PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amicus Cuirae Brief filed in support of Brady Re-hearing... by 21 physicists

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Found this to be interesting.. Not sure if it was in the other thread..

Physics Professors Amicus Brief

Best part of the brief:

Amici have obtained data on the field temperatures for over 10,000 outdoor NFL games dating back to 1960. If one assumes a 70 degree locker room and 13.0 psig balls and then applies the reported game temperatures, approximately 61% of the games would have featured footballs that descended below the permitted range

Last edited:
Found this to be interesting.. Not sure if it was in the other thread.
It's in the other one but sometimes it's best to have another thread for emphasis.

Here's the bottom line :

The group then looked at the temperature for 10,000 NFL games dating back to 1960 and determined that if footballs were inflated in a 70-degree room:

–Footballs inflated to 12.5 PSI before the game would have dropped below the NFL’s allowable limit in approximately 82 percent of every NFL game since 1960.

–Footballs inflated to 13.0 PSI before the game would have dropped below the NFL’s allowable limit in approximately 61 percent of every NFL game since 1960.

–Footballs inflated to 13.5 PSI before the game would have dropped below the NFL’s allowable limit in approximately 38 percent of every NFL game since 1960.

These people are American heroes!

Great to see that they're not all from schools in Boston.:

"The legal brief was filed on behalf of 21 professors from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; the University of California, Berkeley; University of Michigan; Stanford University; University of Southern California; University of Delaware; Purdue University; University of Pennsylvania; Boston College and the University of Minnesota."

Face it, Patsfans physicists, chemists & engineers beat them to the punch!

Too bad the case is about labor law not what did or did not happen. Bummer.

Yes, it's about Labor Law where a decision was made based on false assumptions.
I said it in the other thread and have pointed it out. An arbitrator is expected to follow certain rules. Goodell didn't follow them. By not doing so, his decision should be thrown out. Furthermore, it should never have gotten to this point because of the issues pointed out by this Amici Curiae brief..

Last edited:
Yeah, saw that article earlier. Great article, definitely worthy of its own thread. So many scientists from among the top universities all over the country standing up for science.

I imagine the appellate judges won't like the optics of 21 ivy league profs saying they got the simple science wrong, even though because of poor strategy that was never allowed to become the issue.

Yeah, saw that article earlier. Great article, definitely worthy of its own thread. So many scientists from among the top universities all over the country standing up for science.

scotty.jpg

"Roger, laddie, ye cannaugh change the laws of physics!" ;)

not really. if the court agrees to hear the case again then the tide is turning.

I thought everyone who posted the "The tide is turning" phrase was just being sarcastic. I suppose I could be wrong! *shrugs*

I thought everyone who posted the "The tide is turning" phrase was just being sarcastic. I suppose I could be wrong! *shrugs*
I know I said it sincerely at least once, and was also convinced it was "fappening" at one point.

you could be right. i didnt read thru the entire thread.

In my opinion, virtually everyone has their mind made up regarding Deflategate. That goes for fans, non fans, the media and everyone else. There's no one left to be convinced one way or the other and, correspondingly, no tide to be turned.

Unfortunately,none of it will matter.

How can you turn a Tsunami ? :eek:

As Patriot fans, we can pray that Olson's en banc appeal doesn't fall on deaf ears.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes