PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amusing commentary on Blount :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Amusing commentary on Blount :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gover-josh-gordon-and-late-season-spark-plugs

So...nobody needed this guy? Colts? Cardinals? Lions? None of you needed 78 bruising yards and two touchdowns for the price of a waiver claim? Blount is not easy to get along with, but you don't really have to get along with a power runner, folks. Just give him the football when you need tough yardage and suggest a hole for him to run through.

Sometimes, the New England Patriots seem like the only franchise that is just trying to gain the small, necessary advantages needed to win a series of football games, rather than establish a "Great Society" built on the neo-Lombardian philosophical vision of some career defensive coordinator.

Blount's a pain in the rear, but if your team chemistry cannot handle five weeks of broken tackles on a work-for-hire basis, your team chemistry probably is not ready to handle a lot of things.

Blount and Ndamukong Suh exchanged words after the Patriots' 34-9 win over the Lions. Lots of players stayed between them to make sure hostilities did not escalate beyond trash talk. But maybe Blount and Suh should fight. Maybe all of the repressed anger on earth would get absorbed by the conflict and released in a seismic blast of punches and jolly stomps.

After the shockwaves subside, free from our burden of pent-up rage, the human race can then abandon war and establish a Great Society, built upon the neo-Lombardian philosophical vision of some career defensive coordinator.

Since the departure of Mankins, I don't think there is any Patriot I would want to see fight Suh. Maybe Stork.

I think Ryan Allen should fight a boy named "Sue."

Browner is big, but he'd still be giving up 75 pounds at least

Since the departure of Mankins, I don't think there is any Patriot I would want to see fight Suh. Maybe Stork.
How about big Vince or Branch.

Big Vince. He's a big man with cat like reflexes. ;)

Browner is big, but he'd still be giving up 75 pounds at least
Not just a much bigger guy, but a violent, mean man with fast hands, fairly quick feet and great leverage. I like Browner's toughness, but Suh is a dangerous animal.

Big Vince. He's a big man with cat like reflexes. ;)
To quote a famous Vince quote that was in response to Ted Johnson..

"You're barking up the wrong tree, mother****er."

Blount would knock suhs azz out

I think BB's security guard (in grey) could handle Suh, but it would be ugly...for Suh.

i

Jones. If he loses the John "Bones" Jones politely why did you beat up my brother. :)

I think BB's security guard (in grey) could handle Suh, but it would be ugly...for Suh.

i
Mark Briggs. He was British Special Forces. Maybe not now as he is a bit older but I bet in his youth he'd take down Suh in about 6 seconds.

It's "rapier wit" and it refers to a fencing move that is quick and catlike or sharp wit, not the violent crime you cited.

I believe he may have been going for humor. That's a line from a movie (Dumb and Dumber - Lloyd Christmas: [while telling Harry what to tell Mary about himself] Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a rapist's wit.).

I believe he may have been going for humor. That's a line from a movie (Dumb and Dumber - Lloyd Christmas: [while telling Harry what to tell Mary about himself] Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a rapist's wit.).

Got it. I must have been reading too many Cosby stories lately and didn't think of that.....

Got it. I must have been reading too many Cosby stories lately and didn't think of that.....
I can see why that would be given the news of late.

And sadly, I have had to explain 'rapier' and the "salmon (swallows) of Capistrano" references from that movie to more than one person, specifically why the were intended to be funny.

Mark Briggs. He was British Special Forces. Maybe not now as he is a bit older but I bet in his youth he'd take down Suh in about 6 seconds.

Some of those old SOF types can still bring it, so I think I'd still give him the edge.

Just read an article about a 62(?) year old former Delta Force operator who can still ruck run for miles and put 18 year old athletes to shame.

I didn't know he was actually former military, but it doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes