PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he'll wear 83 out of spite. The immortal Kamar Aiken has 16 right now...

In a way I feel sorry for Amendola: he followed Welker at Texas Tech, and now he's following him here in New England.

If they give him #83. . . . :eek:

I'm glad we traded our heart and soul for the past 5 years, a guy who has proven to battle through injuries and came back from an ACL injury months before anyone thought even possible for him, a guy who is a lock for Patriots HOF and has a chance at the NFL HOF, a guy who had done what was right and not complained about his contract despite being massively underpaid for 5 years, our all pro, pro bowl, historically great receiver for..

..a decent role player who can't stay healthy, has never played for the Patriots, at three times the amount of money we were going to give Welker.

I was all for letting Welker walk to save money. My guess is the Patriots thought he would cave and played hardball and they realize how much the completely screwed the championship ready team by alienating their two top WRs and panicked and were forced to sign Amendola.

People don't get it. Pretend Amendola is an iron man that plays 16 games every year. He's still an inferior player to Welker, and we just gave him 6 million a year.

I don't get why people are upset about the contract. Yes, the Pats should have given Welker $6 million a year, but $6 million a year for even an average starting WR is the going rate. I thought Amadola would get $7-8 million a year.

Can anyone seriously tell me this wasn't personal?!

Third, fourth or fifth round fantasy draft pick? That's the conundrum now.

Welcome to New England Danny. You have some big shoes to fill. Hopefully, you'll perform the role with some distinction.

When he's healthy, he's lightening in a bottle.

A bottle made out of thin, brittle glass.

This post is both funny and sad at the same time. This has been a crazy day.

$31M reeks of desperation - which I am sure there was some of.

I expect Amendola to be used differently. He's not even close to as durable as Welker, but he's 1 3/4 inches taller, a little faster, and has better hands. He won't be a great downfield target, but he'll be more of one than Welker for all three of those reasons.

Bigger, younger, faster version of Welker.

I like it. Now to sign one more big WR size wise and lock up our FA and work on this damn defense!

Man it's melt down mania here. Am I the only one that feels good today?

If he stays healthy it might be worth it because he is young and knows the system. However if he fails to shed the injury bug then this will be a waste of 31 million dollars.

Ok, let me explain this slowly........ $10 million guaranteed, means if he fails to shed the injury bug it will be a waste of $10 million, not $32 million. There is quite a difference between 10 and 32.

It souns like a lot of JoshMcDaniels influence is in this deal. I hope it turns out to be better than his last Broncos/Rams/Pats decisions. Remember he is the guy that drafted Tebow in the first round. But we are the laughing stock today anyway why don't we trade for Tebow? Madness ...

Of course it was personal. And may the best team win. I will put my money on the guy with 3 rings.

Fix the D

We need an exorcism to remove the Ghost of Al Davis from BB's body. I hope this works out better than Josh's other hand picked players like Fells, Lloyd, Maroney and Chad Jackson. 31M you have to be kidding me.

And that guy they traded for, put him on the practice squad then let him go a few weeks later. I don't remember his name cause he's irrelevant

People don't get it. Pretend Amendola is an iron man that plays 16 games every year. He's still an inferior player to Welker, and we just gave him 6 million a year.

Of course, I'm pretty sure this logic held when we originally traded for Welker...

Amadola is far better than Welker when Welker left the Dolphins to come to the Patriots. Not saying he will have the same success as Wes did when he made the move, but who is saying he can't.

Bigger, younger, faster version of Welker.

I like it. Now to sign one more big WR size wise and lock up our FA and work on this damn defense!

If welker was somehow not 32 years old.. maybe he might have gotten the same deal :p

Re: Shefter: Pats sign Amendola

With Amendola's injury history, we need a backup slot receiver other than AHern, right? Like Edelman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots