PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola signed - 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to know you only follow me the 2 times you visit this site a year..thanks bro

I only follow you? 2 times a year? I am an avid reader of this forum. I have been one for 8 years.

You just worry and whine about everything. Do you deny it?

Can anyone seriously tell me this wasn't personal?!

Occams razor.. or my subjective, illogical abuse of it, tells me that it just has to be.

I think there was a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know.

I feel better after this signing. Just wanted to let y'all know that.

I got banned for making fun of Welker by schmessy and i didnt even swear and you just called a mod a troll go to my post on Help Desk to see how this board is run. Total Joke

I'm going to go on a limb and and postulate you got banned for being a terrible poster.

"The King is dead! Long live the King!"

..... or something to that effect.

No, they've won 3 Super Bowls, precisely. It's not 2, or 4, it's 3.

Note a post made to me, and its reliance on the 3 rings, which was my point:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...mendola-signed-5-years-page5.html#post3397073

When he said that they have won more than 3 SuperBowls, he was referring to the other accomplishments that they have racked up during Belichick's tenure. Going to 5 SBs in 10 years with the same HC and QB. Going to 7 Conference Championship Games. Winning the division 10 out of 12 years.

not 1 deep thread...so that 11% of the time they pass over 20 yards is about to go down

Unfortunately for you Gronk and Hernandez can both get down the field to make the "deep" catches.

Anyone that would be happy to lose Welker all because they signed a guy like Amendola has got to be one of the dumbest homers around here.

Not only was losing Welker a really bad loss, but the Pats let him go to the freaking Broncos who will now have the best passing offense in the league with the two wideouts they have along with Welker in the middle.

I've hated BB as a GM for years, and this should be the nail in the coffin for him as a GM. He hasn't been able to fix that defense after all these years, he has yet to get a real wideout for Brady, and now when they finally have money to spend they don't do a thing to get Wallace or Jennings which is what the team actually needed to pair alongside of Welker, so they decided to pay all their money to an injury prone player that isn't nearly as good as Welker.

People who are acting like they're happy about this are really bad liars.

Who will be the first to post a youtube video of Hitler reacting to Welker teaming up with Peyton Manning?

Yes!

Regards,
Chris

I got banned for making fun of Welker by schmessy and i didnt even swear and you just called a mod a troll go to my post on Help Desk to see how this board is run. Total Joke

Icy, if I'm not mixing up the name and posters, has admitted to trolling me, for his amusement, in the past. I was bringing it up in that context, so if I got the poster wrong, it was certainly not my intention to do so. Also, for someone who was banned, you seem to be posting just fine.

No, they've won 3 Super Bowls, precisely. It's not 2, or 4, it's 3.

Note a post made to me, and its reliance on the 3 rings, which was my point:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...mendola-signed-5-years-page5.html#post3397073

Let's try: The Patriots have done a helluva lot more than win just three Super Bowls. For one, they had the best record in the NFL during Wes Welker's tenure including two Super Bowl appearances and playoff appearances in five of six years.

Let's hope we can say the same thing, or more, about the Danny Amendola years.

Look on the bright side, Mayor Menino is going have to say Amendola in public one of these days.

Anyone that would be happy to lose Welker all because they signed a guy like Amendola has got to be one of the dumbest homers around here.

Not only was losing Welker a really bad loss, but the Pats let him go to the freaking Broncos who will now have the best passing offense in the league with the two wideouts they have along with Welker in the middle.

I've hated BB as a GM for years, and this should be the nail in the coffin for him as a GM. He hasn't been able to fix that defense after all these years, he has yet to get a real wideout for Brady, and now when they finally have money to spend they don't do a thing to get Wallace or Jennings which is what the team actually needed to pair alongside of Welker, so they decided to pay all their money to an injury prone player that isn't nearly as good as Welker.

And people who are jumping the gun and whining like fools less than 30 hrs into the new football year are idiots.

I have read just about every thread and opinion on the subject. I dont see a lot of happy people. What I see is an unfortunate circumstance where the Pats are yet again parting with a great player before this player seemingly starts showing decline. I think people are happy the the Pats seem to have a contingency plan with a player that certainly has some upside.

Icy, if I'm not mixing up the name, has admitted to trolling me in the past. I was bringing it up in that context, so if I got the poster wrong, it was certainly not my intention to do so. Also, for someone who was banned, you seem to be posting just fine.

I can take it as well as dish it ... no problem ... we're fans of the same team. ;)

After some consideration, here are my thoughts on the Welker-Amendola situation

• Despite being sad to see Welker leave (especially to the Broncos) I'm pleased with the replacement given he can perform Welker's role. Note perform the role of a slot receiver.
  • I'm hopeful that Amendola isn't as productive as Welker but can perform the same role required of Welker. It is my hope that will mean the Patriots have a more balanced (i.e. the addition of a reliable vertical receiving threat) and evenly spread offense.
  • It's clear the Patriots were intent on phasing Welker out as the go-to-man early in the season. Hernandez getting injured necessitated the switch back to Welker as a focal point.
  • I'm also hopeful that the spread of money will be used to attract defensive talent to distribute the talent more evenly.
Overall, it still cuts me to the core that Welker is now a Bronco but I'm keeping the big picture in mind. If the loss of Welker, albeit strengthening a rival allows the Patriots to get better as a sum of whole parts, then so be it.

Let's try: The Patriots have done a helluva lot more than win just three Super Bowls. For one, they had the best record in the NFL during Wes Welker's tenure including two Super Bowl appearances and playoff appearances in five of six years.

I agree, and I assume you can recall me posting similar items to what you just did here. My point about the rings was in the context of an earlier poster pointing to them as the reason not to question this team. I don't buy that crap. Any immunity from criticism for that expired a long time ago, IMO.

Let's hope we can say the same thing, or more, about the Danny Amendola years.

Bring this up to me again in about a month. I may be more amenable to it by then. Right now, not so much....

Re: Re: Amendola signed - 5 years

Wow maybe am getting old in my 30s but again i will wait to see what else they do in FA and draft. And nail in the coffin? Are you serious? How would you like to be a raiders fan. Everyone needs to relax and be patient and stop sounding like fools.

shades of 2006 all over again... really 2 million dollars ?????? over 2 million dollars??? and we sign danny amedola????? there better be more moves coming... this is a travesty... i always say in bill we trust... but brady must feel like a fool right now... i know the pats wanted welker gone.. but really this was sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes