Welcome to PatsFans.com

America Past - Present - Future and The Same.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 25, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +588 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I have often said that we are what we are. No more of less different than we have been in the past. We argue that we fight for freedom when in fact, all we do now and have ever done is fight to protect the leader we like or to hinder the leader we despise. To protect $$$ and energy flow. We fight and we will keep on fighting because we have not learned any other way.

Why do Liberals believe the cycle will change when Bush is gone? It won't because America loves bully leaders...Americans will never settle for passive Presidents...it does not matter how right or wrong we are. Perhaps a Carter will slip in here and there, but it's only for a rest. We will put up with FLAWS, because we value tough. TOUGH protects sins of the past that could lead to our destruction. We could change but who would buy it???

Will we change? Unless average Joe U.S.A. citizen can successfully run for Congress/Senate/President I highly doubt it. Even if we could, there are tried and true methods of changing

So who is toughest Hillary? Rice? McCain? Gore? Romney? Giuliani?

Giuliani or McCain beat Hillary or Gore. Jeb Bush loses to everybody.

Why Giuliani or McCain...simply...they are tougher...John Wayne Politics 101.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Interesting thread, your final two do not seem as viable candidates as McCain is flip flopping all over the place and seems to be hated by Rush & crew. To speak at Liberty U. one week and at the New School the next sounds like pandering to me, especially after he was smeared all over the place by Falwell previously. Guiliani seems to have too much baggage for the conservative faction of the republican party..i.e. a messy divorce.

There is an abyss of leadership in this country, I do not foresee any one person who inspires me right now...Boring Gore is gaining momentum, but he does nothing for me except put me to sleep...Hillary, they say she can get the nomination, but once again she does nothing for me and this will be a very messy election...

It can be pinned as a liberal vs. conservative issue, but it seems much bigger than any of this as there is no one on the horizon who makes me want to vote for them, there is no one out there who I think can make any difference right now...I am sick of tired of voting for the lesser of two evils and want a real choice.
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Am I actually going to agree???? I really have to here.....Hilary?? She's actually sort of doing what you said McCain was...pandering..although she is with Rupert Murdoch and others..so, far from inspirational. Gore is doing better...but he slept walked in 00...I mean he just didn't at all have any guts..I couldn't vote for him..although it didn't mean anything...but?? Where are any inspirational leaders?? Any with integrity?? I've voted for ONE presidential winner in 10...not that I CARE about voting for winners..(I don't at all) but, I wonder how many vote as the lesser of 2 evils?? I bet that number is much greater thand anyone wishes to admit.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

There are a number of third party candidates. The problem all of these parties have is that the People have been convinced that there are only two choices. This ties well int the whole "Tough Guy" theory FBN laid out so well. The whole TG mentality is ,by nature, over-simplistic and emphasizes the black and white view of the world. No doubt, there are many situations in the world and in individual life where there are clear rights and wrongs, but this view doesn't work for all things, as the TG philosophy would have you believe. Certainly, it would be easy to refute the assertion that there should only be two choices for our political leaders, but that wouldn't work for the TG system.

The present two-party system is obviously not working, yet we continue to participate in it. Why? Because politicians in recent times are generally a lazy lot, with few exceptions. They are pamperred, very wealthy, eschew work of any kind unless it's for a photo-op. Americans see this an emulate it. They buy into the two-party system because it requires the least amount of work and thought. "Do I want red or blue? Conservative or liberal?" If there were multiple choices, there would be research, complex combinations of positions, and change involved.

In the end, the only way for the country to change is to make the hard choice and reject the notion that there are only two parties. Stop buying into the BS about how you're throwing away your vote if you pick a third party. Vote your conscience and stop settling for the garbage they feed us.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +588 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I agree...taken as a whole, these incidents have shaped our world. Then, we are given a choice of candidates to deal with future incidents such as these (hopefully not of course). Which of all these candidates makes me feel best to deal with "DOING THE RIGHT THING, MAKING THE RIGHT DECISIONS"? Rice possibly, McCain maybe...but as you say, there are a few 3rd party candidates who would make the best decisions. I say sadly, they don't stand a chance which means our democracy is poor at best.