PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Amendola to Test Out Ankle on Practice Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you told me which WR the team could most afford to lose for a month, it would be Amendola. While it's not a good thing by any means, it's certainly survivable.

agreed

I would expect us to call us White, but Lucien is possible.

Positive: He did come out of the game and later to the locker room on his own.
Negative: This offseason, Amendola underwent both knee and ankle surgery.
Neutral: “Injury report is on Wednesday.“

He never put weight on the foot following the injury...I watched him jump over to the sideline and bench on one foot, trainers looked at him....5 min later jumped to go down the steps. He finally put weight on the injured foot as he hobbled down the steps and out of sight.

Cyrus Jones can be blamed for making it necessary to put Amendola in harm's way back there today. What a disappointment he's been.
You know, I was thinking about this negative trickle down effect during the game. What a shame Jones has been, both on defense and special teams.

I'm not suggesting that anyone give up on him, but he's had about as bad of a rookie campaign as one can have. Hell, I'm a bit surprised that Belichick keeps turning back to him.

Now cool off those afterburners, Supa....Jones was ,once again, a DISASTER on special teams. He played extremely well on defense, however. If he wasn't doing a job, BB would have pulled him. The kid is settling in on D....special teams, not so much> I think Tunes was near homicidal after that gaffe in the 1st half.

That's unfortunate for sure, but it's not nearly as bad as it could've been now that Mitchell's passed him on the WR depth chart anyway. Giving him a month off shouldn't be a huge deal.

Even if Amendola takes a month to recover, I would still like to see them bring someone up either from the practice squad (Lucien or DeAndrew White maybe?) or sign Keshawn Martin out of FA.

It's always a good idea to have depth at WR

Now cool off those afterburners, Supa....Jones was ,once again, a DISASTER on special teams. He played extremely well on defense, however. If he wasn't doing a job, BB would have pulled him. The kid is settling in on D....special teams, not so much> I think Tunes was near homicidal after that gaffe in the 1st half.
I did not realize that Cyrus Jones was contributing much on defense, Joker. I assume that he saw some dime looks today? I know that Rowe seems to be the best fit as an outside CB2, and that Ryan seems to be filling the nickel role in a more productive manner.

Did you feel that way prior to yesterday's game, or was there something during the game that stood out to you? Either way, that's good to hear.

Even if Amendola takes a month to recover, I would still like to see them bring someone up either from the practice squad (Lucien or DeAndrew White maybe?) or sign Keshawn Martin out of FA.

Yep, especially now with more 3 wide looks. Out of the names you mentioned above, I suppose I'd want Martin. At least he has some familiarity with our system and was developing a rapport with Brady at one point during last season.

White and Lucien sound like better prospects for the longer term, but Martin may be more beneficial for the shorter term. Just my two cents.

We don't even know what is wrong with him! Assuming he is out then we have a problem with Jones playing. We have enough targets left to survive. The offense us more than one guy.

Yep, especially now with more 3 wide looks. Out of the names you mentioned above, I suppose I'd want Martin. At least he has some familiarity with our system and was developing a rapport with Brady at one point during last season.

White and Lucien sound like better prospects for the longer term, but Martin may be more beneficial for the shorter term. Just my two cents.

Good point. Plus Martin is an experienced punt returner...

We don't even know what is wrong with him! Assuming he is out then we have a problem with Jones playing. We have enough targets left to survive. The offense us more than one guy.

Need depth. Nate Washington's another guy. He was here during camp.

I know nothing about White, but we know Martin is capable in spot duty and I generally like Lucien for what he is (a bottom of the roster receiver). I agree someone should be called up, would be fine with pretty much any of them.

I did not realize that Cyrus Jones was contributing much on defense, Joker. I assume that he saw some dime looks today? I know that Rowe seems to be the best fit as an outside CB2, and that Ryan seems to be filling the nickel role in a more productive manner.

Did you feel that way prior to yesterday's game, or was there something during the game that stood out to you? Either way, that's good to hear.

Jones saw some time when Rowe got hurt. Not sure if Rowe came back, wasn't paying too close of attention by the end.

Jones saw some time when Rowe got hurt. Not sure if Rowe came back, wasn't paying too close of attention by the end.
Thanks. I was in the same boat. By the third quarter or so, I pretty much mentally checked out. I actually think I started to doze there for a few min.

We need one win .. I would bring another TE. Rest Bennett a couple of weeks and Dola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back