PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Already sick of "African American coaches" non-story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
STFU about it. This isn't 1955. 75% players in the league are African Americans who are getting paid millions and millions of dollars. Seriously if this is all you're going to talk about for 2 weeks then you can count me out, there's no way I'm watching the SB.

I'll second that. Just wait for the build up.

It's a big story if you're Afro-american.

They deserve it really.

Much better that the young kids look up to Lovie Smith & Dungy as opposed to Sharpton & Jesse Jackson ... I say let the stories flood their brains...hard work not your mouth is what leads to success.

STFU about it. This isn't 1955. 75% players in the league are African Americans who are getting paid millions and millions of dollars. Seriously if this is all you're going to talk about for 2 weeks then you can count me out, there's no way I'm watching the SB.

You would be.

you're right

For that, and MANY other reasons as well, I doubt that I will watch it either. This will be the first time since 1995 that I don't care to watch it. I have NO interest in it. Had the Saints won today, I would have had an interest in wanting to see them win it. But, now I can say, I don't give a $#!t one way or the other. I don't even think I will have the stomach to listen to any sports radio in the next two weeks either.

EZ76

If you're sick of it now then you should unplug your TV for a few weeks because this won't be limited to sports networks. All new networks will be harping about this. Either Smith or Dungy said it best when he said, we've really done something when this isn't a story. This is football. Talk football.

For that, and MANY other reasons as well, I doubt that I will watch it either. This will be the first time since 1995 that I don't care to watch it. I have NO interest in it. Had the Saints won today, I would have had an interest in wanting to see them win it. But, now I can say, I don't give a $#!t one way or the other. I don't even think I will have the stomach to listen to any sports radio in the next two weeks either.

EZ76

I feel you man. Basically, for the next 2-3 weeks, my best friends are my 360, NBA TV on digital cable and my DVR list of stuff I haven't caught up on yet. I could really care less who wins.

How is it a non-story? While I don't think it is a MAIN storyline, it definitely deserves some pub. Like you said, most of the NFL is made up of black players, yet how many black coaches have had the opportunity to lead them? You can count how many Division 1 coaches are black on 1 hand. Sure the players get paid millions, but they are playing because they are talented and deserve the opportunity. Not too many black head coaches even get the chance. Not saying they should get a free pass at all, but it seems odd that not 1 black head coach has even gotten to the SB. The NFL is far better than college, though. And you guys wonder why the NE area gets a bad rap for being white and racist (not that I think this of all NE's by any stretch). I do remember your sports radio personalities asking if we are holding any rallies at Mexican restaurants. That's just bad form, man.

I don't care if they're effing purple. Just play the damn game. Bringing attention to color is one of the things that helps racism still exist in this country.

Though I hear you on the saturation this story will have, it is a watershed moment for the league. It's too bad that the skin color of coaches is a story, but it is. Let's hope, like Smith and Dungy do, that there's a day when it isn't.

Yeah I think it's definitely a big storyline and an important one. As for things being overhyped, every single storyline will be beaten into the ground by next Wednesday. That's the way the hype to the Superbowl works.

If I'm one of those coaches, I take it offensivley for treating me any differnt. They are people, not some kind of out casts. I like the way Lovie Smith played off the question in the post game interview on the field at Solider.

Well I'm cold turkey on the NFL until I'll watch the SB. Other than that I'll watch the Senior Bowl stuff. The black coach thing ? Whatever. I don't want to hear it. Personally I think the more they play that stuff up the more people get tired of the whole racial thing and just don't care anymore. You are what you are, you become what you can become. Whatever.

How is it a non-story? While I don't think it is a MAIN storyline, it definitely deserves some pub. Like you said, most of the NFL is made up of black players, yet how many black coaches have had the opportunity to lead them? You can count how many Division 1 coaches are black on 1 hand. Sure the players get paid millions, but they are playing because they are talented and deserve the opportunity. Not too many black head coaches even get the chance. Not saying they should get a free pass at all, but it seems odd that not 1 black head coach has even gotten to the SB. The NFL is far better than college, though. And you guys wonder why the NE area gets a bad rap for being white and racist (not that I think this of all NE's by any stretch). I do remember your sports radio personalities asking if we are holding any rallies at Mexican restaurants. That's just bad form, man.

hey, im white, live in boston and have dated only non-white girls for the last five years, no racism here

I am psyched for the Senior Bowl, actually.

Oh, yeah, and the intrigue that the Pro Bowl now brings... :D

I am psyched for the Senior Bowl, actually.

Oh, yeah, and the intrigue that the Pro Bowl now brings... :D

you think bb will decide to coach, or hand it off to scharnecchia or another coach

I'm not sick of it yet; but I doubt I'll hold out for two weeks.

I don't care if they're effing purple. Just play the damn game. Bringing attention to color is one of the things that helps racism still exist in this country.

Good point. If these coaches were smart, they'd IGNORE the issue as if they're just the same as any other head coach in the NFL. What bugs me is that Lovie Smith keeps calling attention to himself over it.

Good point. If these coaches were smart, they'd IGNORE the issue as if they're just the same as any other head coach in the NFL. What bugs me is that Lovie Smith keeps calling attention to himself over it.

exactly how i feel
then again, im white

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing