PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An encouraging report on Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great story, great quotes.

McDonald took a good angle on this story and it's much better than the usual pap.

It is very rare that BB praises a player so openly, especially a young relatively unproven one. In BB's last interview of year, after the Colts loss, he talked about his team. He said some of his players he loves, and he respects them all. IMO BB loves Maroney. This bodes well for Lawrence' career, and is the reason I believe he will rush for 1500 yards in 2007, shocking the world. He will be great, and in time will become the greatest runner in franchise history and the owner of all NE's rushing records.

It is very rare that BB praises a player so openly, especially a young relatively unproven one. In BB's last interview of year, after the Colts loss, he talked about his team. He said some of his players he loves, and he respects them all. IMO BB loves Maroney. This bodes well for Lawrence' career, and is the reason I believe he will rush for 1500 yards in 2007, shocking the world. He will be great, and in time will become the greatest runner in franchise history and the owner of all NE's rushing records.

i agree that he's capable of 1500+ yards, as I'm sure many would agree on the messageboard, just as long as the shoulder holds together. That's a bigger question than whether or not he's capable of the yardage.

Don't run like Jim brown, run like Maroney.

So you're saying that you think LoMo is OK? Stop being so ambiguous.

I'm still worried that the bum shoulder will effect that stiff-arm of his...

That is encouraging, nice story, the team must have a lot of confidence in him to put so much on him as a second year running back recovering from off season surgery. BB seems to know when to minimize certain players accomplishments, while heaping praise on others..

A lot of high expectations... just a matter of seeing it on the field, regular season. I hope for the best from that shoulder.

That article also had some praise from Heath Evans for both Maroney and Faulk:

“To me, it’s always mental,” said Evans. “Every year, I’ve gotten more comfortable, and that’s why I have to hop on that with him. Athletically, we all know how gifted he is. But when you combine the mental approach, like if you put Kevin Faulk’s mind on Laurence Maroney, you would probably have the greatest running back of all time, but you can’t do that, and he has to learn by experience.

Odd visual, but I get his point. :agree:

A couple of months ago during a radio interview, Jonathan Kraft was asked about Maroney's shoulder. As expected he didn't get into the details of the injury, but did say emphatically "Our fans shouldn't worry about Laurence Maroney. He's going to be just fine."

I took this to mean that the surgery was successful and that his rehab was going well. This appears consistent to what we've observed thus far in pre-season, EG: the Pats not actively looking for a Maroney replacement.

Hopefully, Laurence will be healthy and have a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back