Welcome to PatsFans.com

American Terrorism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Mar 10, 2010.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What do we do now...invade ourselves? This is really bad and hopefully not a trend. Luckily, good police work gets this POS.

U.S.: Pennsylvania woman tried to recruit terrorists - CNN.com

Colleen LaRose, known as "Jihad Jane" and "Fatima LaRose," has also been charged with making false statements to a government official and attempted identity theft....

LaRose and five unindicted co-conspirators recruited men on the Internet "to wage violent jihad in South Asia and Europe, and recruited women on the Internet who had passports and the ability to travel to and around Europe in support of violent jihad," according to a Justice Department statement....

LaRose, along with the co-conspirators, believed that "her appearance and American citizenship would help her blend in while carrying out her plans, calling it a possible "way to achieve what is in my heart," according to the indictment.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 2 / -9

I was going to post this story but the loons on here would have twisted it all up and then started their Racism Sh!t with me.

They wanted to kill the old cartoonist that drew Mohammads Head on the body of a dog, I wonder what The Muslim World would have done if the cartoon showed Mohammad floating in a Bottle Of Pis$ like they did to Jesus in the New York Art Musem.......

Praise God
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Unfortunately I don't think she'll be the last. Maybe I'm paranoid but I've been kind of anticipating the other shoe to drop....that is a successful suicide bombing on our streets. It's been tried on planes without success but I think our luck will run out at some point. Once that genie is out of the bottle all bets are off.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 5 / -2

I don't think that's a matter of if, but when. An attack like you mention is inevitable. We've already had attacks on our soil (see Fort Hood), but not a bombing. That will eventually happen. I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't already. Maybe that's by accident, or maybe it's a result of our security measures at work. Who knows.
  5. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Think of it this way, anything we do, you an expect the enemy to do the same...

So knowing that, we turn citizens of other countries to plot and plan against their governments. I have no doubt that other countries do that here as well.

Money is a powerful motivator, especially at a time where it feels our government doesn't care about the individual citizen compared to the whole society.

One of the most powerful defenses during the cold war was that in this country, the individual matters, we pride ourselves in being independant and proud of what we as a country of indivuduals can accomplish. It's hard to turn hard working individuals into assets.

However, the more "group think" we become, the more inidividuals will not have a problem being turned. This is why Russia was full of assets for the CIA during the cold war.

I'm not saying I condone these actions, but it's not a surprise... Our country has been turning other citizens against their government as long as I can remember, I fully expect the deeop pockets of the oil region to be doing the same here.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If we all just stay afraid, and paranoid, we should be able to give up a few more rights....

Then we have the terrorists right where we want them.

On the real...the "War on _____" is frickin dumb. Nobody is invading us, nobody will ever be able to break our spirit as a united country. These people were seriously attempting to kill a CARTOONIST?

a cartoonist.....
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It's just semantics. The fact is it took detective work to uncover this which just may have saved lives abroad on a large scale if she had her way. The cartoonist's murder would have been another rallying cry and excuse to justify more terror.....another lesson infidels must learn. Anyway it takes an organized effort to uncover these things that save lives. If "war" is politically too incorrect then what term would be appropriate?
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

'Police Work' maybe?

Its not like an invasion stopped this plot, ya know?