Welcome to PatsFans.com

American gangsterism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pats726, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

http://villagevoice.com/news/0626,hentoff,73639,6.html

These tactics do NOT go over very big in Europe..and rendering the wrong person as has been done is basically criminal...and there are some that will have to pay for it.
    How much Europe resists what the CIA wishes to do will be interesting...as is how much they will shed light on it. They could bury it all...sweep it under the rug, but W really doesn't have control here..and I fear there is much more embarrassing material that will come to light.
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

So you are in Europe, if so that explains a lot.
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

And exactly what did you add to the topic?

Neither Pats726 or that fat bastard on your video have said anything. Al they have suggested is that they have a give up mentality just like you.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I was in Europe in the 60's they didn't like us then( Viet Nam), in the 80's they hated Reagan for being a 'cowboy' thaought he was naive and so forth, of course he was right and the oh so sophisticated Euro were wrong, and so it goes.

I would point out that European birth rates are plummeting, demographicaly traditional Europe is dying. It looks as if there will be a muslim majority in the next 50 years.
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Actually the non-white population is growing larger...so race will be a big issue...but again..points are missed and ot responded to...which says more than anything...
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The point I will address is: US foreign policy should be directed at protecting the US not at making Europeans (who are trying to appease their restless Muslim minorities) approve of us.

In short I DON"T CARE WHAT THE EURO's think.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Could you explain to me the penchant for making fun of a person's body size in many right wing arguments?? I used to listen to Rush once and a while and could never understand how that draft dodger could say things like "baby fat Landreaux" or talk about Clinton's eating habits. I suspect it is an effort to change the topic or direction of this discourse.

This is a serious question, why the tendency to belittle a person because of their body size??
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

HMMM... Well if you want to review comments made about Coulter's looks and about Limbaugh over the years, that knife cuts both ways. The left is as nasty as the right in that sense.
  9. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Basically..you don't Care what the world thinks....and that is fine..I think that says it all...
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

By Jove you've got it!

The job of American foreign policy is to advance US interest not curry favor with 'the world' whihc is a mismash of interest that sometimes coincides and sometimes conflict with ours ( depending on time and issue).
  11. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Patsfan 13, you DO care what Europe thinks. Not because the Europeans deserve to be treated with kid gloves, but because it is in OUR self-interest to have good relations with their governments and to have their people like us, even admire us.

The plain fact is, we sometimes need Europe's support, even help. And, given the demographic shifts mentioned above, it's clear that we can't take that support for granted any more.

Actually, it doesn't take a great deal from us to treat Europe the way it would like to be treated. All we have to do is listen with respect and not go out of our way--as Rumsfeld did--to pour scorn on them. Bush's way of saying "some people disagree" is a good model. I wish it had been in effect in the run-up to the Iraq invasion.

It just seems to me that so long as the price is not too high, it's always better to make friends than to create enemies. And being polite and respectful is not too high a price, even if they don't deserve it.

I'm not saying that we should radically change our policies to get European disapproval. I'm just saying that we should act and sound like friends if at all possible. And who knows--what they're saying might have a little bit of validity. If we don't listen, we won't know.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

If it is in the best interest of the Europeans to support US they willif not they will throw us under the bus. The Europeans are nearly as ideal;istic as Americans.
  13. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It isn't about being idealistic. It's about being smart.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I agree we just have differing opinioons of what is smart in this situation.;)