PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

an early ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
just relax thread...i know someone will eventually start it so i thought i will now..
my few thougts...
a)This loss is a *good* thing if we have to lose a game .Honestly, i felt if we had lost the first game, brady wouldve moved on earlier from his receivers rant ...Hopefully this wil provide some kick in the butt to brady to come out his funk- and i think the last 8-10 mins of the game he seemed more locked in..maybe it was the denver prevent defense but still..hopefully he gets back his exicted nature on the field
b)we have 13 more games and i expect the bye week to be an important week for us to fine tune our passing game and defense, we need to get to the by week without screwing up much and hopefully without injuries..they have a tough game against cincy and even miami at home will be tough...
c)Broncos deserve some credit...shanahan is no slouch and thats a good pass defense.
d)Pats always start slow and with a lot of questions...only after thanksgiving they begin to click..until then they are always scraping through...
e)missing branch is not the reason for the struggles..its missing both branch and givens is the bigger reason. i dont know if branch alone can make a difference in the team, the broncos wouldve put bailey on him today and that wouldve have been that...
f)The kicker will be fine...before comparing him to vinateri...people should compare him to vinateri as a rookie. BB and seely will get the technicall stuff cleared out...i dont blame the guy...Sh**t happens-brown muffed a punt,vinateri missed a FG and brady threw an INT against denver last yr in the playoffs.

Iam by no means giving the FO and team a pass, i think all share a blame for this stinker of a performance but , if anything this team always learns from its mistakes.Right now they need to improve with all the changing parts .People who are gone are gone.Brady is ironically the best example of change-, no one gave the pats a chance to make the playoffs in 2001 when bledsoe got hurt...good players need an opportunity and who knows , gabriel and jackson will be better..maybe its too optimistic but thats all one can do .
if we suck after 6-7 games then i would be really worried but for now...a loss IMHO is probably the thing these players need to focus esp the QB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back