Welcome to PatsFans.com

America losing more global prestige thanks to the ********* in chief

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The world is laughing at America, thanks to the crackhead in chief.

US drops to 5th place in global competitiveness - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

The announcement by the World Economic Forum was the latest bad news for the Obama administration, which has been struggling to boost the sinking U.S. economy and lower an unemployment rate of more than 9 percent.

Singapore moved up to second place, bumping Sweden down to third. Finland moved up to fourth place, from seventh last year. The U.S. was in fourth place last year, after falling from No. 1 in 2008.
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

The sooner folks like yourself wake up and realize that presidential policy never has been and never will be a panacea for economic ills the better. What do you expect Obama to do in two years, wave a magic wand and declare all is well?
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

Any evidence of declining global attitudes toward America?

Of course not...
  4. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

He knows that.

In fact, once a Republican is again in office, he'll be saying the same thing.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then gee maybe he shouldn't have made that the very central tenet of his campaign platform.
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I give him credit for holding out hope that Congress will come to its senses.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

And what would that consist of ?

Spending more money we don't have ?
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

Perhaps being more proactive and less reactive, counting the attitude of whatever Reid, Pelosi or Obama suggest is automatically bad is really poor form.

To be completely contentious, for the sake of being contentious is very bad for this country on all levels.

On the world stage we look like a cage fight.. i.e. a bunch of complete idiots.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 2 / -9

Of course we do, the American people ran to the polls like a bunch of fawning slobbering teenagers to elect this guy simply because he talked pretty aand he looked like their biggest "wet dream" come true, we look like idiots because we are idiots.

An American news person saying "when I hear his voice my legs tingle" (Matthews)

Another prominent news person "I had a dream that I showered with him" (Maureen Dowd)

If that sh!t isn't Idiotic I don't know what is.

Racism elected this guy and it was a very cruel thing to do to him, Geraldine Ferarro was the only public person to admit this and it ruined her.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Well everything Reid Pelosi and Obama are suggested was done in the first 2 years of Obama's term and made the situation worse.

BTW Reid hasn't brought up a budget for the past 2 years and still no budget for the 2012 FY has even been introduced, Obama hasn't put anything from his speech to be evaluated by the CBO.

The pubs are understandable bored with the dems playing politics and avoiding doing their job.

Wake me up if Obama presents specifics that can be scored by CBO or Reid actually produces a budget instead of a continuing resolution with more than 2 weeks to go before the FY is set to start.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

What I said was that the Republican Party automatically reacts to anything that they bring up as bad, whether it has merit or not. That is not a good way to proceed and diminishes our standing on the world stage. The whole process has gotten only more and more contentious, and nothing is gettnig done.

You have not been paying attention if you believe that the dems are the only ones playing politics.. it is great political theater...
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

Surprise surprise, the pubbies & their rump swabs here & on faux news are busy talking about how it's too expensive to have a jobs program.
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

George Bush was the pedophile in chief... no basis in fact, but considering the mods allow perpetual partisan trolling (see Wolfenstein), there you have it.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bush also ate puppies.

Cute puppies- like this:

[​IMG]
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

Pubbies march in lockstep to effectuate America's first credit downgrade cuz just welching on debts is considered a legit policy option on the right... And Obama is losing us prestige?

When he gains prestige for us, the clown caucus says horsecrap like "he cares more about the UN than his own people"

Puh lease.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

Apparently President Downgrade has presided over America being more disliked around the world.:

Andrew Sullivan's Atlantic Error - Ken Blackwell - Townhall Conservative

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +277 / 10 / -26

"Townhall Conservative" only proves my point... anything Obama does is automatically bad, and there is some poll somewhere on a conservative website that proves it beyond any doubt.

Would you suspect that Town Hall Conservative would present both sides or pehaps something unbiased???

No one, absolutely no one caused us to loose more credibility on the world stage than did George Bush whose lies led to many unneccessary deaths... and the destruction of a nation that we had to rebuild.

When this was presented under the previous regime, it was dismissed as no one cared then how we were viewed on the world stage.... we were going to do what we were going to do, and sort is out later.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +162 / 7 / -13

The polls cited are from PEW decidedly not conservative, what did you expect president downgrade's failures to be noted in media matters?
  19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +447 / 6 / -9

Obama 1, Osama 0

Guess that's one guy who "misunderestimated" this president.

Oh yeah by the way:

Obama: Can travel to Europe, gets Nobel prize
    Bush: Can travel to Europe, but only as fugitive in some countries.

"president downgrade" is just digging hysterical. The Righties own that downgrade, and they know it. Hell, they're still bucking for a worse one. I think I saw the pubbie base at the breakfast buffet today. Some of em were eating 1/2 price b/c of the senior discount. Some of em were eating 1/2 price cuz they're kids... And the rest were complaining about how other peoples kids and grandmas ate too many free scrambled eggs.

Me, I just wanted bloody maries on the all u can eat menu
  20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3