PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amazed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison37 said:
I don't know. I mean- I grew up in New England, so I know how negative some people can be.

But, the treatment Tom Brady has gotten by some on this forum...I don't get it. Is this loyalty? Is this what being a fan is about? Pissing and moaning because he hasn't gotten off to a great start? Questioning his heart and integrity?

I know that the vast majority of Pats fans here still support and have faith in Brady, but there are a select few whose positions and overt turncoat behavior is pretty shocking. I guess you'd be a lot happier if BB and SP went out and signed Tommy Maddox, or the team's fortunes were handed to Matt Cassel?

Loyalty is a two-way street. There's nothing wrong with being concerned about what has happened thus far, but some things on here aren't concern- it's old fashioned Chicken Little panic, and frankly- I'm a little embarrassed for you. I thought New England fans were made of sturdier stuff.

Anyway- what has happened to this place? When I was in Iraq, this forum helped get me through because of the dedicated, informed and passionate people. Lately- I haven't seen that from more than a few. It seems that if life isn't perfect or going swimmingly, it's en vogue to rip the guy who deserves to be above that a bit. I lived 29.5 years before Brady helped lead the Pats to their first Super Bowl victory. He's won two more rings since.

If that doesn't earn you the benefit of the doubt, I don't know what does. It's spineless. Pathetic, really. Some of you (and you know who you are) ought to be ashamed.

Off my soapbox now, but just have to call it like I see it. What happened to the loyal fanbase of yesteryear?

Great post.

And thank you for serving in Iraq.

Great Post! You've been missed on this board Kirk!!

I've been lurking, but I just couldn't keep quiet any longer over the Brady treatment by some. Hey- everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I think he deserves a little slack given what he's done in his career.

As my HS hockey coach used to say- "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***."

How's the fam doing? Your daughter should be close to finishing HS, right? Again Marty- I have to thank you for all you did for me while I was deployed over there. You, Stan, Ian and everyone else who went above and beyond won't ever be forgotten by this Pats fan.

Brownfan80 said:
I think alot of the 'old folken' are still around.. but their posts get drowned in other less fortunate posts.

When in doubt, read a Box-O-Rocks post.
H'mmm, if you're going to credit me for curing your negativity and anxiety I'd better send a bill. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes