PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one that feels a blowout coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menlo, if you look at the way we played the Giants last meeting, you will see why we gave up 25 to their offense (7 for special teams). We played vanilla defense, lacked intensity, and didn't start pressuring Manning until late in the game. We stopped the run and dared Manning to beat us. With half-time adjustments, we managed to outscore them 22-7 in the second half. Manning wasn't that great when we started putting pressure on him.

The key will be getting pressure on Eli. I believe the defense will come out intense and the gameplan will be focused on the passing game, unlike the last time we met. I can be certain of one thing, Eli will NOT have a great game.

You have your pronouns all mixed up, G-men fan.

Jaguars: Drove up and down the field against us, poor play at the receiver position cost them the game.
Chargers: Drove up on and down the field against us with a sitting duck playing under center and a tight end nursing a toe injury, lack of lt near the goal line limited their chances of scoring.
The week before the playoffs: Eli, torched us for 4 tds.
:rolleyes:

we predicted a blowout in both the playoff games and we saw how it turned out.lets not get ahead of ourselves.its going to be closer game IMO.

I tend to agree but this one could go either way.
A blow out will depend on how PATs D plays. IMO.
PATs D must get the Giants Offense off the field often
or it will be a close game.
if PATs D force Giants to give up the ball without a TD or FG
5 or more times it won't be close. Six or more times and PATs
win by 20+ points. ( a prediction ).

on the other hand if PATs D force Giants to give up the ball without a TD or FG only 4 or less times it will be close ..... less than 4 and PATs
could lose unless PATs offense scores almost every time it gets the ball.

So count those Giants punts, turn overs and out on downs. When you
reach 5 look at the score.

Jaguars: Drove up and down the field against us, poor play at the receiver position cost them the game.
Chargers: Drove up on and down the field against us with a sitting duck playing under center and a tight end nursing a toe injury, lack of lt near the goal line limited their chances of scoring.

What do you mean "us"? I have seen some transparent DBs in my time, but you are the best.

How many games in the last 7 years has the opposition moved the ball on us, scored a few times, hung around late and boo-hooed to the press that they were the better team despite losing......I cannot count how many games have played out like this.

The NFL and Networks want this to be a close game, and I suspect it will. But in the end, the Patriots will do what they do best: Make plays. Hold the opponent from anything more than a FG and despite the score, will always be in control of the game.

we predicted a blowout in both the playoff games and we saw how it turned out.lets not get ahead of ourselves.its going to be closer game IMO.

actually, i predicted close games agaisnt both jags and bolts....and now i predict a blowout, by at least 21 pts, pats win

Where the heck is all this fear about our defense coming from?

People, we have 2 weeks to prepare for a team that has a QB that loves to make bad decisions. This is Bill Belichick, the defensive genious. Thats his thing, defense. Have we all lost our minds. The defense is what it looks like, a top 5 defense that is the best at taking away a teams best weapon and really making them work to score points. Belichick will throw so many different looks at Eli that he will be wishing he was sunbathing in Mexico.

Last edited:

People, we have 2 weeks to prepare for a team that has a QB that loves to make bad decisions. This is Bill Belichick, the defensive genious. Thats his thing, defense. Have we all lost our minds. The defense is what it looks like, a top 5 defense that is the best at taking away a teams best weapon and really making them work to score points. Belichick will throw so many different looks at Eli that he will be wishing he was sunbathing in Mexico.

I agree, Eli didn't look so hot in the 2nd half when the Pats started throwing some 5 and 6 man pass rushes at him. Like I said before, do you think the Pats defense will have it worst game of the year and give up 28+ points? The Pats faced several of the best offenses already this year and the Giants weren't one of them.

I was watching a replay of the game last night and I could not believe how many things we did not exploit against the Giants. Being a mere fan watching the game on Tv I can only wonder how many Belichick sees.

The only hope the Giants have is to play their base 4-3 with single coverage and hope and pray the Patriots make mistakes. They don't rush the QB fast enough to blitz and get away with it. They are too weak in the secondary to pull the 8 players in the box routine.

Maroney only ran to the right off tackle all game ... our offense was so vanilla it was crazy. They are doomed ... i look for the Patriots to throw up 40+ points. The only reason Belichick won't go over 50 is due to his relationship with Coughlin.

The one thing that bothered me a bit were alot of negative or zero gain running plays but hopefully that was to test out the Giants and also due to missing half the reg blockers (Neal, K, Brady)

I think it is being a little gun shy from ealier in the year where at times we allowed career backups to look like pro-bowlers. But in each of those games when pressure was applied to Boller,Feeley, Manning (not a backup but everyone expected a bad game), they folded. I think the pressure of the SB combined with more pressure D things should be good.

Menlo, if you look at the way we played the Giants last meeting, you will see why we gave up 25 to their offense (7 for special teams). We played vanilla defense, lacked intensity, and didn't start pressuring Manning until late in the game. We stopped the run and dared Manning to beat us. With half-time adjustments, we managed to outscore them 22-7 in the second half. Manning wasn't that great when we started putting pressure on him.

The key will be getting pressure on Eli. I believe the defense will come out intense and the gameplan will be focused on the passing game, unlike the last time we met. I can be certain of one thing, Eli will NOT have a great game.

Also Asante was in his "route jumping mode" and got burned. Harrison and samuel got burned on the TD before the half. Samuel blew coverage on the Burress TD in the 3rd QTR. Manning leaving the pocket needs to be stopped also. I think the D has played WAY better in the playoffs and will do the same for this finale.

careful there. some of us had the chargers game pretty close. i had it at 27--17. i will reverse myself on this one, though, as soon as I'm convinced that TB is 95+%.

see Am I the only one that feels a blowout coming? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back