

3) Sumthin's gotta give part two: Tom Brady is on Fire. Noticed how I capitalized the F. 23 TD's/4 INT's/2703 passing yards. But he's only passed for 300 + yards twice...vs the Steelers and the Lions. The Jets are 12th in fewest passing YPG (210.6), allow the 4th worst QB rating (75.8), and is tops in the league in lowest completion percentage allowed by opposing QB's (50.3). They held Tom Brady to his 2nd lowest completion percentage this season (55.6), and his 2nd lowest QBR 72.5. Tom Brady has faced 4 teams this season that has allowed fewer passing yardage per game than the Jets. San Diego, Indy, Miami, Baltimore. In those 4 games vs those upper echelon passing defenses Tom has been sacked 11 of his 15 times this season and has thrown for under 200 yards passing in 3 of those games (SD, Miami, Indy).

4) Tom's two losses: They came vs. teams who run the ball well. Jets are 2nd in the league at rushing yards per game and the Cleveland Browns are 12th. They've faced other teams who run the ball well Minnesota (10th) and the Steelers (9th). The Patriots forced the Steelers to play catch-up after getting a huge lead in the game, therefore forcing them to abandon the run. While the rushing attack was able to get the better of the Minnesota and keep Adrian Peterson off the field. In the two games the Patriots lost they were out gained on the ground by 75 (NYJ) and 136 (Cle). Not only did they keep Tom Brady off the field, they eliminated any running threat and thereby putting more pressure on Tom Brady to be flawless.

5) Multifaceted threat: If you can either take away or match the one or two things that another team can do then you've got a good strategy/game plan. Belichick is a master of both. Problem is the Jets are very good at a lot of things and not GREAT any any one or two things. We all know this will be the best rushing offense the Pats will have faced all season. But what else is there? Well...the Jets avg 40.1 net yards punting (5th in the league) and are tied for the league lead with 26 punts killed inside the 20. They are 2nd in the league in kick return average at 26.9. All this adds up to winning the battle of field position. They are 9th in the league with 37 passing plays of 20+ yards and 6th in the league with 9 passing plays of 40+ yards, both ranking are higher than New England's, despite all the Mark Sanchez naysayers out there. The Jets have only allowed 1 300+ passing game all season (Chad Henne) and that was without Darrelle Revis.

Quite frankly...The Patriots have not faced a team this season who is above average with regards to running the ball & defending the run & defending the pass & explosive pass plays with the punting/kicking to win the field position battle all rolled into one. Not to mention the Jets have the 4th best starting field position in the NFL. This is the best combination of offense, defense and special teams in the NFL. This is why I think the Jets will win by a touchdown next Monday.

I predict Jets 27 - Patriots 20.

People want to Jump on the San Diego Chargers bandwagon...but of their 5 losses 3 of them were to teams under .500. Not me sir. Would rather barely win vs sub .500 teams than lose to them

I will be here all week, respectful, and would appreciate the same in return.

Reponses....comments...rebuttals?

Funny, I don't notice any Jets fans replies AFTER that game. You think they'd come back and offer an Emily Litella..."Never Mind"

emily-litella.jpg

(note: If you're below the age of 40 you're probably wondering what the heck I'm writing about!)

Great thread, I had forgotten about it.

Funny, I don't notice any Jets fans replies AFTER that game. You think they'd come back and offer an Emily Litella..."Never Mind"

emily-litella.jpg

(note: If you're below the age of 40 you're probably wondering what the heck I'm writing about!)

They did. There was an entire thread where he ate crow over it.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't even realize that the ****** who posted this thread is the same one who came up with "Sunday's Game Will Be Decided In The 1st Quarter" gem.

I wonder what is more embarassing to the Jets:

Losing 45-3 after essentially declaring victory during the week.

Or knowing that their fans are this dumb.

Reading this after that blow out...LOL and he just started another one..you know what that means

I am thrilled and touched that you all remember me...and so very fondly too.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't even realize that the ****** who posted this thread is the same one who came up with "Sunday's Game Will Be Decided In The 1st Quarter" gem.

I wonder what is more embarassing to the Jets:

Losing 45-3 after essentially declaring victory during the week.

Or knowing that their fans are this dumb.

You called me a ******. Called Jets fans dumb. Yet you misspelled the word 'embarrassing'.

No need for the personal insults for just stating my (at the time) educated opinion.

Jeez...it's just football. It's not like I'm insulting your mom & dad or anything.

Everyone is entitiled to one mistake.

I haven't read your recent thread yet. Could you be double dipping?

Tough to forget such an on-point assessment as the one you had. ;)

Everyone is entitiled to one mistake.

I haven't read your recent thread yet. Could you be double dipping?

Nah...recent thread just goes over how the first quarter cost the Jets the game in the 45-3 massacre and I give my opinions on the matter.

Nothing prophetic or the like.

Jeez...it's just football. It's not like I'm insulting your mom & dad or anything.

I'm simply stating my opinion, cutie pie. If it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

To respond to the part of your post I quoted: the way I see it, anyone who not only posts on an opposing team's message board, but posts an involved thread explaining why that team will lose to their team, is pushing the limits of "it's just football".

Making a second thread about winning a game in the first quarter (which pretty much doesn't happen in football... you'd think a Jets fan in particular would recognize that), is the icing on the "it's just football" cake.

If it was "just football", I have a feeling you wouldn't be posting here. ;-)

I'm simply stating my opinion, cutie pie. If it quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

To respond to the part of your post I quoted: the way I see it, anyone who not only posts on an opposing team's message board, but posts an involved thread explaining why that team will lose to their team, is pushing the limits of "it's just football".

Making a second thread about winning a game in the first quarter (which pretty much doesn't happen in football... you'd think a Jets fan in particular would recognize that), is the icing on the "it's just football" cake.

If it was "just football", I have a feeling you wouldn't be posting here. ;-)

The "it's just football" statement I put there is related to insulting me for stating an opinion opposite of what yours is/was. It was obvious I was wrong about the out come of the game on Dec. 6th. Insulting me about my opinion of it is taking it too personally. Talking about football on other teams message boards is well within the realm of "it's just football", calling me a ****** for doing it is not.

Hahaha I read this without looking at the date and thought it was about the playoff game. I was thinking "What a moron".

I don't post very often, but I must say that the personal attacks are certainly not necessary. The dude had some educated insight about how the Dec 6th game may have been played out; however, it didn't quite go the way of the Jets. I think he's right: it's just football, and not a single one of us plays the game. I check out some of the Jets' forums, and they are mostly all a$-$holes who immediately jump on anything resembling anti-Jets talk. I, unfortunately, have read many posts on here that resemble the posts on the Jets' sites - let's not do that. The guy was just being friendly and talking football (and came back to accept that he was mistaken about his previous prediction - not many do that!). I've been watching the Pats for 32 years and have seen many different Pats teams take the field. We are very lucky to be watching the Belichick and Brady masterpiece at work - let's embrace it and appreciate the team we have - and not be pompous a$-$hats because a non-Pats fan wanted to discuss the art of football!

My $0.02

First some opinions about differences between week 2 and now:

A) Santonio Holmes as a receiving threat: How will the Patriots deal with him?

B) A 100% Darrelle Revis: Who will he cover and can he be as effective as he has been recently? Revis has held Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Calvin "Megatron" Johnson, and Terrell Owens to 61 yards total. Will Tom Brady be afraid to throw in his direction?

C)Calvin Pace as a pass rusher/run stoper: He missed the first 4 games of the season. How will his presence in this game help with the pass rush/run game?

D) O-Line improvement: Jets had a 2nd year player starting in only his second game at RG (Matt Slauson). The Patriots had 3 sacks that game. That has only happened 1 other time this season (Hou). Part of that is Mark Sanchez's ability to escape the rush and still make plays. Will a team that's currently 21's in sacks be able to get constant pressure on the QB? Will they be able to contain Sanchez once/if he escapes the pocket?

Besides said differences between week 2 and now...there are some other things I wanna see:

1) Sumthin's gotta give: Either Tom Brady's 25 straight (regular season) home wins will cease or the Jets current 8 straight (regular season) road winning streak cease. Jets are a better road team than home team anyway, winning 11 of the last 15 games on the road including the playoffs.

2) Danny's impact: Will Danny Woodhead and the Patriot running game have an impact in the game vs the Jets? The stats say 'no' he would not. The Jets are the NFL's 4th best rush defense: The Patriots have faced two teams ranked higher: The Chargers (3rd) and the Steelers (1st). They both held the Patriots rushing attack under 100+ yards.

3) Sumthin's gotta give part two: Tom Brady is on Fire. Noticed how I capitalized the F. 23 TD's/4 INT's/2703 passing yards. But he's only passed for 300 + yards twice...vs the Steelers and the Lions. The Jets are 12th in fewest passing YPG (210.6), allow the 4th worst QB rating (75.8), and is tops in the league in lowest completion percentage allowed by opposing QB's (50.3). They held Tom Brady to his 2nd lowest completion percentage this season (55.6), and his 2nd lowest QBR 72.5. Tom Brady has faced 4 teams this season that has allowed fewer passing yardage per game than the Jets. San Diego, Indy, Miami, Baltimore. In those 4 games vs those upper echelon passing defenses Tom has been sacked 11 of his 15 times this season and has thrown for under 200 yards passing in 3 of those games (SD, Miami, Indy).

4) Tom's two losses: They came vs. teams who run the ball well. Jets are 2nd in the league at rushing yards per game and the Cleveland Browns are 12th. They've faced other teams who run the ball well Minnesota (10th) and the Steelers (9th). The Patriots forced the Steelers to play catch-up after getting a huge lead in the game, therefore forcing them to abandon the run. While the rushing attack was able to get the better of the Minnesota and keep Adrian Peterson off the field. In the two games the Patriots lost they were out gained on the ground by 75 (NYJ) and 136 (Cle). Not only did they keep Tom Brady off the field, they eliminated any running threat and thereby putting more pressure on Tom Brady to be flawless.

5) Multifaceted threat: If you can either take away or match the one or two things that another team can do then you've got a good strategy/game plan. Belichick is a master of both. Problem is the Jets are very good at a lot of things and not GREAT any any one or two things. We all know this will be the best rushing offense the Pats will have faced all season. But what else is there? Well...the Jets avg 40.1 net yards punting (5th in the league) and are tied for the league lead with 26 punts killed inside the 20. They are 2nd in the league in kick return average at 26.9. All this adds up to winning the battle of field position. They are 9th in the league with 37 passing plays of 20+ yards and 6th in the league with 9 passing plays of 40+ yards, both ranking are higher than New England's, despite all the Mark Sanchez naysayers out there. The Jets have only allowed 1 300+ passing game all season (Chad Henne) and that was without Darrelle Revis.

Quite frankly...The Patriots have not faced a team this season who is above average with regards to running the ball & defending the run & defending the pass & explosive pass plays with the punting/kicking to win the field position battle all rolled into one. Not to mention the Jets have the 4th best starting field position in the NFL. This is the best combination of offense, defense and special teams in the NFL. This is why I think the Jets will win by a touchdown next Monday.

I predict Jets 27 - Patriots 20.

People want to Jump on the San Diego Chargers bandwagon...but of their 5 losses 3 of them were to teams under .500. Not me sir. Would rather barely win vs sub .500 teams than lose to them

I will be here all week, respectful, and would appreciate the same in return.

Reponses....comments...rebuttals?

Haven't you heard that stats are for losers. The final score is for winners.

I don't post very often, but I must say that the personal attacks are certainly not necessary. The dude had some educated insight about how the Dec 6th game may have been played out; however, it didn't quite go the way of the Jets. I think he's right: it's just football, and not a single one of us plays the game. I check out some of the Jets' forums, and they are mostly all a$-$holes who immediately jump on anything resembling anti-Jets talk. I, unfortunately, have read many posts on here that resemble the posts on the Jets' sites - let's not do that. The guy was just being friendly and talking football (and came back to accept that he was mistaken about his previous prediction - not many do that!). I've been watching the Pats for 32 years and have seen many different Pats teams take the field. We are very lucky to be watching the Belichick and Brady masterpiece at work - let's embrace it and appreciate the team we have - and not be pompous a$-$hats because a non-Pats fan wanted to discuss the art of football!

My $0.02

Fan=Fanatic

But I agree with your post mostly.. But I honestly don't care if the make fun of Jets fans as long as the team keeps cashing checks for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots