PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alright, enough with porter please. Thanks! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Can we please drop the talk about Porter... or even the WR's for now? The pats didn't want him earlier, why would they want him now?

Chad and Gabriel will do just fine, along with Brown, Caldwell... and even Watson.

"Even the receiver-needy Patriots were not interested in dealing for Porter earlier this summer; they made that clear from the outset.

Instead, they wanted wide receiver Doug Gabriel, and landed him for a fifth-round pick."

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9656040

fleabassist1 said:
Can we please drop the talk about Porter... or even the WR's for now? The pats didn't want him earlier, why would they want him now?

Chad and Gabriel will do just fine, along with Brown, Caldwell... and even Watson.

"Even the receiver-needy Patriots were not interested in dealing for Porter earlier this summer; they made that clear from the outset.

Instead, they wanted wide receiver Doug Gabriel, and landed him for a fifth-round pick."

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9656040

My Interest in attaining Joey Porter stopped when I saw him pumping his fast and laughing every time Aaron Brooks was sacked the other night.I dont think we need that garbage on this team.We shall make do with what we have.Even if that means playing a double tight end set every single down to protect Tommy while our lackluster recieving corps get open.Throw Thomas in there with Graham,and Get Watson out there as the Number two to compliment Troy.Untill the Others come back....

Patriots4Ever said:
My Interest in attaining Joey Porter stopped when I saw him pumping his fast and laughing every time Aaron Brooks was sacked the other night.I dont think we need that garbage on this team.We shall make do with what we have.Even if that means playing a double tight end set every single down to protect Tommy while our lackluster recieving corps get open.Throw Thomas in there with Graham,and Get Watson out there as the Number two to compliment Troy.Untill the Others come back....

JeRRy Porter, Joey is the one making out with his coach.

Interesting article, thanks for posting it. :)

In addition to the excerpt you quoted, I found this quite interesting, in that the Patriots were conspicuous by their absence. To me that says one thing: the coaching staff has confidence in their current group of wide receivers, and we should expect to see Gabriel and Jackson contributing soon.

Tuesday typically is the NFL's busy day, with teams conducting tryouts for free agents. And many teams were at it again today, most notably the Jets, who went in search of a kicker to replace Mike Nugent.

The Jets worked out three kickers -- former Minnesota Vikings veteran Paul Edinger, former San Francisco 49er Owen Pochman, and former Boise State standout Tyler Jones.
But the Jets didn't look only at kickers. They also worked out former Cleveland wide receiver Frisman Jackson, former Cardinals running back James Hodgins and former Packers guard William Whitticker.

There were other notable tryouts around the league:
  • Buffalo worked out former Texans running back Tony Hollings.
  • Carolina worked out former Cowboys quarterback Drew Henson.
  • Cleveland worked out former Buccaneers quarterback Shaun King.
  • Detroit worked out former Broncos offensive lineman Dwayne Carswell and former Titans quarterback Matt Mauck.
  • Miami worked out former Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers.
  • And Tampa Bay worked out former Saints quarterback Todd Bouman and former Panthers quarterback Stefan LeFors.

Ceresco said:
JeRRy Porter, Joey is the one making out with his coach.

Damn..I knew that..Sorry..I was only half concentrating on what I was doing.JERRY Porter..

I wouldn't rule anybody out. Dillon didn't have a stellar reputation before he joined the Patriots, and there were a lot of doubts about that when he first became a Patriot. However now Dillon has become an excellent team player. In fact last week Belichick complemented the backs for working together and helping each other out.

Therefore for example where fans are lauding Maroney's performance as an individual, Belichick likely looks at Maroney's performance partly as a result of the RB's working well together as a group. He would probably say that Dillon, Faulk and Evans should get some of the credit for Maroney's performance. However neither the fans or the media would ever recognize that!

People need to relax and take a chill pill about the WR's, especially for now. Jackson and Gabriel should replace Branch and Givens quite nicely, and Caldwell should be a solid #3. Notice the word should, though. The above is the plan, but as we learned last year, not all plans work out. Still, until these guys prove that they cant perform up to expectations, we should assume they can.

Jerry Porter is a bad apple and is overrated.

Oak just traded us their projected #2 WR in Doug Gabriel and Jerry Porter isn't worth a first round pick... especially when you consider we got Gabriel for a 5th and several highly touted WRs were traded for 2nd round picks this year... WRs that were BETTER than Porter.

Lastly, our WRs will be fine. If were were to trade for another WR, I would want it to be for someone far better than Jerry Porter... otherwise, we are just adding more guys of the same caliber instead of improving.

You know this happens, not just on this board, but basically every team message board in the NFL. Player B who's a cancer (though talented) is being thrown off or leaving in some fashion his current team and there's always *someone* who brings up player B as our "solution". HELLO????? No way do I want a disruptive, high maintenance pain in the butt taking away from our team concept, nor do I think Belichick would ever consider them. He wants "football players" not head cases. So let's not do this again kthx!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes