Welcome to PatsFans.com

America Under Attack By Scum And Vermin

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Poor Bastards Trying To Keep Their Homes, think about them when you see President Jug Ears and Your Congress on TV "GRINNING" AND SPEWING THEIR BULLSH!T

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Some homeowners who sign up for the government's mortgage assistance program are getting a nasty surprise: Lower credit scores.

For borrowers who are making their payments on time but are on the verge of default, the Obama administration's loan modification program can reduce their credit score as much as 100 points. That makes it harder to get a loan and can present a problem when applying for a new job.

Housing counselors say it's unfair, especially because the news often comes as a surprise to homeowners.

"Why should people's credit be hurt even worse when they're trying to do the right thing?" said Eileen Anderson, senior vice president at Community Development Corp. of Long Island, a housing counseling group in New York.
    Credit scores can drop after getting loan help - Yahoo! Finance

2. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 8 / -8

You have no clue on these issues, do you Harry?

By the way, has it occurred to you that if someone you do like shows his teeth, he can also be characterized as "GRINNING", which you seem to believe is an act of evil intent, even though you personally would believe he or she is just smiling, without scare quotes or caps?

How is this supposed to buttress your position, if indeed you have one?

Why are you wasting your remaining time on this wonderful planet screaming that someone grinned?

PFnV

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Sometimes I wonder if Harry has teeth since he's so obsessed with anyone else actually having the confidence to show their's.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Watch Them When They Are Standing Behind Auntie Pelosi.......:D

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Eat your breakfast Trigg or your gonna get it.:singing:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +372 / 11 / -28

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Time Waits For No Man
    It Passes You By
    It Goes On Forever
    Like A Cloud In The Sky

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

You Go Girl
    You Drive Them Nuts

12. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

So now you want big government? The government should bail these people out, and there should be no responsibility for their actions?

You sound like one of those librul types...

14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Try commenting on the subject matter and refrain from attacking the poster. I realize it's a novel idea, but it works pretty well.

Why should someone's credit score be harmed by getting help with their loan when they got sucked in by lies mortgage co's told them? What kind of help it that if they've never been late on their payments?

And yes, I do in fact "know what I'm talking about".

Presidents can smile, sure. But they certainly should never yell something as childish as "Fired up....Fired up!":rolleyes:

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Hey rocket scientist....Harry didn't say he supported the program. He just criticized an Obama program that hurts responsible homeowners.

If this program lowered the principle on a mortgage or rewarded low-income earners who never deserved to purchase a home in the first place, that would certainly be different. Or maybe if it offered help to illegal aliens...THEN Harry would certainly be against it...y'know what I'm saying?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO You crack me up, PR. Just one thread up you admonish someone else to:

And not two minutes later you come up with:

Ya know what I'm sayin??? Or does it need to be spelled out further for you?

It's spelled like this:

H Y P O C R I T E

17. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +566 / 8 / -8

1) Did you notice that you responded to my post, which is specifically addressed to HARRY, and then proceeded to tell me how you -- as distinct from Harry -- know what you're talking about (a doubtful proposition at best but one we can address separately)?

2) You are evidently of the belief that the practice of accepting loan restructuring should not be accompanied by a hit to one's credit score, ever. Is this your position? And in a side note, is this in fact what the Original Poster meant by "scum and vermin"? Or is this an attempt to hijack his admittedly ill-conceived thread?

PFnV

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I think the point you are missing is that this program was designed to help home owners who are under-water. MY POINT is that if this administration and this congress is going to implement a program while accusing banks and mortgage agencies of being misleading (like they certainly did), why implement a program that is just like credit card debt re-structing? If they believe these homeowners were duped, why not implement a program for those who have been responsible that not only helps them with re-structuring, but doesn't hurt their credit scores?

Why not make it easy for these families in case they need to sell thier homes and down-size to a smaller one? Lower credit scrores could prevent this from being possible.

Are you "Fired up!...Fired up!" PFiVA?:D

19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +566 / 8 / -8

Evidently there's been some recycling of that "Fired Up/Ready to go" thing from the campaign? Whatever.

Anyway: examine whether you believe that loan restructuring should be without any credit score consequences, and bear in mind that you need a whole 'nother law to make the credit rating agencies omit this assistance from a credit report.

Are you in favor of congress passing such a law, and the administration pushing such a law?

Would this be a selective law, only applicable to the administration's homeowner assistance programs?

There have been programs for a long time to get forgiveness on your credit card debt. Unfortunately, it also fu(ked your credit: if you do the restructuring it's technically a form of bankruptcy, as I once had it explained to me some years ago. And I had it explained with the phrase "what they don't tell you is..."

So, I never did the old "one low payment for all your personal debt," because there were consequences.

Would you leave that form of debt alone? Or would you extend the consequence free law to all that sort of personal debt??

I can see the point behind the idea of making the bad-loan relief consequence free. It would actually make the program much, much more popular.

I am certain it is worth considering unintended consequences as well, however. Beyond that, it would necessitate dictating the behavior of the likes of Experian and Transunion, by law.... and that law would dictate that said rating agencies do the opposite of what we demand they do in every other case, which is make certain that credit ratings accurately reflect credit risk.

So, since the administration does not introduce such legislation, you seem concerned that it did not do so.

Ask yourself this: If the administration DID introduce such legislation, would you really be FOR it?

REALLY?

PFnV

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Funny, you criticize another poster for name calling and then you come up with "hey rocket scientist"... Also funny that you start with that and then apparently don't know when to use the word "principal."

but I agree with you with namecalling and content, so maybe we should stick to the latter. For starters, if Harry doesn't support this kind of a program, i'm sure he'll say so. I took his criticism of aspects of it to mean that he otherwise supports the program; maybe that assumption is wrong.

Second, why are you assuming these are "responsible" homeowners who were "sucked in by lies"? How do you know they weren't negligent in their dye diligence on their loans? Or that they weren't simply trying to live beyond their means? There was plenty of bad behavior to go around in building this debacle.