Welcome to PatsFans.com

America and Democracy 1, Liberalism 0

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So a guy gets elected governor of one of our 50 states. And then his hateful, intolerant political opponents demand a recall. And why did they demand this recall? Did he break some law? Was he accused of a crime? Did he break his campaign promises? No, he did exactly what he said he would do and the majority of Wisconsin residents supported him.

So now the left's pathetic effort to usurp democracy has been thwarted. Needless to say, they're acting like the sore losers they are. They despise democracy and they despise the concept of fair elections, as these past few months in Wisconsin have clearly demonstrated.

Don't be fooled by the left wing spin: This is a tremendous victory for our country and those who love democracy, an even larger defeat for the left and their union thugs, and is making the Obama reelection campaign scared ****less. :singing: :singing: :singing:
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

In my view it's a tremendous victory for the type of white, straight, Christian, male who laments the loss of so many of his special privileges to women and minorities.

Pop the champagne, Wolfpack!
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patters, being a sore loser is so unbecoming. :rofl: :rofl:

You are invited to share in this victory for America and this victory for democracy. There's no reason to be so sour. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Yes, I know that's how you think you see it.
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Come on, wolfie, the recall process is part of democracy in Wisconsin -- just like the recall process is part of democracy in CA.

By your logic, everything you attributed to the left here applied to the right when Gray Davis was recalled. (btw, I voted in favor of that recall)
  6. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

To all teh Libs:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But at least in that case we have an example of extreme and gross mismanagement on the part of the state's leadership. People can handle taxes, deficits, regulations, etc, but when can't turn the lights on reliably for extended periods of time, heads are going to roll - and deservedly so.
  8. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

#87 Jersey

Yahoooo!!!

Absolutley. Now you leftover dumbacrats get the picture on how your being misled by the left wing media?
    They fooled you again didn't they?
    This recall wasn't even close and it was a figment of their imagination.Fxckin dillusional.
    Unions look like complete ass holes.Wasting everyones money on a recall because their whiny losers.
    Funny how republicans have to win an election twice and make sure they win by at least 5% because of the fraud factor because of a handful of parasites and thieves.
    Funny how the union lost half their membership we people weren't forced to pay dues.
    This was the canary in the coal mine for democrats and don't think it wasn't. A blue state losing twice to a budget cutting tea party republican.:rocker::rocker::rocker:
    Welcome to America, Marxist!!
  9. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.

Read more at Politics Quotes Page 7 - BrainyQuote
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with this statement. The democrats are the party of empty promises, making completely untenable guarantees to anyone and everyone about what the government can do.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Like I said in the other Walker thread ... you just knew someone wanted the glory of being the OP on this one.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nothin' wrong with posting a "results thread" regarding an election that was such a big win for America! :rocker: :rocker:
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

You'll be deflecting darts tomorrow ... :singing:

On a serious note ... cities and towns need to restructure from years of bad deals, bloated pensions and all the rest so things will be interesting.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Enough people here were unhappy enough with Davis to force the recall vote, just as enough people in WI were dissatisfied with Walker to force the election. It's all democracy.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Wisconsin has traditionally been a very liberal state. Trying to bring race into this is pretty lame.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Well the other thread was about Walker supposed legal troubles, this thread is about today's election, different topic.

Should we have 1 thread pertaining to Obama over the past 4 years?
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

The motivation of the right and the margin of victory is race-based in my opinion; then, there are those Republicans who aren't racist, but don't really consider human rights an important political issue because they are not directly affected by the matter.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

What this proves is the Democracy still rules, the people have spoken.

What is also shows is that if your outraise your opponent 8 to 1(30.9 million to 3.5 million) and 2/3 of that money comes from out of state pacs and corporatists you will win any election.

The Koch Brothers and their Million Dollar Donor Club were major players in this election, money talks..
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The mods seem to be playing in this thread, and ignoring the rules as set by Ian... the rational is that this is important, trumps the rules of the forum.. the inmates running the asylum.

20. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

#87 Jersey

LMFAO...I was watching MSLSD last night to watch Butch Maddow and the rest of the twirps whine and cry (with glee) about the outside money going into Wisc. ...(tough shiit). Look at all the money the unions cost the taxpayers with the protest, riots, recalls, democrats fleeing their post,disruptions in the schools.The unions got it stuck up their ass and left looking like the idiots they are.

The tipping point for the public unions downfall was last night they over reached AGAIN and cut off their own balls like they always do.,,and I could not be happier.

Walker wins by a bigger margin then he did last time.

THIS WHAT DEMOCRACY SOUNDS LIKE!
  21. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

So where is the race motivation in this election?

What human rights are at stake here?

It seems that people are no longer being coerced to join and contribute to unions based on the number of people who have left the union this year, almost half their members.

Seem the human rights of the people who were coerced into belonging to a union have been restored.... ;)
  22. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

One thread is about Walker having a defense fund due to an investigation this thread is about Walker smashing a year of Union thuggery in Wi. Very different topics.

You are just upset cuase your union guys lost big and people are leaving the unions in droves.

Spin away.
  23. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I've seen on free republic and other right wing sites the deep concern about declining birth rates.

Examples of the "concern" about minorities coming from the overwhelmingly white right include: Susan Faludi's highly documented book about the the backlash against women in her book by the same title, the constant portrayal by many righties to suggest a relationship between skin color and terrible crimes, the laws specifically designed to deny gays equality under the law (marriage, protection against bullying, job and housing discrimination, federal tax law, etc.), the laws designed to single out Hispanics, the attacks on even the mildest affirmative action programs, the attempts to "protect" voting with laws that seem to disproportionately affect minorities, the attacks on black theology (while the silence on ministers who have recently called for killing or incarceration), the dozens of apologies that the right wing has had to issue when called out for racist language, the absurd passing of anti-Sharia laws, and so on.

As I said, a large part of the Republican Party does support Walker for other reasons, just as a large part of the German and Russian populations supported Nazi-ism for reasons other than race. People like you, in my opinion, are not racist, but certainly you'll vote to crush unions before you vote to protect the rights of gays.
  24. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Of course none of this has anything to do with the WI recall election.
  25. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Congratulations to the Walker supporters.....

Do I wish it would have been different?

Sure.

Am I content with it?

Yep.....people got their voices heard and they got to vote and that's what being "America" is all about.

Some of us win - but none of us really lose.
  26. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Liberals try to bring Race intio everything especially when things aren't going well for them, watch how they will use it when the election starts to heat up, November is coming up fast.

Don't let the Loons fool you, the Old Time Working Mans Democrat is long gone, they're main concerns now is "Socilaism" and "Dictating" they want Big Government telling you how you should live every aspect of your life from making your dog wear a seat belt to telling you what to eat, Race is one of their biggest weapons they are constantly on the lookout for an excuse to use it.

I have been a Union Man all my life (teamsters) and believe me The Democrats aren't what they used to be and neither are The Teamsters.

What we just saw with Walker was "America Working As It Should" THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN.

A GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOLE AND BY THE PEOPLE.

WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO RUN THE COUNTRY, ONCE IN AWHILE IT WORKS.
    GOD WILLING
  27. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Very gracious post.
  28. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

Thank you.....very gracious reply. :)

All kidding aside, at the end of the day, regardless of personal beliefs, I think we're all content, proud and happy to be citizens of a nation which allows us to disagree (sometimes loudly) and to hold differing ideals and ideas. Our passions are allowed to be expressed passionately, our religions are allowed to be practiced freely and our speeches are allowed to be spoken.

What more can you ask for?
  29. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I tried to say it as eloquently as you, you did a great job explaining how America works.
    I used to be told by my wife that my Red Hair (white now) interfered with my rational way of thinking, I used to have a very short fuse.
    Did you say once that you to are a "Red Head"

Again, good post.

Yours Truly
    --- ----- alias Harry Boy
  30. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The Mrs nailed it, IMO. The ones on the far right here I guess can jump for joy if Walker's (and friends) victory is enough for them. The thread title is just infantile and stinks of un-Americanism and devisive bulls#!t. Not necessary to say that liberals aren't real Americans. Ridiculous.

The race baiting and excuse-making by the left here is sickening. This was not race-based, IMO. To make it about race is lazy, weak and ignores the real problem. It was a battle of the ultra rich vs. the sedated middle class and poor who just didn't care enough to overcome the power of money. It like how environmentalists have latched on to this battle cry of "Global Warming" and lose sight of the real threat which is toxic pollution. Typical American complacency. As long as everyone has a flat screen and an iPad everyone's happy. This could happen anywhere in the country because campaign financeing has destroyed what was left of democracy in America. We deserve it.

The result is not a shock to me. I remember seeing the guy he was running against and saying to my wife, "This guy is toast". She replied "Not a prayer".