PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An honest question about LdT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved when Teague smacked TO but here's the difference.

Merriman said he was going to smack Tom Brady in the mouth.
Florence said don't look shocked we just kicked your @sses.
Phillips said that was an @ss-whoopin.
Marty said their run is over.

Then in the game,

EVERY Chargers enters the stadium with a WWF performance when announced.
Merriman does his stupid dance on a knock down, not even a sack.
Florence takes that stupid penalty on Graham and is talking smack.
Cromatie talks smack after knocking down a pass.

And on and on and on.....

Then LT cried when Hobbs does the Merriman dance and says we would never disrespect a team like that.

What did they do when they beat the Patriots in 05? The rally with Merriman? Pregame introductions? During the game taunting?

The Chargers like to be bullies and they got mad when somebody wouldn't take their crap and smacked them back in the mouth.

The truth is LT is a bad loser and I used to be a fan before all of his crying but now we are seeing what he's made of. I love the 2.4\carry and I hope it continues even though I have a feeling they'll improve.

BTW loved them going in at halftime saying "We have them right where we want them."

That team needs to grow up, here's to hoping they never do.

Marty messed up that team much more than their fans will admit. Marty was a very good motivator and just an average to poor coach. He'd have those young studs all fired up, doin' dances, smack talking and feeling like kings of the NFL. Motivation maxes out at a certain point and for the Chargers, (and Marty), that came in the playoffs where the opposistion is also heavily motivated just because they're in the post season. Marty can't motivate beyond maximum and his teams were never prepared to execute even if the coordinators had an excellent game plan. This year Norv is the anti-Marty and the team is completely lost. There is no motivation, no ra-ra, no dances and after losing these games, no smack talk. They have no idea how to utilize their talents and are on a crash course with reality. It's a total waste of a good team.

want to feel better?

http://bengalsjungle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Bengals fans are a miserable lot these days it seems...poor chaps...

Wow -- there's some heavy duty depression over there. See the thread:

And so it goes, another lost season in a lifetime of lost seasons.

Dang

Everlong: There's a difference between smack talk pre-game and during a game and smack talk after you've just beaten somebody. Especially in the playoffs. That's when sportsmanship kicks in -- for most teams.

I don't like it when our guys mess up on that one, either. (And you'll see plenty of posts on our board from fans telling the Bolts would just shut up and play). But I've never seen them, or any other team, cross the line like your guys did -- especially the part about screaming taunts into the Chargers dressing room after the game. Like I said -- BB said it was over the line, too.

Last edited:
cross the line like your guys did -- especially the part about screaming taunts into the Chargers dressing room after the game. Like I said -- BB said it was over the line, too

Exsqueeze me? when did they scream into the charger dressing room? As far as I know that DID NOT happen.

What happened was our guys were in the corridor on the way to THEIR OWN dressing room and some camera guy took video of them celebrating on the way in. then broadcast that fast enough that the chargers might have seen it in their dressing room.

sorry about that; but they are allowed to vent a little on the way into their own room. it was a tight game that Pats wern't expected to win. But they came out on top. Anything anybody said at that point was ok; imo.

The dance on the field was immature and stupid but when countered with the laundry list of immature, stupid stuff chargers players did before that game and in previous years - its even steven.

Here's the difference:

LdT (sorry, BabyLT - Why are Charger fans so obsessed with us that they want to control our nicknames for players? Does what we call Tomlinson have any effect on his yards per carry? I guess the fans are like the team. Looking like you've been there is more important than actually getting there.)

Anyway, BabyLT has always had more failed runs than most RBs. (A successful run being defined as four yards gained, a first down or a TD).

But he always busted a couple long ones a game and brought his average WAY up that way.

Give him 2 50-yard runs in each of the three games. Add 300 yards to his total and look at his stats again. SUddenly he is his old self.

The difference this year is that some teams have figured out Rivers is a medicore QB. Most teams can take away the run if they want to keep 8 or 9 men in the box. They don't usually do this because then a decent QB will gash them.

Rivers is like Kordell Stewart. All hype, lots of completions when it doesn't matter, no clutch passing. As soon as teams focused on stopping Bettis, the Steelers started losing because Kordell/Maddox couldn't make them pay for cheating against the run.

With the Chargers, you have three teams who decided to take BabyLT out of the game, and force Rivers to beat them. THree times it didn't happen.

Once teams find your weakness, they will keep at it until you start beating them. Remember 2002 and what happened after the Chiefs exposed our weak run D?

Until Rivers makes a couple teams pay for focusing on the run, the Chargers will struggle to be a .500 team, even with all that talent.

Until then BabyLT will struggle to make yards. He is supposed to be the team leader, but after the Packers game, he looked totally whipped and whiny. If he keeps whining like he did after the Green Bay game, the team will implode.

Fact is, Marty was the best coach the CHargers has since Corriell. Charger fans complain about Martyball, but now they are begging for its return. They are just too stupid to realize it. "Marty never opened up the playbook. All he did was run the ball." "Why is Norv not running the ball more?"

Exsqueeze me? when did they scream into the charger dressing room? As far as I know that DID NOT happen.

What happened was our guys were in the corridor on the way to THEIR OWN dressing room and some camera guy took video of them celebrating on the way in. then broadcast that fast enough that the chargers might have seen it in their dressing room.

sorry about that; but they are allowed to vent a little on the way into their own room. it was a tight game that Pats wern't expected to win. But they came out on top. Anything anybody said at that point was ok; imo.

The dance on the field was immature and stupid but when countered with the laundry list of immature, stupid stuff chargers players did before that game and in previous years - its even steven.

Know what??

I think this post is a-ok.

SpaceCrime:

your post has some actually knowledgeable stuff in it. But your statement that: "I guess the fans are like the team. Looking like you've been there is more important than actually getting there." is sofa kind we todd did.

Really. LT hasn't been there??!! Hasn't earned a nickname, which, by the way, is not a nickname, but his initials?? I guess you slept through the MVP, the TD record, and the fact that the other LT as well as every coach in the world says he's earned it? Man -- sorry, but that's just not very good.

Not good at all.

I heard that LdT has demanded a trade. Way to go...

I think there are obvious flaws in the Charger game. As a matter of fact they are similar to Patriot weaknesses of the past couple of years.

Godfrey retired due to injury like TJ; and Donnie Edwards was forced to walk in FA. The late round ILBs they had "trained" to take over have turned out to be Monty Beisels trying to replace Ted Johnson and Tedy Bruschi out with a stroke.

The Chargers outside receivers aren't as good as Caldwell and Gaffney. Their two starters and they remind me of Bethel Johnson and Doug Gabriel as the starters for the Patriots. They don't even have a single possession receiver. That is hardly the way to serve a new QB who has started for only a single year. Maybe in 4 -5 years PR could carry the Team, but not yet...

Finally, the Chargers secondary is pretty poor. They have spent lots of high draft picks to pick big CBs who can't play. Now they have a problem at Safety as well. Weddle may or may not be a good Safety, but meanwhile he is a raw rookie. Do you remember the infamous import from the Cards??

Over the past three season the Pats have had all these problems, the difference is that the Chargers are all happening this year, and many are self-inflicted.

Did I mention the discontinuity of new Coaches like the loss of RAC, Charlie Weis, and Eric Mangini.

Wow -- there's some heavy duty depression over there. See the thread:

And so it goes, another lost season in a lifetime of lost seasons.

Dang

Everlong: There's a difference between smack talk pre-game and during a game and smack talk after you've just beaten somebody. Especially in the playoffs. That's when sportsmanship kicks in -- for most teams.

I don't like it when our guys mess up on that one, either. (And you'll see plenty of posts on our board from fans telling the Bolts would just shut up and play). But I've never seen them, or any other team, cross the line like your guys did -- especially the part about screaming taunts into the Chargers dressing room after the game. Like I said -- BB said it was over the line, too.

Give me a friggin' break. They celebrated by mocking your team's BS celebration...get it. New England is the only team that does not get to celebrate a victory? If your team did not have these immature BS...IN GAME celebrations...guess what...there would be nothing to mock.

Classless and over the top is celebrating BEFORE you win.

First you win the game...then you get to celebrate. That's the natural order of things. Don't like being mocked? Leave the BS off the field.

Last year the Chargers thought they had it in the bag before the game and were shocked they couldn't win by being more talented on paper.

My friend said the Pats were classless for mocking the TO dance after they beat the Eagles. Same deal...no TO dance...IN GAME...nothing to mock.

Win the game first. Then pick your celebration.

You don't like eating crow....don't talk smack before a loss. Don't like seeing the other team celebrate...get off the field...you lost.

Ever played sports? Ever lost? Ever seen the other team celebrate? Hurts don't it? Guess what...they won. It's their right to celebrate. Hit the showers. Don't be a sore loser and hang around and cause trouble.

If you ever played sports you have seen that also. The losers hanging around trying to start shyte. Not ready to accept the outcome.

Really. LT hasn't been there??!!
Nope, the only superbowl he went to, he was sitting in the stands. He hasn't even won a single playoff game. "The Patriots should act like they've been there." How the hell would he know how people who have been there should act? HE"S NEVER BEEN THERE HIMSELF, and never will with his attitude of blaming others when he loses. When the Pats lose a playoff game, they get mad at themselves and work hard all off-season to get better. The Chargers say they were the best team, and sincerely believe all they have to do is show up to win. How's that working out for them?

I guess you slept through the MVP, the TD record, and blah blah blah
Yep, slept through it all. As I said, that's the difference between teh Chargers and their fans, and the Patriots and their fans. Chargers and their fans eat up individual accomplishments. The Patriots only goal is wining the SUperbowl. Pro bowls, MVP's, TD records, they all mean nothing to the Patriots if they don't win the superbowl. Obviously, winning the MVP is more important to LT and his fans than winning playoff games. I can live with that.

Hasn't earned a nickname,

every coach in the world says he's earned it? Man -- sorry, but that's just not very good.

Not good at all.
No, it isn't very good. But if he ever stops crying and complaining and whining, that Crybaby LT nickname will go away. But as long as he looks and acts the way he did in the Packer post-game interview (he looked like my younger sister did when someone wore the same prom dress she did - devasted), then the Crybaby nickname will stick.

But regardless of all that, why don't you just grow a pair (apologies if you are a girl) and stop caring what BabyLT's nickname is? Why do you piss and moan about what other people think? Are you that insecure that unless people say nice thinks about BabyLT you are going to burst into tears. Man up. You're on a Patriots board. What did you expect to find here? If you can't take it, go home, but wgatever you do, stop crying. You're getting the server all wet.

The above few posts are why you guys are known -- to everyone but yourselves -- as the worst fans in the NFL.

Grow a pair? Thanks, got em.

Captain Cliche:

Every play sports? Yep.

Ever coached? Yep.

Matter of fact, I bring baseball teams around the country and we win a WHOLE lot more than we lose.

And after we win, know what? I teach the team to respect their opponents.

Something I'm sure is a foreign concept to you. In fact, absolutely positive.

So back at you -- you ever play? Ever coach? Do you teach your players to be disrespectful after a win?

If so, please tell me what team, and what organization. If, of course, you "have a pair."

Puhhhhhh thetic

Last edited:
There has never been a more ironic statement than LT claiming the Patriots had no class for acting like Merriman.

wah wah wah, sniffle sniffle
You continue to prove the connection between the Chargers and their fans.

You lose games, lose arguments, and break down whining and crying.

The Chargers lost to the Patriots in the playoffs. They got totally skunked in what they called a "rematch" and are playing like crap. They are 1-2 and if the Bears had started teh season with anyone but Grossman, they'd be 0-3.

Can they admit it? No, they are confused about why they aren't winning. They still expect to win because on paper they have some great players.

Charger fans are no different. They have become the most obnoxious fans in the country. Other teams fans brag when their team is winning, Charger fans talk smack when they team plays like crap, bragging that LAST YEAR, BabyLT won the TD MVP or wahtever your silly award is called.

You and your pitiable brethren stalked this board from January to September, bragging about how you would pay us back, how you would trounce us, blah blah blah.

You lost. Then you lost to the Green Bay Packers!!!!!!!!!!

And still you talk smack.

Your team sucks. You should be ashamed. Go away. Go the the visitors forum where you belong.

The above few posts are why you guys are known -- to everyone but yourselves -- as the worst fans in the NFL.

Grow a pair? Thanks, got em.

Captain Cliche:

Every play sports? Yep.

Ever coached? Yep.

Matter of fact, I bring baseball teams around the country and we win a WHOLE lot more than we lose.

And after we win, know what? I teach the team to respect their opponents.

Something I'm sure is a foreign concept to you. In fact, absolutely positive.

So back at you -- you ever play? Ever coach? Do you teach your players to be disrespectful after a win?

If so, please tell me what team, and what organization. If, of course, you "have a pair."

Puhhhhhh thetic

No idea whats going on but this post is hilarious.

There has never been a more ironic statement than LT claiming the Patriots had no class for acting like Merriman.

LOL! So true. Tomlinsob's rationale is pretty twisted. I do have to say that I'm tired of seeing Seau's dumb antics whenever he makes a tackle behind the LOS. It's not much different than Lights Out. In fact I hate it more because he's a Pat and the only one that does these stupid things.

Last edited:

So those are the posts that did it! :eek:

Pardon me sir while I fart in your general direction.

Blah, blah, blah, attack, attack, attack.

I am truly curious: Are there any NE fans who believe that the following words and phrases have meaning?

1) "Sportsmanship"

2) "Playing by the rules"

3) "Cheating"

4) "Class"

5) "Intestinal fortitude" (aka admitting when you're in the wrong)?

No need for long winded "yeah, but you guys . . ", "yeah but we didn't . . . " or "yeah but everybody does" type answers. Just a simple question: do you people on this board even believe in the concepts? I am truly curious.

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blah, attack, attack, attack.

I am truly curious: Are there any NE fans who believe that the following words and phrases have meaning?

1) "Sportsmanship"

2) "Playing by the rules"

3) "Cheating"

4) "Class"

5) "Intestinal fortitude" (aka admitting when you're in the wrong)?

No need for long winded "yeah, but you guys . . ", "yeah but we didn't . . . " or "yeah but everybody does" type answers. Just a simple question: do you people on this board even believe in the concepts? I am truly curious.

Of course we do. I know exactly where your going with this and my only advice is to just dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back