PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one who thinks the Pats looked terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhgbregreughre.fknre.gujrehkgujrngjrlbnrwhnrgherngvbjlnrevlrwnvriwghnreughrugjebnwejfgthjn43iptyj6t4pibyrklnbrtspighnvoreubovurehlre...

The dline had Warren for two snaps. With Sey out, that was two starters out of three MIA. I thought the containment issue was more about the OLB's not sealing on the outside.

I thought the pats executed well at times on both sides of the ball. Did you see the Colts play? Did you think the champs played 'better' than the Pats did? I don't.

I thought the OL did well, at times very well. They seemed unprepared at first for the all out pressure the Bucs brought, especially on the first series, but who wouldn't be surprised? There used to be an unwritten rule about 'no blitzing, no stunting'. I bet BB knew it would happen.

The whole idea of the first game is to give the team a real opponent they're not too familiar with. In this case, the defense gave the ol a good workout after facing sa 3-4 for the most part so far, and it will help them get to game shape in body & mind that much quicker. Same will be true next week, as BB says, 'moving forward every days the goal'.

I thought the 2nd string and the rookies did well at times. Hard to tell how well they were doing without Maroney back there (yes a concern, but not for last night).

I liked the rookies performances for the most part. I think Cassel showed tremendous improvement, gute looked like he knew what was going on. Liked the way he delivered a strike while taking a big hit.

As others have said, BB is looking for certain things in these games. Remember the 2004 preseason? The team lost by horrific numbers to Cincy & Jags in particular, like 30-0 in both games. Think that was a product of the teams preparedness? I think it was a way for BB to give them a taste of what losing was like, since they hadn't lost a game in so long. Whatever the cause of such sorry games, they overcame it with another 14-2 run.

Didn't watch the Colts - don't mind that they stunk :D Nice to get your view on things. I'm going to watch the game again tomorrow to look at the OL since Breer seems to think they did well, especially their run blocking. Hopefully things will be crisper in the next game.

I agree 100%, especially about the DLine getting pushed around last year. Our defense was the worst in the league. What's with all the DBs making tackles after the catch, just like you said. What about defending against the pass? QBs don't complete passes against other teams' defenses.

And what's wrong with Brady. Obviously BB is disgusted and he was pulled pretty early.

I'd hoped for better, but this late in the season it is obvious we're doomed this year. At least we'll get a top 5 pick next year, maybe even #1 overall. This year is already a waste. May as well accept fact that the dynasty is over. Maybe with the No.1 overall we can draft a franchise QB.

:agree: You said it. Season's over. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

The fact that it's a preseason game makes winning/losing irrelevant but I thought the play of the Pats 1st team O/D was mediocre to terrible. The "backups" weren't any better. It reminded me of the Pats horrible play against average-good teams last year. The Dline got shoved around, the LBs as a group looked like crap and were always on the ground or behind the play and the best that can be said about the DBs is that they made the tackle...after the catch. The Oline still seems unable to pick up a blitz or keep Dlinemen from disrupting the play. Welker screwed up a blocking play causing the RB to get tackled early. Meriweather looks too small to be safety and whiffed badly on a tackle. The only bright spots I saw were Washington/Gaffney/Faulk. The rest of the team looked as slow and overmatched as they were last year against good teams. Please don't use the "it's only preseason" excuse because I've watched other preseason games and no team, not even those that lost, has looked as slow and overmatched as the Pats.

I thought, overall, the team looked like crap too. But I guess that is what pre-season football is for to work out the kinks. I agree that I was not impressed with our LBs. I focused on Adalius Thomas and was surprised how poorly he played. In one play he allowed a RB to come up and take his legs right out from underneath him.

Another issue was how many players no showed. It definitely affected our offense. I think the fact that allot of guys across the league hate preseason and either don't go 100% or avoid playing as much as possible we don't see too interesting of games.

I like to win each and every game; scrimmages, preseason, regular season and play offs. So I have to admit losses bug me but if you are going to lose then lose in the preseason.

Last edited:
The fact that it's a preseason game makes winning/losing irrelevant but I thought the play of the Pats 1st team O/D was mediocre to terrible. The "backups" weren't any better. It reminded me of the Pats horrible play against average-good teams last year. The Dline got shoved around, the LBs as a group looked like crap and were always on the ground or behind the play and the best that can be said about the DBs is that they made the tackle...after the catch. The Oline still seems unable to pick up a blitz or keep Dlinemen from disrupting the play. Welker screwed up a blocking play causing the RB to get tackled early. Meriweather looks too small to be safety and whiffed badly on a tackle. The only bright spots I saw were Washington/Gaffney/Faulk. The rest of the team looked as slow and overmatched as they were last year against good teams. Please don't use the "it's only preseason" excuse because I've watched other preseason games and no team, not even those that lost, has looked as slow and overmatched as the Pats.

Kill self.

This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen.

It's the first game of the preseason!

It means nothing!

Nothing!

Seriously!

Last edited:
Yeah they looked absolutely HORRIBLE!

So horrible that they were blown out by 50 points...Wait,I was wrong,It was a freakin field goal at the last seconds of the game,and that was with 2nd,3rd,4th string players,rookies ect 3/4 of the game:rolleyes:

You wasted your time writing this. You say Faulk is a bright spot? No ****. You make no mention of anyone developing in the system, Cassell for example. Those are the players you should be looking at, not a veteran in his 8th season. Other than that, stick to your day job and tune into the Red Sox; the games mean something. Thanks for wasting our time.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And to throw salt on the wound, where do you get off saying the Patriots got "overmatched" in any game last season? Didn't happen. At no time were the Patriots ever "overmatched." Wow. ITS THE PRESEASON, GET A CLUE.:bricks: :bricks:

EDIT: Are you serious???!!!!!???!!!!!???

Last edited:
I got a good laugh from your post, although it wasn't very creative. What I find really weird about people like you is that rather than address (or ignore by not replying) my concerns, you reply with a strawman post. One would think that if the Pats really played well last night, (i.e. that my points were incorrect), that you would simply point that out. The fact that the best you can do is make outlandish statements and argue against fiction only serves to confirm the validity of my concerns. Which doesn't really make me happy as I was hoping to have them dispelled.
The only thing outlandish is your concern about the first preseason game. If my making fun of you validates your concerns, you are in major trouble.

The Colts played like crap last preseason if you were looking for wins. THey went 0-4 if I recall. They won the superbowl. Preseason games are not real games. When you see people out of position or in the wrong defense, you don't know what defense was called. Often is is not the optimum defense to test players abilties to read and react as the play develops.

Crappy teams play to win in preseason. Good teams try out different combinations of players, letting them work together in game conditions, and generally preparing them to play.

Take a handfull of Valiums and come back in September.

You need to work on your vocabulary. Asking a question isn't "being needlessly hysterical".
Depends on the question. Asking where you should do because the sky is falling indicates a bit of hysteria, no?

Have you watched other preseason games and if you have, how would you honestly rank the play of the Pats against what you saw from other teams?
I take back what I said about you taking a handfull of Valium. Take two handfulls. Daily.

Why is it every time someone posts the dumbest thread in the history of Patsfans, someone else comes along and manages to trump it in dumbness?

Chill, dude, and wait for September, but please, please, please don't start panicking if we start 0-1 or 1-1.

They would have looked much better if Bulger was in there.

They would have looked much better if Bulger was in there.
Billy or Whitey?

What's with this starting posts with "Am I the only one?" I've seen this a lot and can't quite figure out whether the poster is simply looking for validation or is announcing his singular genius.

yes, and obviously your new to following football the goal is to stay healthy and look at your younger developmental players, sounds like you need to go back to the red sox and start worrying about those yankees

How the heck did this abomnible thread ever get TWO stars?

Because we all know that preseason games are determinative of what happens in the regular season and playoffs!! :rolleyes:

Congrats. You've made one of the first chicken little posts of the new season!

Now if this team looks flat and crappy after the first game of the regular season, then we've got something to get pensive about.

Until then, tick off your calendar until RMT - Randy Moss Time!

The missing Pats weren't part of the starting Oline, or LBs or DBs and I would hope a Dline missing one starter could look better than they looked against Tampa. I had hopes that the Pats would win a SB this season and I'm just surpised that anyone can look at how the Pats OL, DL, LB, DB played and not be concerned. Is there time for it to be improved? Of course and that's my hope. However, it's a little disconcerting to see that the same problems the Pats had last year still apparently haven't yet been fixed, particularly since they came against Tampa Bay, not San Diego.

:rofl:

It was the first preseason game! :rofl:

:trolls:

Hey, I just auto played a Patriots game on my XBOX Madden and they looked like sh!t. I think they're going to suck this year. We're DOOMED!

:rofl:

rhgbregreughre.fknre.gujrehkgujrngjrlbnrwhnrgherngvbjlnrevlrwnvriwghnreughrugjebnwejfgthjn43iptyj6t4pibyrklnbrtspighnvoreubovurehlre...
I know what you mean, I've felt the same way for many years. Its a tough cross to bare. ;) Bye the way Harry Boy almost got banned for the same thing,or so he says.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back