PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ALthough Chicago getting no respect.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
from all the so called experts and talking heads that are so busy ball washing Pay-ton and dungy............My feeling is that there are ALOT of things in Chicago's favor....and why I think they are getting overlooked...and could very well win.......

1) Pay-ton struggles in the big games. He struggled in the almost the first 3 quarters against us...and the dolts SHOULD HAVE NEVER won that game against us.....if we didn't run out of gas and or BEAT OURSELVES!......His rep as a choker is still pretty much intact as of this writing in my opinion.....because once again, I feel like we BEAT us....be it the flu...running out of energy......bad coaching etc etc.......We gave them that one.....

2) Vinatraitor has the potential or is due to MISS at least one key FG!.......was watching SB XXXVIII where he missed TWO FG's early on in that game.....believe he also missed one against Philly didn't he? Could be a factor

3)Indy's defense especially their RUN DEFENSE is still very susceptible to giving up alot of points and allowing Da bears to stay in this game. Chicago's offensive line is playing very well and should overpower Indy's smaller defensive line.......Big edge to Chicago for their run game vs Indy's run defense........If we had continued to grind the run in the second half (especially in the 4th quarter where McDaniels blew chunks).......we would be sitting in Indy's seat right now.......

4) Dungheap generally makes some blundering calls in the big games.......(see Pay-ton choke factor)

5) Harrison has been struggling this postseason overall.....caught the 2 pointer against us...otherwise I thought we held him in check pretty well.....I think Chicago's LB's line up well against Clark and the TE's........watch out for wayne I would think......

6) HOW can these talking heads talk so confidently about Indy...when they lost to Houston this season, and struggled (barely winning) against several pretty weak teams....???? Indy has been inconsistent at best.....CHICAGO meanwhile has been pretty darned impressive and consistent (with the exception of playing us which was a turnover fest).....

In closing, I think this comes down to Chicago's defense being able to shut down Indy's offense.......Chicago's running game MUST be successful.......and the wild card....Can Rex Grossman keep from making big time, game altering mistakes.......I think Chicago will shut down Indy's run game.......whether they can stop the pass....is another issue.....

I think that this will be a very close game.....and see Chicago winning it.....one man's opinion....what say you!?

ill drink to that:D

I think it will be a close game for three reasons:

1. Chicago has a good defense. They don't have the flu.
2. The Chicago offense will stay committed to the run.
3. Grossman has no qualms about going deep even though it may get picked. Hitting on a couple of those will change the perplexion of the game especially if the Colts are gonna play 8 men in the box. Chicago has speedy wideouts who can go deep, 8 men in the box means single coverage at times.

My biggest factor that hasn't been much talked about: the Colts receivers and RBs have notoriously weak hands when running the ball. The Bears are probably the best team at ripping the ball away since the 85 New England Patriots. There is no way to prepare for those tactics. Belichick wanred the Patriots before this year's Bears game, and they had players going at it in the pit to prepare for the gaem, but all to no avail.

When it comes to turnovers, I'd be much more concerned if I were an Indy fan. Yes, Rex can throw INTs like he's the next Brett Favre, but I think the Bears rip at least 3 balls away, and recover 2.

2) Vinatraitor has the potential or is due to MISS at least one key FG!.......was watching SB XXXVIII where he missed TWO FG's early on in that game.....believe he also missed one against Philly didn't he? Could be a factor

He's automatic bro.

The Bears are a bunch of ball hawks, they'll try to rip that ball away on almost every play and they do a pretty good job of it. Thomas and Benson are pretty strong solid runnners and can tear down that vulnerable run of the Colts D.

I hate to waste a prayer on a football game but I will say a small one for the Bears tomorrow.

Use the running backs and keep the Indy offense off the field as long as possible. Many were ballwashing the Colts terrific run D after two playoff games but we gashed them two weeks ago. Bears should be able to run all over that defense.

Last edited:
I will be pulling for the Bears. Don't mess it up Rex!!!!

I think we would have stuck with the run if Dillon and Maroney weren't running for negative yardage in the third quarter and Faulk wasn't injured and unavailable...;)

Perhaps the biggest factor tomorrow will be the weather. 60% chance of showers, winds 15-20MPH gusting to 28MPH. There're getting a little queazy over on Indy Star... :eek:

If weather is a mitigating factor and Da Bears slog and grind their way to victory and the nation is deprived of the opportunity to see Manning launch the aerial assault that finally validates his and Bill's careers, Polian is going pitch a fit. :scared:

That would be Polian's 5th loss as the GM of a Superbowl team - must be a record. Could also make it the last SB ever played in a non domed facility once he gets through with the competition committee. :D

I think we would have stuck with the run if Dillon and Maroney weren't running for negative yardage in the third quarter and Faulk wasn't injured and unavailable...;)

Perhaps the biggest factor tomorrow will be the weather. 60% chance of showers, winds 15-20MPH gusting to 28MPH. There're getting a little queazy over on Indy Star...

If weather is a mitigating factor and Da Bears slog and grind their way to victory and the nation is deprived of the opportunity to see Manning launch the aerial assault that finally validates his and Bill's careers, Polian is going pitch a fit. :scared:

That would be Polian's 5th loss as the GM of a Superbowl team - must be a record. Could also make it the last SB ever played in a non domed facility once he gets through with the competition committee. :D

gusting to 28 MPH :eek: which way will the wind be blowing, towards an endzone, or across the field?

Plenty of rain in the area -

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPag...p=RadarImagery&product=RadarLoop&prodnav=none

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=BYX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Hard to say the rain will last until game time though it does seem to be converging on Miami (karma?). You have to think they have the field covered until kickoff so if it stops soon it won't be a problem.

Here is the NWS forecast discussion from 6am today-

TO TRY AND SIMPLIFY THE SYNOPTIC SITUATION...FOR TODAY ACROSS
SOUTH FLORIDA CLOUDY AND BREEZY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED...WITH
SHOWERS CONTINUING TO FORM ACROSS THE LOCAL GULF WATERS AND
STREAMING EASTWARD ACROSS THE PENINSULA...WITH THIS FEATURE
CONTINUING A SLOW NORTHWARD PROGRESSION THROUGH THE DAY AND
EVENING HOURS. ALTHOUGH THE FORECAST STATES SHOWERS LIKELY...SIGNIFICANT
RAINFALL ACCUMULATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE
EASTERN COASTAL AREAS. THE CONVERGENCE ZONE IS EXPECTED TO BREAK
DOWN OVER NIGHT AS THE LOW LEVEL RIDGE CONTINUES TO BUILD ACROSS
THE SOUTHEAST U.S. AND DOMINATE OVER THE REGION.

The wind has backed way down and doesn't look like it will be too bad, only 10-15mph, which to a strong armed QB is nothing really. That wind forecast is from NOAA however and any seagoing fishermen is a aware of their inconsistent predictions for wind so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes