PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola, official bust?

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He did nothing impressive this game. Some people gave him a pass last year cause he was injured. He shouldn't be injured anymore, and he still played like a 4th/5th receiver; not as the 'faster/quicker/stronger than welker' that he was advertised as when he was signed and was reported last year's training camp.

He did nothing impressive this game. Some people gave him a pass last year cause he was injured. He shouldn't be injured anymore, and he still played like a 4th/5th receiver; not as the 'faster/quicker/stronger than welker' that he was advertised as when he was signed and was reported last year's training camp.

Come on? Seriously? You think you might give it til, I don't know, the quarter pole of the season or something?

He's wasting snaps. I'd bet Brady6 ends up right about him when it's all said and done.

Time to get attacked.

Come on? Seriously? You think you might give it til, I don't know, the quarter pole of the season or something?

It is his groin; it has not even had a full year to recover yet.. .o_O:confused::p:mad::D:eek:;):cool::oops:

Yes I do call him a bust I thought last year he was a bust too never liked him.

I blame Stevan Ridddddddley and that bearded defensive coordinator with the girl's name for Amendola's struggles

I blame Stevan Ridddddddley and that bearded defensive coordinator with the girl's name for Amendola's struggles
Nah it is my fault, my jihad has gotten into his head.

Of all the things that we can dissect that went horribly wrong today, is Danny Amendola really one of the things that prevented us from winning today?

Honestly?

We had the lowest amount of 2nd half yardage in the entire Brady 15 yr era and couldn't block on the OL for ****.

We also couldn't tackle, stop the run, or do much good on defense (aside from the first half turnovers).

Danny Amendola is the first thing that pops into everyone's head?

If there's a WR that we can pick apart, we could start with Brandon LaFell, who looked pretty lost to me, dropped balls, and committed at least one (should have been two) offensive pass interference penalties.

Then again--I'm really not worried about the WR corps at the moment.

Of all the things that we can dissect that went horribly wrong today, is Danny Amendola really one of the things that prevented us from winning today?

Honestly?

We had the lowest amount of 2nd half yardage in the entire Brady 15 yr era and couldn't block on the OL for ****.

We also couldn't tackle, stop the run, or do much good on defense (aside from the first half turnovers).

It is time I told the truth, I am actually Danny Amendola, which is why I was so active in the game day thread today, I had a lot of free time. Anyway now that you know the truth I want everyone to know I do not care what you think of me, because so far this season I have made $712,500 per receiving yard so HA.

Thanks for grabbing my back Sup, I will drop something nice out of my Gulfstream next time I fly over PA for you.

It is time I told the truth, I am actually Danny Amendola, which is why I was so active in the game day thread today, I had a lot of free time. Anyway now that you know the truth I want everyone to know I do not care what you think of me, because so far this season I have made $712,500 per receiving yard so HA.

Thanks for grabbing my back Sup, I will drop something nice out of my Gulfstream next time I fly over PA for you.

My main point is that out of all of the issues that we saw today, who the hell is thinking about Danny Amendola right now?

We couldn't stop the run, couldn't run the ball ourselves, couldn't tackle, couldn't defend the pass, couldn't block on the OL, practically got our QB killed, and had the lowest amount of 2nd half yardage in the 15 yr Brady Era (although that may have changed on the garbage time last drive...but still).

If there's a WR that we can pick apart, we could start with Brandon LaFell, who looked pretty lost to me, dropped balls, and committed at least one (should have been two) offensive pass interference penalties.

Then again--I'm really not worried about the WR corps at the moment.
True story on LaFell he actually wiped Amendola's best catch off the board with a penalty.

As a whole, I think you have some valid points that he won't be worth his contract, which most of us would agree with.

Due to that reason, many expect a decision to come in the offseason where he either takes a lessened deal that is incentive heavy, or gets cut.

I don't really think that his 3 catches for 37 yards today statline was anything to be concerned about, that's all I'm saying. No one looked very good. We've got to give our QB time to throw the damn ball and/or be able to run it.

My main point is that out of all of the issues that we saw today, who the hell is thinking about Danny Amendola right now?

We couldn't stop the run, couldn't run the ball ourselves, couldn't tackle, couldn't defend the pass, couldn't block on the OL, practically got our QB killed, and had the lowest amount of 2nd half yardage in the 15 yr Brady Era (although that may have changed on the garbage time last drive...but still).
I am glad it happened today. This loss was largely due to poor scheme, game planning, and coaching. Belichick will correct all of that now and stop over scheming especially on defense.

When we lost Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo last season we went through a period where we acquired Sopoaga and messed with the 3-4. The run defense was equally as bad and finally after 4 games we went back to the 4-3 that fit are personnel the best.

I am glad it happened today. This loss was largely due to poor scheme, game planning, and coaching. Belichick will correct all of that now and stop over scheming especially on defense.

I definitely agree that things will be corrected, but the problems in the trenches are what concern me the most. I don't think it will be quite that bad very often, but today was very poorly executed football all around.

When you cannot run worth anything, or prevent the other team from sacking/pressuring your QB, you aren't going to be able to move the ball on offense.

On defense, we were like a sieve all over again. It looked similar to last year when Mayo, Wilfork, and Kelly all went down. They couldn't stop the run, and they couldn't tackle properly. I think it all starts there.

Honestly?

It is if you have an agenda.

Fine job by the mod who moved this to the practice squad.

Didn't you get the memo, todays game is the sole determinant of those who played in it. Brady sucks, Tannehill is god, Belichick is a horrible coach and Philbin is a genius. What happens the rest of the season is irrelevant, the entire season rested on this game and the Patriots blew it. Season over, time for some hockey.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back