PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Interesting Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Though I don't agree with everything in this article, that is one part that definitely got my attention. It's hard for me to figure out whether I even I agree with it or not, but I would love for it to be realized:

Ten Things I Think About The New England Patriots :pats Confidential

Tom Brady looks sharp and ready to go for the opening game of the season. Against St. Louis, Brady was 18 – 22 for 273 yards, and three touchdowns. He just looked like the old Tom Brady I have seen lead the Patriots to three Super Bowl Championships. I wouldn’t be shocked if this season he ends up being the MVP of the NFL.

Is it just wishful thinking, or do any of you see this as a legitimate possibility?

I thought the entire article was well reasoned and Brady will absolutely be in the running for league MVP. He should have more than one of those trophies already, though, and the fact is too much emphasis has always been placed on regular season stats as the determining factor. That said, I'd prefer he's in the running for post season (SB) MVP - an award he has a better historical percentage of winning...

I thought the entire article was well reasoned and Brady will absolutely be in the running for league MVP. He should have more than one of those trophies already, though, and the fact is too much emphasis has always been placed on regular season stats as the determining factor. That said, I'd prefer he's in the running for post season (SB) MVP - an award he has a better historical percentage of winning...

Nicely put.

Very nicely put, Mo. As another poster said, it could very well come down to the O-Line.

I really only disagree on the pass rush point. It definitely wasn't all world against the Rams, but the idea that the secondary "had to cover for too long" just isn't accurate IMO. There were a lot of times where Bradford threw very quickly, and the only way we could have possibly gotten pressure on those plays was if the offensive line simply decided not to block. We had a couple sacks and some pressures that were overshadowed by the dumb penalties.

Again, it wasn't a strength in that game, but they DID provide pressure. The DBs just had a game where they were seemingly NEVER on their man. This was either a failure in coverage, or scheme, or both.

Before any season happens; anyone can be MVP; but I do think TFB might have a good chance to earn it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes