PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one who thinks the Suck for Luck fad is sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. There is a LOT of money involved here. People will do a lot of crazy things for that kind of money, not to mention the prestige of having another dominant club. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Are you seriously saying this could never, ever happen?

Paying Manning a $20 million signing bonus with the intention that he never play another snap? And Polian deliberately making himself look like an incompetent fool who can't draft and had no plan in place for an injury to an aging QB? And not to GET Luck, mind you, but to give themselves a, what, maybe 20% shot at him? (They're not the only team that will suck, after all. Not even the only one in their division.)

Yes, I'm seriously saying that could never happen.

Paying Manning a $20 million signing bonus with the intention that he never play another snap? And Polian deliberately making himself look like an incompetent fool who can't draft and had no plan in place for an injury to an aging QB? And not to GET Luck, mind you, but to give themselves a, what, maybe 20% shot at him? (They're not the only team that will suck, after all. Not even the only one in their division.)

Yes, I'm seriously saying that could never happen.

I'm not saying ever phase was orchestrated or planned out from years back. I'm only saying that some small things were probably passed over. I think they were trying to still be dominant until the need for surgery became clear (which I'm sure was well before we found out). But once the need became clear, which I am sure they have known about for a while, why were no backup plans put into place? That is where I have an issue.

Last edited:
I'm not saying ever phase was orchestrated or planned out from years back. I'm only saying that some small things were probably passed over. I think they were trying to still be dominant until the need for surgery became clear. But once the need became clear, which I am sure they have known about for a while, why were no backup plans put into place? That is where I have an issue.

What about this whole situation suggests that they had such advance warning about the need for surgery?

They weren't allowed any contact with players this offseason. Manning was finally signed -- without a physical -- July 30, then showed up at camp. Only then did the severity of the situation gradually become apparent. What kind of meaningful backup plan could have been put into place at that late date?

What about this whole situation suggests that they had such advance warning about the need for surgery?

They weren't allowed any contact with players this offseason. Manning was finally signed -- without a physical -- July 30, then showed up at camp. Only then did the severity of the situation gradually become apparent. What kind of meaningful backup plan could have been put into place at that late date?

Well, without Mannings medical records, it is all speculation, including what you wrote above.

And I think it is possible they always planned on having no Manning backup for just this reason. Why not? One year of incompetence for 10 years of dominance? I'd take that.

Even if Manning is done, Luck is drafted by the Colts, the Colts are going to be bad for a number of years. Manning is a rare qb who fits into a system designed exclusively for him. Put a rookie qb in there and he better be able to read defenses and have a quick release. While alll that is going on, one of those other teams (Houston, Jags, Titans) prob. become the front runner in that division.

hell....anyone can look like a genius picking Manning first...LOL....

Anyone knows..the key is Manning ..without him...they sux......
As for the defense....sooner or latter...after throwing..crap on the wall...some is going to stick......

as for Luck....I am just hopeful..he goes elsewhere ...

Last edited:
Even if Manning is done, Luck is drafted by the Colts, the Colts are going to be bad for a number of years. Manning is a rare qb who fits into a system designed exclusively for him. Put a rookie qb in there and he better be able to read defenses and have a quick release. While alll that is going on, one of those other teams (Houston, Jags, Titans) prob. become the front runner in that division.

I put that number at 2 years. And then Luck has them back in the playoffs on a regular basis.

Luck if he stays healthy, is that once in a generation QB, with vision,decision making, arm and legs to move his team up and down the field. He is special.

the 49ers deserve a franchise quarterback. having to rely on Alex Smith for seven seasons... that's sad..

49ers don't deserve jack. They passed on Rodgers who was sitting right there across the Bay playing football in their back yard. Lucky for Rodgers he wasn't drafted by them because he ended up in a better situation. This team from top to bottom is a joke starting with their owners and previous coaches. They deserve more praise as being run into the ground like their next door neighbor the Raiders. Alex Smith sucks but we'll never know how bad because those fools never really invested too much into their oline until just recently. Michael Crabtree or a left tackle? Hmmm....was Matt Millen visiting that day?

If Indy were to somehow get Luck I would have to seriously compare this to the day the Spurs lucked into Tim Duncan when David Robinson was injured the previous season. Although the Spurs magically had to win a lottery to do so.

He's a smart kid, never been in trouble, and a guy who decided to stay in school for his senior season at Stanford University.

Yeah, I sure hope the ******* fails! :rolleyes:

Its nothing personal, I think he'll be good but a part of me wants to see the team that tanks their season from the start not be rewarded...call me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back