Welcome to PatsFans.com

Alternative Energy - not so fast says Feinstein

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Are you kidding me ??? Patters, I'll await your defense of Feinstein. I live in the Mojave Desert, it's perfect for the small amount of energy we could get from wind and solar. But no . . .

Feinstein seeks block solar power from desert land

"Nineteen companies have submitted applications to build solar or wind facilities on a parcel of 500,000 desert acres, but Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Friday such development would violate the spirit of what conservationists had intended when they donated much of the land to the public.

Feinstein said Friday she intends to push legislation that would turn the land into a national monument, which would allow for existing uses to continue while preventing future development."

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's unbelievable! Her legislation should be defeated by anyone who has the best interest of the country at heart. We're fighting two wars for the procurement of polluting, non-renewable energy sources and this idiot wants to preserve a desert? That the fukc is wrong with these people??????:eek:

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +629 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

She wants to turn a wasteland of sand into a national monument. Again, I live here so I'm not proposing this for someone else's backyard - this is MY backyard - Feinstein is a national embarassment.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +754 / 11 / -7

Yep, this one strikes me as pretty damn silly. This doesn't even seem environmentalist so much as aesthetic. Screw that. I'm much more concerned w/reducing carbon emissions by getting the alternative sources online, than keeping a pristine skyline.

PFnV

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Cape Winds Project, anyone?

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I have to agree with you BF :eek: pretty dim-witted idea,but looking at other legislation in the past this isn't that unusual.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is classic liberalism on display: the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing, or what it wants to do. In fact, they may have two entirely different sets of values and purposes. I've said this from the get go: the left is merely a very loose confederation of special interests with separate agendas, different ideals, and even conflicting values. It is chaos defined in action.

//

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +558 / 15 / -29

Stupid is as stupid does...

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't get what you mean.

I'm starting to suspect that both Dems and Repubs merge when it comes to protecting the property of the rich. We see it in the bailouts, the tax loopholes in the code, the fact that they are ALL lawyers (not that there's anything wrong with that), the tendency for both to be the offspring of money, the greed and graft involved in modern campaign fundraising (not to mention the resistance on both sides to campaign finance reform)...and the undeniable trend of the increasing size of the rift between the ultra rich and the poor / middle class.

This blockage of something that would help the country but "offend" the dead rich fukcs who donated the land to a conservation trust is just further proof that there is no real difference between the Blues and the Reds.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +856 / 2 / -9

I told you, these left wing loons are just getting warmed up.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Feinstein initiated HR 1959, effectively attempting to define dissent as domestic terrorism.... She has zero allies here, AFAIK...

Regardless, the "right" here should probably avoid embarrassing themselves regarding futile energy initiatives, considering their heroes are in bed with (and on all fours for), "clean coal" energy "solutions", and "drill baby drill" mantras.

12. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

HR 1959 did no such thing and I think you know that, we've discussed it before.

You are 100% right that the Republicans have no ground to stand on to say the Dems are at fault, but it IS pretty bad that the Dems are supposed to be the party of clean, renewable energy and talk a good game right up until it starts interfering with the wishes of their moneyed constituents. I guess the point, which I'm pretty sure you agree with, is that both sides are full of it.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're right, neither side has the answer. We need fresh thinking and even a New Party to lead the way.

//

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

We've discussed it, but you never convinced anyone it was innocuous... It was an attempt by our lawmakers to crackdown on dissent and define anyone as a "domestic terrorist"... We can revisit it if you like, ... Luckily, it never made it.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Will the conservation group that ponied up $40 mil to make this land federal be getting its money back if its wish that it remain undeveloped gets tossed aside?

I know I'd be kinda ticked off if the government took my money then reneged. Its not like these environmentalists work for AIG or something.

16. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Too much "Moonshine" dood... never gonna happen.

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Never say "never", doood. :D

//

18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Hey Fog if i wanted to become a member of your church how would i go about doing that. Is it like enlisting in the service?

Seriously

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  19. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

New Party platform:

- consumption tax based generation of revenue
    - pro choice / pro gun ...... anything else is hypocritical
    - my biggest part of the plan would be to create a 'domestic force' of sorts.......an opportunity for kids coming out of high school to join a 'civilian labor core' that would give kids an opportunity to work for financial credit to go to college.......I'd say a year of labor (which includes room and board and medical along with nominal spending $$ when fit) towards public projects would pay for a year of public school in the state where they graduated HS or a roughly equivalent amount of $$ towards a private school......I believe a system like this would reduce costs for public projects as well as introduce responsibility into the lives of the kids......I mean, they keep pushing up the retirement age to the point where what's the rush to get out of college? people could be standing there at the age of 26 as a college grad and no college debt.......and at the same time, the national / state / municipal infrastructure could be rebuilt

20. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure it is hypocritical to be anything other than pro-choice and pro-gun, and I'm also not sure that the civilian labor corps would save any money if it included room, board, and especially health insurance! I do like the concept though of being able to essentially trade in hours worked on public service projects for funding for college education. Almost like an extension of the GI bill to public service work. I like it.

PC is it HR 1959 or HR 1955? If 1959 then I am not familiar with it and was mixed up. If 1955 I can pull the info I found last time if anyone is interested (which they probably aren't!). Apologies if it is a separate piece of legislation and I was confused.