PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Amendola should be handling all of the punt-returns. He seems to do ok.

I haven't seen him do a punt return this season yet. Has he?

I like Edelman on punt returns.

I haven't seen him do a punt return this season yet. Has he?

I like Edelman on punt returns.

Yes. In jets game:

"
Amendola hadn't returned a kick since 2012, when he was a member of the Rams, but he was the owner of 118 career kick returns coming into the game, and he was more than willing to reprise that role Thursday.

He entered the night with just four catches on the season. Returning kicks was a way for him to get the ball in his hands. It was a way for him to get involved.

"I thought Danny really stepped up," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said after the game, "and gave us a lot of energy on the kickoff returns."

Amendola finished with four returns for 105 yards and a long of 31. He gave the Patriots a presence they haven't had in the return game this season, and the job allowed Amendola to flash an ability to wiggle through open spaces and make people miss.

"

Yes. In jets game:

"
Amendola hadn't returned a kick since 2012, when he was a member of the Rams, but he was the owner of 118 career kick returns coming into the game, and he was more than willing to reprise that role Thursday.

He entered the night with just four catches on the season. Returning kicks was a way for him to get the ball in his hands. It was a way for him to get involved.

"I thought Danny really stepped up," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said after the game, "and gave us a lot of energy on the kickoff returns."

Amendola finished with four returns for 105 yards and a long of 31. He gave the Patriots a presence they haven't had in the return game this season, and the job allowed Amendola to flash an ability to wiggle through open spaces and make people miss.

"

Um....those were kickoffs. Not sure if serious.

Um....those were kickoffs. Not sure if serious.

Yes. My mistake. Sorry. :(

But, Amendola may also be a good option as a punt returner. It at least gives him something to do as Pats are paying him 6m.

As long has he does not fumble, and no negative yds.

Yes. My mistake. Sorry. :(

But, Amendola may also be a good option as a punt returner. It at least gives him something to do as Pats are paying him 6m.

As long has he does not fumble, and no negative yds.

The Patriots have the best punt returner in NFL history already. Why would you want to replace him?

Amendola returned punts for the rams too, but he's no edelman.

Looks like the brain trust finally figured out how to use him--as a kick return with less offensive reps. I'll be ecstatic if I never see Chung returning a kick again, and DA showed that he's above average as a returner. This could huge on special teams going forward.

The adjustment and catch he made on the TD was a thing of beauty, but I still just see him as depth at receiver at this point. Hope I'm wrong and he can contribute to the offense more regularly.

Speaking of catches called back by penalty, I was just rewatching on Game Rewind, and man that call on LaFell on DAs catch was utterly weak. A crossing route that wasn't even that close to DA.

Who? All on this board annoiting him as having a great game.

He made a great play. I'll give him that. I'm not even a hater, I like Amendola and want to see him succeed. I'm glad he had a great grab, I just think we are gong overboard if we are saying he had a great game. I'm sticking with my point that if Edelman made that play and only that play no one here would be saying he had a 'great' game.

He made a great play. I'll give him that. I'm not even a hater, I like Amendola and want to see him succeed. I'm glad he had a great grab, I just think we are gong overboard if we are saying he had a great game. I'm sticking with my point that if Edelman made that play and only that play no one here would be saying he had a 'great' game.

The kick returns that set the Pats up with good field position, the sensational TD grab, the recovered onside. I've been as hard on Amendola as anyone this year, but those few key plays helped the Pats win the game. Hopefully he found his niche, even if he is being overpaid for it this year.

Not sure what this had to do with MY comment, but ok.

In Welker's defense, he had made back-shoulder catches like that before. It's unfortunate that the one instance people remember is the time in the SB when he didn't.

Yeahhhhh super bowls are kind of memorable games...

Let him return kickoffs until we unload him off season. Expensive but better than paying him to run in circles with hands of stone.

I could swear I saw a reel of Welker not making that type catch after the SB, but I could be wrong.

I've never seen him make that catch that he dropped in the super bowl.

Let him return kickoffs until we unload him off season. Expensive but better than paying him to run in circles with hands of stone.
What happens if the performance on the weekend kickstarts a run of production for Amendola?

What happens if the performance on the weekend kickstarts a run of production for Amendola?

After a year and a half of nothing don't take the chance dump him off season. We don't need him to return punts we have others to do that.

After a year and a half of nothing don't take the chance dump him off season. We don't need him to return punts we have others to do that.
Whilst true, if Amendola starts producing on a regular basis, why should we simply get rid of him? If Amendola kick starts his production at WR by playing as a PR/KR, then who cares if we have other people to perform those roles? Good play is good play.

FWIW, I was an Amendola supporter who has become an Amendola skeptic but I understand he can still play valuable roles for the Patriots moving forward.

One game doesn't make a career with the Pats. Let's see what happens I don't expect much.

One game doesn't make a career with the Pats. Let's see what happens I don't expect much.
While I agree with you, I am not referring to just one game. I am asking a question based on production for the rest of the season.

I liked what I saw from Amendola but not getting excited just yet.

He got lots of touches due to being about the freshest meat we had ... lets see him do it a few more times.

While I agree with you, I am not referring to just one game. I am asking a question based on production for the rest of the season.

You are projecting based on one game, let's not project into the future, we do have history of a year and a haft that negates your projection. IMO your case is dismissed. Let's wait until the present history turns the past history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back