PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I wrong for thinking Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
should give Jackson 3-5 throws a game now that he is healthy and looks like he understands the offense better. Maybe let him do a reverse 1 time during the game. I'm a homer but I think Jackson should be given more chances now than he has been getting. I wonder if Brady just does not like him?

ChadJacksonFan said:
should give Jackson 3-5 throws a game now that he is healthy and looks like he understands the offense better. Maybe let him do a reverse 1 time during the game. I'm a homer but I think Jackson should be given more chances now than he has been getting. I wonder if Brady just does not like him?

What makes you think he understands it? Do you understand that there is also a difference between understanding something theoretically and executing it at game speed? Do you understand that executing in the NFL is nothing like executing in college due to the level of opposition and speed of the game?

I think Brady probably likes him just fine, just wishes he was able to trust him to execute better and consistently. I think BB feels the same way, and he is the one who ultimately decides how much a player can or will be utilized.

I think we have learned enough that Brady will throw to the man that is open...period.

With the positions that we have put ourselves in this year, i think it is tough to say whether or Brady likes the guy. I think Brady is more prone to throw to a guy he may know better and is not a rookie. A player like Reche has a massive advantage over the rookie because when he lines up at the LOS he knows what he is looking at and how fast the play will take place. Jackson still doesn't have a grasp on the speed of the NFL game or the pro defenses that he is looking at. It will come in time. Yes, I would love to see 3-5 balls thrown at him every game, but if we are playing from behind, we must go to the best guy.

Jackson has already had about average productivity for many rookie WRs in the NFL. It is the hardest position to pick up at the pro level.

We all want Jackson to contribute, but he is not a running back (a quick position to transfer to the pro level). He also is in one of the most complicated offenses in the league, and on a team that doesn't highlight rookies.

The only way Jackson will see the field more is through REALLY hard work on his part. Even then, he will take a while to earn trust.

You need to develop a long term point of view. Measure his progress in seasons and not weeks, and you will feel a lot better about his development because he has reasonable stats for a rookie, and has seen action in most games so far.

This is a guy that missed training camp, on top of being a rookie, yet has still been allowed to get his feet wet in most games.

To be honest, there are a couple players on this team that I would like to see more of, not just Jackson. This offense seems to be stuck in neutral right now, with a lot of new faces trying to get on the field, and a running game which has either struggled from predictablity, or been abandoned early, as of late. We seem to have 'weapons' everywhere, but not using any of them consistently, or effectively, at the moment.

MoLewisrocks said:
What makes you think he understands it? Do you understand that there is also a difference between understanding something theoretically and executing it at game speed? Do you understand that executing in the NFL is nothing like executing in college due to the level of opposition and speed of the game?

I think Brady probably likes him just fine, just wishes he was able to trust him to execute better and consistently. I think BB feels the same way, and he is the one who ultimately decides how much a player can or will be utilized.

Playing time is what will give you a better understnding of the offense. I just hope he gets more looks. After getting beat twice in a row it just seems you might try something else.

ChadJacksonFan said:
Playing time is what will give you a better understnding of the offense. I just hope he gets more looks. After getting beat twice in a row it just seems you might try something else.

can he call plays? thats only way we might win

ChadJacksonFan said:

That may work in College and on teams desperate to fill a void. BB doesn't do desperate and his players earn playing time in practice by giving him good reason to think they can execute in game situations. Then they need to reward that confidence by proving him right.

Last week when everyone was waxing poetic about Dillon's run, and then *****ing that if only the speedier Maroney had been carrying the ball he would have scored, the failure to execute that doomed the run from going all the way was Jackson losing his block and allowing his man to run down Dillon. In fact Dillon needed to use a strong arm just to get past the two of them initially because Jackson was struggling to maintain that block from the get go. Blocking is part of how a WR's game is evaluated on this team.

Last summer I was watching a program on NFLN where BB was miked in a TC practice. He was calmly explaining to an Oline grouping that if they could not execute better than they apparently were he just could not justify playing them. Period. That's the way he makes decisions by and large, especially with young and developing players. You earn playing time during the week.

On this team you don't get unless you earn it. If Jackson can run his routes properly and get open, then Brady should throw to him. Otherwise ,he should see the ball.

MoLewisrocks said:
Last summer I was watching a program on NFLN where BB was miked in a TC practice. He was calmly explaining to an Oline grouping that if they could not execute better than they apparently were he just could not justify playing them.

I remember a similar excerpt I saw on one of those silly NFL season previews you sometimes see on ESPN. Belichick's exact quote to his O-line was "I can't put you out there if you don't know what you're doing."

i trust BB and brady know what they are doing or not doing with jackson...our off and team never functioned on one guy and never will...
the jackson hype is just hype until he starts to contribute more seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back