Welcome to PatsFans.com

American Jobs, Right Now

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Michele Bachmann has unveiled an 11 point plan that will create jobs.

Bachmann Introduces “American Jobs, Right Now” Blueprint for Economic Prosperity and Job Creation | Michele Bachmann for President | MicheleBachmann.com

Thoughts? I will add mine shortly.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +541 / 6 / -2

Who's Michelle Bachman? :)

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 8 / -13

Well she won't be nominated but it sounds pretty good compared to what we have been doing.

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wish she was in some kind of a position where she could draw up bills and loby other representatives to create laws.

seriously, michelle?

WTF is our congress doing....Oh yeah...they are FUNDRAISING. I get it.

5. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Michele has been drawing up bills. Did you miss the "Heartbeat Informed Consent Act" that she proposed last week?

Michele Bachmann Proposes Mandatory Ultrasounds For Women Seeking Abortions

6. Gainzo

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Here are my thoughts on the 11 point plan.

REPATRIATION: It didn't work in 2005 and it wont work again. It's like a get out of jail free card for Corporations. They can put all their cash overseas then move it back to the USA, tax-free, then buy back stocks or issue dividends.

CUT SPENDING AND GOVERNMENT:
    Get rid of Freddie and Fannie, cut government wages, and layoff government workers? That will help the economy :rolleyes: How about cleaning up the waste in government instead of laying people off?

REPEAL OBAMACARE:
    Michele really hates healthcare for all Americans. "Obamacare" is not taking over heath care. How will she reduce the cost of health care for those of us that can afford it?

CUT TAXES:
    Where will the revenue come from? Who benefits from these tax cuts?

REPEAL THE JOBS AND HOUSING DESTRUCTION ACT, ALSO KNOWN AS DODD-FRANK:
    The Banks were awesome when they ran amock :rolleyes: Lets do that again!

LEGALIZE AMERICAN ENERGY PRODUCTION AND AMERICA’S NATURAL RESOURCES: Drill, drill, drill. Yellowstone, Yosemite and every other National Park could use thousands of oil rigs and fracking.

REPEAL JOB KILLING REGULATIONS:
    We don't need regulations as Corporations will be upstanding citizens with no oversight. History has proven that :rolleyes:

INCREASE EXPORTS:
    I agree. Not sure what she is talking about with the Obama "holding hostage" comment.

UNLEASH AMERICAN INVESTMENT: Redundant.

PAVE A PATHWAY FOR INNOVATION: She mentions we are 47th in Education but doesn't mention how to improve that.

ENFORCE AMERICAN IMMIGRATION LAWS: The Obama administration has deported more illegals in 3 years than the Bush administration ever did. WTF is she talking about? I wonder if she wants to punish the people that employ illegals?

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 8 / -13

The money would be reinvested in the US instead of overseas. This is bad because?

Freddy and Frannie has cost the taxpayers hundred of billions of dollars, good to get rid of it. Spending has skyrocketed over the past few years (even more than under Bush) scale government back to what it should be doing not all the nonsense it is involved with now here is a starting point for stuff to get rid of.
    Take A Chainsaw To The Budget - Stossel's Take Blog - Fox Business

Obamacare will cost more than the current system. It will reduce the quality of healthcare here.

You are confusing tax rates and tax revenues as libs frequently do.

Revenue is ultimately contingent on the size of the economy less economic growth = less revenue, the economy with 16% unemployment isn't growing so revenues aren't growing.

Well if Dodd Frank did what you imagine it is doing you might have a point however it does a lot of destructive things too many to get into here.

How many jobs would be created if we used our own resources? Millions?

How much money is added to our trade deficit importing energy, how does the higher cost of energy impact our economy food cost ect? Worried about the poor? High energy cost are very regressive.

Some regulations are useful many more are not. You seem to have a childlike faith that everything bureaucrats is either good or necessary, some people believe in Santa Claus.....

If you make ist costly to do business here you don't produce products to be exported, that is what we have been doing (before Obama BTW however he is making the situation worse).

Get rid of the Fed Education dept and create competition for the union run public schools, let the successful survive.

[B]ENFORCE AMERICAN IMMIGRATION LA...e people that [I]employ[/I] illegals?[/QUOTE]

He also stopped work on the fence on the border and fought laws by border states to deport illegal aliens that a busting state budgets.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011