Welcome to PatsFans.com

Americans In Wonderland

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by The Gr8est, May 20, 2006.

1. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Regarding the terrorist thing, it is safe to say that they knew that their phone calls were being listened to already, hence why they were so obscure in their references to 9/11. They gave NOTHING away but knew that people might be listening to them. Treating them like people who aren't intelligent and technically savvy is absolutely the wrong way to catch them.
    I disagree with a lot of the other stuff he writes, but then I'm pro gay rights and anti religion of any kind. It's one of those "agree to disagree" things, as I'm not about to change anyone's mind on that.
  4. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The way we are securing the United States is a joke. Homeland Security being the punchline. Prior to 9/11 there were officials offering warnings to top level positions and those warnings and tips went unrecognized. Post 9/11, there were officials with scathing reports of incompetence and of problems with security, and those officials were told not to make their bosses look bad and were ultimately fired. A number of high ranking people (Tom Ridge) were more concerned with future employment after their short term political career, then safeguarding our country.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

It's sad that some people will buy the oversimplification in the story. It's nothing but propaganda. I could not find one point that was presented honestly, but then again the right has gotten away with lies for years, why would they stop now?