PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alright, no more tuck rule arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I have seen two tuck rule calls this season.

Denver against the Redskins, and just now in the Denver Steeler game.

Rothlisburger was never even touched by a defender and brought the ball down further then Brady did.

I don't remember the specifics of the Denver Redskins other then the fact that it was just as bad as Brady's.

In both cases, they ruled it an incomplete.

That is the rule, and whether it is a bad rule or not (which I believe it is a bad rule), it has been called consistently.

But what will the trolls have to whine about?

sarge said:
I have seen two tuck rule calls this season.

Denver against the Redskins, and just now in the Denver Steeler game.

Rothlisburger was never even touched by a defender and brought the ball down further then Brady did.

I don't remember the specifics of the Denver Redskins other then the fact that it was just as bad as Brady's.

In both cases, they ruled it an incomplete.

That is the rule, and whether it is a bad rule or not (which I believe it is a bad rule), it has been called consistently.

Was happy to see that, was getting sick and tired about that call. Not that this will change everyone but maybe quiet down some of those Faiders!

All the morons will continue to claim that they've never seen it called except in the NE-OAK game even though it's called all the time.

sarge said:
Just curious why do you think that it is a bad rule. The rule is in place so refs would not guess on the QB intent and states at what point an pass is incomplete or a fumble. Is their a better way of doing the rule.

I think it's a bad rule. I think it should only be incomplete if the ball leaves the QB's hand while the arm is going forward and due to the force of the QB releasing the football. Even if the arm is going forward if the defender hits the arm and knocks it out without the QB actually releasing it by his own power, I think that should be a fumble.

But the rules are what they are and the tuck rule in 2001 was ruled correctly.

BelichickFan said:
All the morons will continue to claim that they've never seen it called except in the NE-OAK game even though it's called all the time.

very true, good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye