PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Amendola is here, the Welker connection it is all water under the bridge, 2013 is as well, I am talking about 2014, and this season Amendola has been targeted 6 times has 3 catches for 16 yards and 0 touchdowns. All last season I debated Amendola with you and many others, 99.9% of you said that you would not continue to defend Amendola if he underperformed this season, 2 weeks into the season he has played worse than last year and still excuses are being made, posters are justifying his performance. For me it is about my having to take the abuse and jihad accusations all last season with the commitment that posters would acknowledge they were wrong if Amendola was not better this year. Well nobody is doing that, in fact they are all just doing the same thing they did last year. This is not even about Amendola as much as it is about posters doing what they said they were going to do and not trying to sing the same song 2 seasons in a row because they cannot just admit they were wrong.

I said the truth about Amendola performance and got **** for it, so now I am going to make sure that posters acknowledge that they should not have taken issue with the things I said because they were accurate, and that is what this is all about, accountability, for Amendola and for the posters who defended him, took personal jabs at me, and lobbed baseless accusations all in an attempt to defend a player who they claimed would be significantly better in 2014.

The problem is that you're immediately ready to discuss it after the first game, and then again after the second game. I think it's pretty early to even discuss it. There hasn't been anyone who has stood out, not even Rob Gronkowski. NONE of the receiving targets have done anything aside of Edelman.

To take it one step further, Amendola has had 2 games in a row where he's made a big time play of 30+ yards, and had it come back due to someone else having a penalty. Obviously, he has the capacity to make some plays.

Either way, Belichick obviously feels that having him out there gives our team the best chance to win at the moment.

Its not entirely Amendola's fault today. The pats had 6 OL playing for most of the game, with a lot of 2 wr sets, which the D was able to cover trivially. If they had Gronk playing at his A level instead of Fleming, and a few 3 wr sets with KT, things would have probably opened up for him a little bit more.

The problem is that you're immediately ready to discuss it after the first game, and then again after the second game. I think it's pretty early to even discuss it. There hasn't been anyone who has stood out, not even Rob Gronkowski. NONE of the receiving targets have done anything aside of Edelman.

To take it one step further, Amendola has had 2 games in a row where he's made a big time play of 30+ yards, and had it come back due to someone else having a penalty. Obviously, he has the capacity to make some plays.

Either way, Belichick obviously feels that having him out there gives our team the best chance to win at the moment.
On the other hand, maybe I just find the fact that @Ivan and @Joker cry so much about Amendola threads and then spend their entire night lurking in them rating posts like the legends that they are ****ing hilarious. I mean, Joker is my favorite, the dude just lurks behind me like my shadow waiting to rate posts, it is like when I open the cabinet where we keep the milk bones my dog comes running, well when I say Amendola those 2 come a running…o_O

The only receiver making a statistical impact is Edelman. Nobody else is getting the ball thrown to him besides Gronk. That partially falls on Brady. Just like last year, Brady is focussing ONLY on Edelman and Gronk, which hurt our offense last year as well. Once he starting throwing to Thompkins and Dobson, the offense started opening up. Unfortunately Brady seems to have lost trust in any receiver not named Edelman.
the pats don't have the Talent to play fantasy football and that's a good thing cause the way they played today is the only way they can get Brady ring #4

For me it is about my having to take the abuse and jihad accusations all last season with the commitment that posters would acknowledge they were wrong if Amendola was not better this year. Well nobody is doing that

Not meaning to get argumentative with you, but I don't think that 2 weeks qualifies too much. To take it one step further, there were some posters who did say that they agreed that Amendola was overpaid, but that we were kind of "stuck" with him no matter what, so don't lump everyone in to the same category.

Also in terms of "jihad"---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

I notice that you like to use it a lot. I realize there are some similarities with the word as I have an understanding of international terrorism, but I don't think it's really what you mean it to be. Just throwing that out. Not meaning to piss you off.

Last edited:
There are only 16 games in a season this is not MLB. We are 1/8 through the season.
Yes when LaFell or Dobson completely level the CB on Amendola he can run uncovered down the field with the football. I am pretty sure if they leveled the CB I could also make those same plays that got called back. Those calls were on the money, Amendola would not have made those plays if they did not interfere.

There are only 16 games in a season this is not MLB. We are 1/8 through the season.

So, all of this because he's a few catches off his 54 catch pace from last year?

People had a much higher desire for Dobson that what he's produced. Some are in the Thompkins category. Some believed that Gronk would have done a lot more. Some believed that Vereen would have many more catches.

Not meaning to get argumentative with you, but I don't think that 2 weeks qualifies too much. To take it one step further, there were some posters who did say that they agreed that Amendola was overpaid, but that we were kind of "stuck" with him no matter what, so don't lump everyone in to the same category.

Also in terms of "jihad"---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

I realize there are some similarities with the word as I have an understanding of international terrorism, but I don't think it's really what you mean it to be. Just throwing that out. Not meaning to piss you off.
I think that 2 weeks is 2 weeks and if last season you said you were not going to defend Amendola in 2014, you should not be defending him. It is that simple, posters went back on their words, I intended to eat my crow or whatever if Amendola performed, and I expect you and the other posters to do what you said if he did not perform, which he has not yet. End of story, people should stand behind their commitments, and they have not the same posters are still trolling around doing the same things they did in 2013, nothing has changed Joker is still rating posts winners, Ivan is still crying about people saying negative things about Amendola, you and others are still trying to justify his performance. So all those posts about how give him 2014 and if he does not perform it will be different were just loads of crap because right now you are saying the same thing you said in the thread I opened after the Saints game last year nearly word for word.

The only receiver making a statistical impact is Edelman. Nobody else is getting the ball thrown to him besides Gronk. That partially falls on Brady. Just like last year, Brady is focussing ONLY on Edelman and Gronk, which hurt our offense last year as well. Once he starting throwing to Thompkins and Dobson, the offense started opening up. Unfortunately Brady seems to have lost trust in any receiver not named Edelman.
yup...this...

So, all of this because he's a few catches off his 54 catch pace from last year?

People had a much higher desire for Dobson that what he's produced. Some are in the Thompkins category. Some believed that Gronk would have done a lot more. Some believed that Vereen would have many more catches.
I am more concerned with the fact he is trending for a 50% catch ratio, 48 catches, and a whopping 256 yards. The 256 yards is significantly off pace from last season. That is if he plays all 16 games too.

I was told he was going to be better when he was healthy, was that not what you and the others said? Now I should not complain if he does what he did last year again? I thought the groin was the only reason he had those numbers last season.

I mean, even with Edelman... if we take the second half of the Miami game and the second half of the Minnesota game, Edelman has two full halves out of the four that he's played where he has done nothing at all.

Of course, no one would say Edelman has had a bad year so far. But context (and sample size is a big part of this) matters a lot. This is a nuance that Brady6 seems incapable of understanding, and I think it's why a lot of posters are frustrated with him.

@supafly honestly I like you I do not want to keep going back and forth and have this cause animosity between us, Amendola is not worth it. I would have liked it if posters did what they said they were going to do in regards to Amendola, clearly that is not going to happen and 2014 will be a repeat of 2013 in which case, it is what it is. I guess I just expect posters to stand true to their words, but they do not have to so to each their own.

@supafly honestly I like you I do not want to keep going back and forth and have this cause animosity between us, Amendola is not worth it. I would have liked it if posters did what they said they were going to do in regards to Amendola, clearly that is not going to happen and 2014 will be a repeat of 2013 in which case, it is what it is. I guess I just expect posters to stand true to their words, but they do not have to so to each their own.

No one's going to tell you you're right because it's been 2 games, and also because you're a huge baby

I mean, even with Edelman... if we take the second half of the Miami game and the second half of the Minnesota game, Edelman has two full halves out of the four that he's played where he has done nothing at all.

Of course, no one would say Edelman has had a bad year so far. But context (and sample size is a big part of this) matters a lot.
Edelman is on pace for 1408 receiving yards. Amendola is on pace for 256 receiving yards. That is like comparing a Bentley to a Kia and saying the Bentley needed gas too.

No one's going to tell you you're right because it's been 2 games, and also because you're a huge baby
I am a huge baby, says the person who turns to insults when the player he is defending does not play well. You know when you should concede that you argument sucks are when you feel compelled to turn insult the other poster, because that is just a huge indication that you have nothing. I love when you and other posters make personal insults at me, that to me is like breaking the finish line first because it just screams I have no valid argument and so I am left with this pathetic attempt to save face. So please tell me more PrimeTime.

Edelman is on pace for 1408 receiving yards. Amendola is on pace for 256 receiving yards. That is like comparing a Bentley to a Kia and saying the Bentley needed gas too.

Sure and Tom Brady's "on pace for" all of 16 TDs and 3000 yards. But also no interceptions, so we can expect him to continue on his current trajectory and end the year with 3000 yards, 16 TDs, and 0 INTs. It's been two weeks - how is that hard to understand?!

Sure and Tom Brady's "on pace for" all of 16 TDs and 3000 yards. But also no interceptions, so we can expect him to continue on his current trajectory and end the year with 3000 yards, 16 TDs, and 0 INTs. It's been two weeks - how is that hard to understand?!

Last season you said you would not defend Amendola if he underperformed again in 2014. You are still doing it, do you know what that makes you? How many weeks does not matter, it could be a one quarter into the season and if he did not perform you should not be defending him because you said you would not. Given that I cannot believe anything you say anymore there is really no point in us communicating further.

If he had 2 great games we both know you and everyone else would be expecting me to eat my crow, unlike you though I am a man of my word so I would have done it.

It's only week... you know what? Screw it.
It is 2 weeks. You know that it **** was flipped around and people were talking about how great Amendola was doing my coming along saying I'm not eating my crow give it longer he will end up sucking would not have been acceptable. He is healthy and was supposed to be better this year, he has performed worse, I am not looking for anyone to tell me I was right I am looking for you all to do what you said you would and stop defending him and making excuses.

Danny Amendola is the #1 highest paid receiver on the 2014 Patriots
Danny Amendola has the 3rd highest cap hit on the 2014 Patriots offense.
Danny Amendola is the 9th highest paid receiver in the AFC for the 2014 season

He is not some project receiver we drafted in the 7th. He a big money free agent acquisition that has proven to be an awful signing in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes