PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

godef

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hereby, whole heartedly and without any excuses, apologize for when I have ever accused and discredited Peyton Manning and/or the Colts, implicity or explicitly, of running up the score. It was wrong, and I was being nothing more than a homer.

For your pennance go outside and throw 3 Hail Marys

Homerism Anonymous: An Epiphany

Hello. My name is godef and I am guilty of homerism.

I finally admitted as much to myself a week ago, and suddenly I feel a tremendous burden lifted from my shoulders.

You see, I once accused Peyton Manning of running up the score. I was so mad that he used to pile up the statistics and steal attention and credit from where it rightly belong, our own Tom Brady.

But this season, I got so confused. People began accussing the Patriots of running up the score!?! But how could that be?!? Only the Colts and the selfish Peyton Manning did things like that. No, the Patriots did not run up the score! But I would see the scores. 52-7. 56-10. What was going on? My whole world was turning upside down.

So finally I did it. I admitted I was a homer for the Pats. And I apologized (link) for ever accusing Peyton Manning and the hated Colts of running up the score.

And now I feel so free! I can now sit and relish the prospect of the Patriots destroying another opponent without feeling any guilt.

Go ahead Pats, destroy the Eagles. Crush those Jets. If it's 49-0 to start the 4th quarter, I want to see Tom Brady in there, Mossing the Jet secondary until they cry uncle.

Crush. Kill. Destroy. Danger Eric Mangini! Hey, doesn't he remind you of Will Robinson?

I implore all of you fans of the great and mighty Patriots to follow my lead, admit you were guilty, and free yourselves from those self imposed chains. I have done it, and I feel great!

Woooo-oooo!!! Go Pats! :rocker:

Last edited:
Re: Homerism Anonymous: An Epiphany

(sitting on metal chair, in a school multipurpose room, drinking cold coffee, in a circle)

"Hello, Godef".

(sitting on metal chair, in a school multipurpose room, drinking cold coffee, in a circle)

"Hello, Godef".

Thanks a lot. Thief.

I'm in denial and I like being there...........go pats

Godef, you are wrong. You apologized for nothing.

The Colts were gulity of running up the score - bastids that they are.

New England is just playing football, the offense goes out on the field to score and the defense is out there to stop opposing offense.

Shame on those Colts.....hooray for us!!

Godef, you are wrong. You apologized for nothing.

The Colts were gulity of running up the score - bastids that they are.

New England is just playing football, the offense goes out on the field to score and the defense is out there to stop opposing offense.

Shame on those Colts.....hooray for us!!
fgssand, take a de-e-e-eep breath, and repeat after me: "I am a homer."

"I am a homer."

"I AM a homer!"

;)

Hello. My name is godef and I am guilty of homerism.

I finally admitted as much to myself a week ago, and suddenly I feel a tremendous burden lifted from my shoulders.

You see, I once accused Peyton Manning of running up the score. I was so mad that he used to pile up the statistics and steal attention and credit from where it rightly belong, our own Tom Brady.

But this season, I got so confused. People began accussing the Patriots of running up the score!?! But how could that be?!? Only the Colts and the selfish Peyton Manning did things like that. No, the Patriots did not run up the score! But I would see the scores. 52-7. 56-10. What was going on? My whole world was turning upside down.

So finally I did it. I admitted I was a homer for the Pats. And I apologized (link) for ever accusing Peyton Manning and the hated Colts of running up the score.

And now I feel so free! I can now sit and relish the prospect of the Patriots destroying another opponent without feeling any guilt.

Go ahead Pats, destroy the Eagles. Crush those Jets. If it's 49-0 to start the 4th quarter, I want to see Tom Brady in there, Mossing the Jet secondary until they cry uncle.

Crush. Kill. Destroy. Danger Eric Mangini! Hey, doesn't he remind you of Will Robinson?

I implore all of you fans of the great and mighty Patriots to follow my lead, admit you were guilty, and free yourselves from those self imposed chains. I have done it, and I feel great!

Woooo-oooo!!! Go Pats! :rocker:

Homer/Homerism is such a stupid term. When are people going to admit that fans of their favorite football team are SUPPOSED TO BE HOMERS?

Now maybe there are some people who are just fans of the game who truly are not homers, but wouldn't THESE people be the ones we should be making fun of. To me, that's like the guy who has no friends. Can you imagine NOT being a homer for a team? How the hell would you get excited about anything?

Homers rule and non-homers have not friends!;)

Homer/Homerism is such a stupid term. When are people going to admit that fans of their favorite football team are SUPPOSED TO BE HOMERS?

Now maybe there are some people who are just fans of the game who truly are not homers, but wouldn't THESE people be the ones we should be making fun of. To me, that's like the guy who has no friends. Can you imagine NOT being a homer for a team? How the hell would you get excited about anything?

Homers rule and non-homers have not friends!;)

Heath Evans is the GREATEST running back in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......ummmmm, sorry, dude, I just can't do it.

This is why I love this forum.....you guys crack me up...

It's irrational, illogical, and utterly superstitious to be a homer for any given team in the NFL.

Except the Patriots.

PFnV

Heath Evans is the GREATEST running back in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homerism is a good thing...but even a homer wouldn't agree with you on this one shmessy!:D Don't mock homerism when 99% of us Pats fans are in that group...as a matter of fact, I had you included in that 99%...NO?

P.S. Evens is probably in the top 10 greatest running backs ever!;)

Last edited:

Homerism is a good thing...but even a homer wouldn't agree with you on this one shmessy!:D Don't mock homerism when 99% of us Pats fans are in that group...as a matter of fact, I had you included in that 99%...NO?

P.S. Evens is probably in the top 10 greatest running backs ever!;)

Shhhhhhh!!!!! Don't tell anyone, but I'm a troll.

fgssand, take a de-e-e-eep breath, and repeat after me: "I am a homer."

"I am a homer."

"I AM a homer!"

;)

GUILTY as charged!! :bricks:

d'ho Oh wait wrong homer and we are not running up the score cause we will accualy take out players out late in the game (you know the start of the second half) where Manning was still in there late in the game we have all seen the directv commeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots