PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Almost Time to Resolve Receiver Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully a trade will Dallas will help us both: Gorin for a LB. This would be great because it would tell us tha Kaycur will be back soon and that Britt is improving, and the O'Callaghan is all he seems to be. When everyone is fully healthy, we should really like the result at LB and OL.

We long ago finished our additions to the secondary: the re-signings, the free agents and the returns from injury. No Law, but many minor improvements.
------------------------

Now, pioli will deal with the real issues at receiver. Of course, all will be well; drink the koolaid, and hope for the parlay:

1) Branch will be back for Game 1, perhaps even with a long-term contract.
2) Graham will be healthy, and perhaps even sign an extension.
3) Caldwell will be as productive as Patten was for us.
4) Jackson will miraculously heal, become a veteran, and be a valuable addition to the offense in his first year.
5) Troy Brown (fresh from possible retirement last year) will be the Troy of five year's ago.
6) Childress or someone else will step up, be a returner, and be able to step in for a few key contributing plays each game.

Personally, I think it takes a lot of koolaid. I agree with aj that we ONLY need to end up with three effective receivers; that's all we've ever had. That being said, I don't know who they are.

I understand that Brady spreads the ball out, sometimes to 10 players a game, but it would be good to have three effective healthy wide receivers who actually play wide receiver.

Once that little moron shows up for work, we're not in bad shape with Branch, Caldwell and Brown. Not great but with our TE and running game we're fine although at risk of injury, lacking depth. Which is where Jackson moves in - how hard has he been working off the field in the classroom ? When Watson held out most of training camp he played a lot in the opening game vs. Indy. And that was holding out, missing the meetings too. Jackson's had the classroom stuff.

BelichickFan said:
Once that little moron shows up for work, we're not in bad shape with Branch, Caldwell and Brown. Not great but with our TE and running game we're fine although at risk of injury, lacking depth. Which is where Jackson moves in - how hard has he been working off the field in the classroom ? When Watson held out most of training camp he played a lot in the opening game vs. Indy. And that was holding out, missing the meetings too. Jackson's had the classroom stuff.

The parallels between Jackson and Watson are frightening: Basically end-of-Round-1 picks who basically miss their rookie seasons due to injury, and come back Year 2 as "rookies." Let's hope I'm jumping to conclusions on Jackson!

shakadave said:
The parallels between Jackson and Watson are frightening: Basically end-of-Round-1 picks who basically miss their rookie seasons due to injury, and come back Year 2 as "rookies." Let's hope I'm jumping to conclusions on Jackson!
The difference is that Watson tore his ACL in the opening game of his rookie year. Despite the holdout he looked like he'd be a major part of the offense last year. Not saying Chad will be the same but it's not a lost cause yet.

shakadave said:

He tweaked his hamstring, relax. They need him healthy for the season. It wouldn't hurt to discover one or two other receivers in camp. It's not like they're deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back