PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Amendola to Test Out Ankle on Practice Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign Martin. Let's see if DA can heal up with 6 weeks off the hoof.

They did raise a salary to DeAndrew White recently so maybe he's ready to step in but probably not in Danny's shoes. If its not season ending I doubt they call in a new guy ..

But lets wait what the injury actually is. For the moment it could be anything from limited participant to IR ..

I know these guys are competitors and its tough to dial it back,but I hate
when they are fighting for the extra yard.Against good teams,yeah give it
your all against Rams not so much.

That's unfortunate for sure, but it's not nearly as bad as it could've been now that Mitchell's passed him on the WR depth chart anyway. Giving him a month off shouldn't be a huge deal.
More or less agree, but definitely want him back for the playoffs. Danny seems to have a knack for the key third down pick up.

DeAndrew White would be an interesting call-up if Amendola is in fact forced to miss significant time. Electrifying athlete while at Alabama, but has dealt with several injuries. Probably not a guy to depend on long term, but maybe he could be a contributer for a few games if called upon...

I don't think you can be such a high level athletic performer and not have a certain mentality.
I love Danny and JE11 on this team and don't like the idea of losing a reliable guy like him.

DeAndrew White would be an interesting call-up if Amendola is in fact forced to miss significant time. Electrifying athlete while at Alabama, but has dealt with several injuries. Probably not a guy to depend on long term, but maybe he could be a contributer for a few games if called upon...

Need bodies. Won't be shocked if he get's called up. He can get deep as well.

More or less agree, but definitely want him back for the playoffs. Danny seems to have a knack for the key third down pick up.

As does MM as of the past few games....

It’s a small thing on the balance sheet, but it often means something significant for Patriots practice squad players: The club voluntarily increased the salaries of guard Chris Barker ($15,000 per week, up from $10,000) and receiver DeAndrew White ($10,000 per week, up from the minimum level of $6,900 per week) this week. White, who played under Nick Saban at Alabama and entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the San Francisco 49ers in 2015, would probably be the next man up at receiver in the event of an injury to Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan,Malcolm Mitchell or Danny Amendola.
Patriots appear confident they can overcome Rob Gronkowski void

Amendola Spotted on Crutches After Win Over Rams

Ian Logue

Despite their victory, the Patriots may have lost another playmaker in their offense.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Hmmmm I most definately did NOT enjoy reading about Amendola's injury.

So, deciding if I should shoot the messenger....

Positive: He did come out of the game and later to the locker room on his own.
Negative: This offseason, Amendola underwent both knee and ankle surgery.
Neutral: “Injury report is on Wednesday.“

LOL, when you're playing you can't differentiate that sort of stuff. God, I hope you're kidding.

Chief Darkcloud lay down heapum wampum on poor General Danny Custer
Boom, boom, boom, Aya, Aya, Aya, big medicine man on his way on horseback...

If anything it gets mitchell more snaps, which i was hoping for today. The kid has all the tools, and i get stiff every time he catches a ball since the start he had in preseason. More mitchell is the answer to less gronk. Couple that with a steadily (health) improving Bennett...look out.

If anything it gets mitchell more snaps, which i was hoping for today. The kid has all the tools, and i get stiff every time he catches a ball since the start he had in preseason. More mitchell is the answer to less gronk. Couple that with a steadily (health) improving Bennett...look out.
Knock that positive **** off...

Cyrus Jones can be blamed for making it necessary to put Amendola in harm's way back there today. What a disappointment he's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes