PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I right? (team introductions question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdul7

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Greetings and good luck to our Team in Buffalo tonight. Am i right in saying the Patriots were the first ever team in the NFL to start what was usually individual game introductions to the players as they entered the Field ? Super Bowl v Rams, the New England Patriots want to be introduced as just ' The New England Patriots ' and wasnt it just great when they all ran on the pitch together as a ' TEAM' , and did you not feel just as i did at the time when they ran on the pitch that the impossible win against the unbeatable Rams was ON ? It gave me goose pimples as they came out together ! Now i see other teams copying that. Were we the first ? Thanks. Chad Jackson to score a touchdown tonight . GO PATS.

Re: Am i right ?

Greetings and good luck to our Team in Buffalo tonight. Am i right in saying the Patriots were the first ever team in the NFL to start what was usually individual game introductions to the players as they entered the Field ? Super Bowl v Rams, the New England Patriots want to be introduced as just ' The New England Patriots ' and wasnt it just great when they all ran on the pitch together as a ' TEAM' , and did you not feel just as i did at the time when they ran on the pitch that the impossible win against the unbeatable Rams was ON ? It gave me goose pimples as they came out together ! Now i see other teams copying that. Were we the first ? Thanks. Chad Jackson to score a touchdown tonight . GO PATS.
yes the first....and yes, they will win tonight...

Re: Am I right?

Thanks Pats726. Cant wait for the game to start.

i think they're called goose bumbs, but to each his own

Goose bumbs ! thats when your hair on your hand and back all stand up ? Thats what i got than ALP . Thanks for correcting my English. Cheers my friend. GO PATS.

The Patriots running out as a team for that Rams Superbowl still ranks as perhaps my Pats favourite moment, ever.

Yep we were the first. Often imitated never duplicated! :D

Whats funny. Is other teams now do it; but I bet on those teams, they do it because they don't want to look like selfish individuals, not because they really do want to come out as a team.

Anyways, that was one historic moment.

The Rams get their long introduction with all the offensive players, which BTW, I always thought it was a bit unfair to introduce only half the starters: O or D, not both.

Then the pats come out as a group and everyone is thinking WTF??? ....Oh wait, this is awesome.

And of course really believing in the team concept is what enabled those Pats, with less talent, to beat the Rams.

And that same team concept, is going to allow these Pats, with more talent, to run the table.

I need some help here but apparently during a game before the Superbowl during the season- maybe against the Bengals, the operator started announcing names for the Patriots before they had even left the lockeroom. Wen they got to the tunnell, the pre-taped introductions were already half way thru the lineup and Milloy or McGinest or someone was like "WTF - they aint even waiting for us?!?" (not an exact quote). Then they just ran onto the field together in disregard for the recording. This may have been the seedling for the Super Bowl idea.......anyone care to expand or correct my memory?

Yes they did it early in the season...

In fact, once they started, they never went back... The SuperBowl was the time most folks learned about it, but the were well into the "team intro" streak by then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back