PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

allow me to introduce myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'll start off by saying you guys had a great season and are a great team, and its a crime that you guys wernt in the playoffs.

Now I wanna say I know my boy matt ryan made some mistakes today in his first playoff game but I was wondeing what you guys thought of him? do you think he will be a great? Im not talking tom brady great Im talking like a peyton manning type great. im assuming you watched our game yesterday vs arizona.

And i read in a thread that the brady-ryan comparisons are bogus. let me say no one in atlanta is comparing matt ryan to tom brady, we all know he has a long ways to go and most atlanta fans are still hung up on vick anyway.

I want to think all Boston college fans and alumni for this great rookie qb, he has really turned things around in atlanta, he made alot of ppl on this team overachieve this year. we are a decent team, but we arent their yet.

I also want to think the patriots franchise for our GM Thomas Dimitroff, this guy came from the best franchise in the NFL and it shows with his draft pick and free agent picks this year. His motto is to build like the patriots did, and that has me excited about our future.

well just wanted to drop in and say whats up to you guys. and thanks for our success this season, thomas dimitroff and matt ryan both came from you guys back yard. so i thought i'd say thanks.

Welcome tfmi! Good to have you. Condolences on your playoff loss yesterday but congratulations on a great season. I'm sure Atlanta fans didn't expect a playoff team in year one or the Dimitroff/Smith/Ryan era.

IMO, Matty Ice has the potential to be one of the top QB's in the league for many years. If that turns out to be true it means the Falcons are going to be consistent winners and very competitive for quite awhile. You guys have a bright future ahead of you.

As for the comparison to Manning or Brady. Too early for that. However, IMO, if forced to render an opinion, I'd say he compares better to Tommy Boy than to Peyton. I say that only because I think, like Brady (and UNLIKE Mr. 3-time MVP) he has that intangible "it" that's so hard to really identify. I think it is just something you're born with... a HEART so BIG that your teammates can't help but be infected with the "We've got Matty Ice there's no way we can lose" mentality and sell out completely to win for you. It's something special to watch and you'll know it when you're seeing it because you'll actually feel that sense of confidence too. It gets to the point where, on those rare occasions when they don't pull out the expected victory, you're shocked (vs. players like Peyton who, when they lose, everyone shrugs and says "oh well we've seen THAT before")!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes