Welcome to PatsFans.com

An Interesting Article

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

Though I don't agree with everything in this article, that is one part that definitely got my attention. It's hard for me to figure out whether I even I agree with it or not, but I would love for it to be realized:

Ten Things I Think About The New England Patriots :pats Confidential

Is it just wishful thinking, or do any of you see this as a legitimate possibility?
  2. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the o-line can protect him.
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I thought the entire article was well reasoned and Brady will absolutely be in the running for league MVP. He should have more than one of those trophies already, though, and the fact is too much emphasis has always been placed on regular season stats as the determining factor. That said, I'd prefer he's in the running for post season (SB) MVP - an award he has a better historical percentage of winning...
  4. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +136 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

Nicely put.
  5. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

Very nicely put, Mo. As another poster said, it could very well come down to the O-Line.
  6. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +268 / 1 / -2

I really only disagree on the pass rush point. It definitely wasn't all world against the Rams, but the idea that the secondary "had to cover for too long" just isn't accurate IMO. There were a lot of times where Bradford threw very quickly, and the only way we could have possibly gotten pressure on those plays was if the offensive line simply decided not to block. We had a couple sacks and some pressures that were overshadowed by the dumb penalties.

Again, it wasn't a strength in that game, but they DID provide pressure. The DBs just had a game where they were seemingly NEVER on their man. This was either a failure in coverage, or scheme, or both.
  7. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

Before any season happens; anyone can be MVP; but I do think TFB might have a good chance to earn it again :)
  8. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 15 / -11

He is the best player, and will likely deserve the award, but may not get the votes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.