PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
5452232333.gif

games over, moving on to the superbowl:rocker:

Even Suggs wasn't making excuses and called out Skip Bayless for trying to stir up **** with this scoreboard non-story. The Ravens didn't excute and failed from the entire FG unit squad up to the head coach.

On second and third downs—which the scoreboard said were first and second—Ravens threw unsuccessfully into the end zone.

What a crock of sh*t.

I just confirmed that the dial-a-down showed the correct down at all times.

It's just embarrassing and unprofessional to point the finger because you don't know what down it is.

A poorly coached special teams unit, playing poor situational football.

Added: To clarify, I'm referring to the official dial-a-down.

Last edited:
The scoreboard D&D isn't even official, the sideline markers are. Is it really that hard to know what the **** is going on in a football game that you're 'playing' in?

This is an interesting article. There may be something to it, but at the end of the day all NFL FG kickers should be able to make a 30 yarder.

Harbaugh probably didn't call time out because he didn't want to pull a "Garrett" and ice his own kicker.

Tough break, still should of made the kick. Plus there is absolutely no reason for the kicker to frantically run onto the field. Just call the timeout.

Billy Cundiff Rushed His Kick Because Of An Error On The Gillette Stadium Scoreboard

"Was the error on the Gillette Stadium board an honest mistake made by a confused Patriots employee? Or were there darker forces at work here—a little Belichickian Machiavellianism to confuse the opposition with a Super Bowl berth on the line?"

They have a 3-credit course on this subject at Bawl-So-Hard U.
It's called "Game Mis-Management And Repercussions", lecturer 52RealityCheck; meets N/A (Online course; please see ravens24x7.com for syllabus).

This goes back to what guys like Felger and Hector Longo have been saying all year, the Patriots are just so much better prepared and coached than the majority of other teams that even the very, very good teams like Baltimore can screw up basic situational football.

This goes back to what guys like Felger and Hector Longo have been saying all year, the Patriots are just so much better prepared and coached than the majority of other teams that even the very, very good teams like Baltimore can screw up basic situational football.

That's the harshest thing anyone has ever said about Felger on this board.

If the Ravens could be faked out by a scoreboard with the incorrect down and distance in the most critical moments of the AFC Championship game whether the error was intentional or not, they have no right to be even in the game nevermind complain about the error.

Please stop. This makes the most ridiculous conspiracies look ordinary.

Word on the street is, the Ravens also want the President's "real" birth certificate too. And as well, also. :confused:
But I say, how can you argue against a fine Irish name like our president's? ... O'Rourke, O'Malley, O'Jesus, O'Why, O'kayUWin, O'NotThisShiddigan.... O'bama!
:D

The scoreboard in the endzone facing Cundiff & the Ravens said "4th &1." I know because I thought it was only 3rd down, and I looked myself and was surprised to see it. They are full of it, unless he was looking at the scoreboard at the other end of the field. Why would he be doing that? And why wouldn't somebody call a time out to fix the confusion? I think more than icing the kicker they didn't want to give Brady another shot, however slim, of completing a Hail Mary or getting into FG range himself. We had all 3 timeouts and the worst that was going to happen to us is that they would tie the game and force overtime. They didn't want to leave any time on the clock. They iced their own kicker by not calling the TO. Too bad for them.

Just wait...if the Pats win we'll get "Goodell gave the Pats the game as appreciation for Kraft getting the CBA done."

I love me some good conspiracies.

BTW, Terrell Suggs said on ESPN that he doesn't think it was any dirty play. In fact, he fought with Bayless for over a minute that he felt Bayless was trying to get him to say the Pats were cheating he said he felt it was a mistake.

Well..its superbowl week with pats...some **** has to be stirred up..wait till next week ...:mad:

Let's be clear though no one on the Raven's team is complaining or using this as an excuse. This is purely a reporter driven conspiracy. Even when players on the Ravens say they were confused they say it honestly and not complaining. I imagine these things happen more often then we know just normally no one admits it. I could see it happening with so many players having meetings or discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes