PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people are upset about the contract. Yes, the Pats should have given Welker $6 million a year, but $6 million a year for even an average starting WR is the going rate. I thought Amadola would get $7-8 million a year.

If WW got 6M then DA is worth a fraction of that.

Also let's call it like it is. Bob Kraft was full of it saying he wanted Welker to retire a Patriot.

What was funny about his statement? :confused:

Because we have been talking about what and who was injury prone and we deemed Danny prone. And he said they were freak.

very fine - I like it

Of course, I'm pretty sure this logic held when we originally traded for Welker...

I went back and looked it was a mixed bag. Many of the folks in favor of Welker were against given up a 2nd, 7th and a 3mil per year deal.

But everyone was coming off the FA high that was AD...:cool:

Of course, I'm pretty sure this logic held when we originally traded for Welker...

Amadola is far better than Welker when Welker left the Dolphins to come to the Patriots. Not saying he will have the same success as Wes did when he made the move, but who is saying he can't.

I'll give both of you guys that. Fair point.

Just remember, we chose a relatively risky, unknown quantity, over a guy that could retire with 1,000 career receptions.

Re: Shefter: Pats sign Amendola

What worries me more, however -- is this another case of acquiring one of Josh McDaniels' guys??

they realize how much the completely screwed the championship ready team by alienating their two top WRs and panicked and were forced to sign Amendola.

Dear God, spare me. They alienated ONE of their top FIVE passcatchers, knowing if Welker got overpaid and walked they could grab Amendola. Forced to sign him? Come on, bro.

I have NO IDEA how Amendola will work out here, or if he will even play more than one game before winding up on IR. But I fail to believe the Front Office that has gotten us to the playoffs almost every year since 2000 was surprised by today's events.

Looks like Florio was right all along.

Also let's call it like it is. Bob Kraft was full of it saying he wanted Welker to retire a Patriot.

Unlike many ****ty owners in the league, Kraft lets the front office and coaching staff handle player personnel.

Amadola is far better than Welker when Welker left the Dolphins to come to the Patriots. Not saying he will have the same success as Wes did when he made the move, but who is saying he can't.

Great post, spot on.

Please, please, please remember Amendola is not 'injury prone'. I detest that phrase with a passion. He did not have non stop hamstring injuries, he had freak clavicle and heel injuries. They heal fully and you're back 100%.

Honestly if you don't watch Rams games, this guy is better than Wes and can actually go DEEP outside of the slot if he's playing at top level.

Well done Pats, great deal.

I'm glad we traded our heart and soul for the past 5 years, a guy who has proven to battle through injuries and came back from an ACL injury months before anyone thought even possible for him, a guy who is a lock for Patriots HOF and has a chance at the NFL HOF, a guy who had done what was right and not complained about his contract despite being massively underpaid for 5 years, our all pro, pro bowl, historically great receiver for..

..a decent role player who can't stay healthy, has never played for the Patriots, at three times the amount of money we were going to give Welker.

I was all for letting Welker walk to save money. My guess is the Patriots thought he would cave and played hardball and they realize how much the completely screwed the championship ready team by alienating their two top WRs and panicked and were forced to sign Amendola.

The Patriots were not forced to do anything. They did not want Welker back. The offer that they gave him made that perfectly clear. The dude even went back to them to see if they would match it and they said no. They made up their minds long ago. They wanted Vince...he's signed. He was the highest paid nose tackle when he signed his deal. They wanted Mankins, and he is signed. They locked up their two tightends last year too. Why? Because they wanted them on this team. They did not want Welker. The events of today have made that very clear to me. It's just a damn shame in my opinion.

If we can get the amendola that destroyed patrick peterson would be nice..

It souns like a lot of JoshMcDaniels influence is in this deal. I hope it turns out to be better than his last Broncos/Rams/Pats decisions. Remember he is the guy that drafted Tebow in the first round. But we are the laughing stock today anyway why don't we trade for Tebow? Madness ...

well, those great receivers that Denver has in Thomas/Decker happen to have been drafted by....josh mcdaniels

I'll give both of you guys that. Fair point.

Just remember, we chose a relatively risky, unknown quantity, over a guy that could retire with 1,000 career receptions.

That we did. It's a quintessential IBBWT move, and we'll see if it pans out.

If WW got 6M then DA is worth a fraction of that.

Welker got a similar deal as Amadola when you factor in the going rate of a WR in 2007. Welker got good #2 WR money. Amadola got good #2 WR money too.

Welker had 96 catches and 1100 yards in two years without missing a game as a Fin. Amendola had 77 and 900+ yards in 4 years where he missed 22 games.

Because we have been talking about what and who was injury prone and we deemed Danny prone. And he said they were freak.

Ok, just curious because I put both a broken/dislocated elbow with ligament damage and a broken collarbone into the freak category. Not injuries that players deal with on a frequent basis.

And that guy they traded for, put him on the practice squad then let him go a few weeks later. I don't remember his name cause he's irrelevant

Salas - also from St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye