PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Allen Robinson or Brandon Coleman

--So Robinson was taken just 1 pick before JimmyG. Imagine the outrage if he had slipped to 62 and BB passed to take a QB? We'll never know the answer now. But I'm guessing if they really liked him they could have made a slight trade up and gotten him.

Robinson, AllenWR6'2"220Penn St.Pick 29, Round 2 (61)Jaguars
The Jaguars cleaned up in the 2nd round. If Bortles actually becomes the "next Big Ben" and Marqise Lee rediscovers what made him special a couple of years ago, that offense is going to be dangerous.

--So Robinson was taken just 1 pick before JimmyG.

...and Brandon Coleman went undrafted, which kind of reassures me. He didn't look like a legitimate NFL WR prospect at all to me, and I kept wondering what others were seeing that I missed.

Jaguars drafted 2 top receivers, what are they going to do with Blackmoon?

...and Brandon Coleman went undrafted, which kind of reassures me. He didn't look like a legitimate NFL WR prospect at all to me, and I kept wondering what others were seeing that I missed.
I, personally, would have taken a shot on him at TE. I think he would be a tough match-up there. But, as a receiver, he definitely is not NFL ready.

Jaguars drafted 2 top receivers, what are they going to do with Blackmoon?
Word down here is they don't expect him to return to the team this season.

Teams were inquiring though, I wonder if it was more a medical issue or something else, because the Patriots and several other teams had interest but then backed away.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back