PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the injury bug LOVES THIS TEAM. Every year a position is decimated by injury. This dude better hit the weights.

You do realize that hitting the weights has no correlation to injuries occurring, yes? Or do you know of some weight lifting regimen that will prevent your clavicle from being dislocated and almost severing your aorta?

Or one that prevents serious injury to your Achilles when you are making a cut on a pattern?

Welker got a similar deal as Amadola when you factor in the going rate of a WR in 2007. Welker got good #2 WR money. Amadola got good #2 WR money too.

Except one receiver has 6 years as a #1 and the other has 4 broken seasons as a #3.

Please, please, please remember Amendola is not 'injury prone'. I detest that phrase with a passion. He did not have non stop hamstring injuries, he had freak clavicle and heel injuries. They heal fully and you're back 100%.

Honestly if you don't watch Rams games, this guy is better than Wes and can actually go DEEP outside of the slot if he's playing at top level.

Well done Pats, great deal.

Better?! something he has to prove first, he has a great upside indeed.

Re: Shefter: Pats sign Amendola

What worries me more, however -- is this another case of acquiring one of Josh McDaniels' guys??

Hah, that and raiding the Rams for talent does seem kind of odd. As Chad Finn ttweets:

Chad Finn ‏@GlobeChadFinn
Ok, so I guess we're going to find out how great Tom Brady would have been in the 2011 Rams offense. Also: hate the Amendola signing.

I don't hate the signing like Finn does; I don't expect 2006 deja vu. Just hope it works out.

Honestly? Not liking the deal all that much. I'd much rather have had a durable Welker than Amendola, despite the age difference.

I can't buy the whole "injury-prone" notion because of Gronk. He had a history of back issues and people were up in arms when he was drafted. So what happens? No injuries until Bernard F'ing Pollard rolls his ankle.

But then you also have Dowling who is continuing to prove he is "injury-prone." So what does all this mean?

Nothing. Injuries do not carry over from team to team. Or from college to pros. Drop it.

Welker had 96 catches and 1100 yards in two years without missing a game as a Fin. Amendola had 77 and 900+ yards in 4 years where he missed 22 games.

Welker also played in the AFCE - a sissy division... Amendola played in the NFCW division.... it's like the Russian gulag compared to the AFCE.

Welker had 96 catches and 1100 yards in two years without missing a game as a Fin. Amendola had 77 and 900+ yards in 4 years where he missed 22 games.

Amadola is a much better player tha Welker was in Miami , but of course the injuries a big concern.

I'm very very happy.

Amendola is better than Welker at this stage in their careers. The contract is not at all an overpayment. If anything they got a bit of a bargain.

Huh, all those people hating on amendola and haning on welkers jock really have some soul searching to do.

You are not even remotely close to being qualified as an nfl gm. That is all. Peace out

Imagine..Danny with TB compared to Bradford.....teams wont know what hit them ........... IN Bill We Trust:rocker:

I'm very very happy.

Amendola is better than Welker at this stage in their careers. The contract is not at all an overpayment. If anything they got a bit of a bargain.

Honestly, I don't mind Amendola. It's the money that bothers me. It really feels like they over paid.

Can you imagine the hand wringing when Amendola makes his first big drop. This place will go nuclear.

10 million gamble. Wonder what year 1 money is?

That makes their stats even more similar - when you remove the 22 games he missed. No way is Amendola as durable as WW, at least not as of yet, but few players are as durable as WW. We have to deal with it now, hopefully he will do what is needed when it is needed. So much still does, as it always has, depend on the health of our two TE's. Hopefully we score a nice WR somewhere and then on to the D.

Why is everyone shocked? It seems this was the plan all along. When Welker left everyone knew Amendola was coming.

Kind of interesting tweet from Rapoport:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
I don't believe in coincidences. So: Welker leaves Patriots for $6M per year in Denver. Danny Amendola signs for $6.1M per year #Math

Bit of "so there" by the Pats?

Ryan Swope:

6' 206 pounds 4.34 forty 22 years old

Danny Amendola:

5'11 188 pounds 27 years old

I don't know. We'll see, but I feel that would of been the better, cheaper way if we were going the unproven route.

I'll give both of you guys that. Fair point.

Just remember, we chose a relatively risky, unknown quantity, over a guy that could retire with 1,000 career receptions.

"Could," of course, being the operative word.

It'll be interesting to see how much WW's on the field in Denver, and Amendola here.

Another receiver who'll miss 5-6 games a season every season....nice job krafty and bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes