PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Allen: Dear ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great article

I specifically liked his comment about Lewis at the beginning of the game
when he looked like.."...he was fighting back tears or forcing them out. Who am I to judge.)
That was beautiful.

I agree with him.

Except my article would have been titled:

"Dear ESPN: Ef You!"

ESPN - Leading the sporting world in broadcasts that shrink your game into a ruebics cube while they innundate you with tantelizing water polo free agency news. *

* Side effects of ESPN include uncontrolled vomiting, bleeding from the eyes and ears, chronic fatigue, inexplicable camera angles, bloody stools, sudden resurfacing of shriveled up old pr*cks with an agenda, incessant babbling, dry heaves, bloating, tenderness of the breasts, and prolonged priapism while any team is leading the Patriots.

Last edited:
Right on. That Monday Night broadcast was SHAMELESSLY one sided and rooting against the Patriots the whole night. It sickened me. ESPN looked very amateurish with their total lack of impartiality and Kornheiser should have been fired weeks ago. He adds nothing but hot air to the conversation.

Why did ESPN only show Ravens grieving for Taylor? New England’s Vince Wilfork and Brandon Meriweather were both college teammates of Taylor. Wilfork may have gotten a passing mention or a momentary viewing on camera, but clearly this was all about Lewis and the Ravens. Why? Because they were more demonstrative? Because they made a show of it?

Thank god someone else picked up on that.

I was disgusted how ESPN turned the game into the grieving Ravens against the big mean Patriots. You would have thought the Ravens were the team that lost Taylor the way ESPN presented it.

ESPN had to show something Lewis to start the game, as the Raven's came out as a team, and Ray Ray didn't get a chance to do his epileptic seizure dance routine......

And yes, thanks for noticing that Wilfork was a teammate of Taylors at the U. Didn't they get drafted the same year??? Lewis is what, 8-10 years older, although he did just graduate....

In addition to these points, I was listening to Sal Paolantonio the other day on the radio. He said he was quite amped up to be "part of history" when it appeared that the Ravens had stopped the Patriots on 4th and 1.

Um..haven't a lot of teams lost a game? If you were such a football history nut, wouldn't you be "amped up" for them to win and take this thing to the wire?

* Side effects of ESPN include uncontrolled vomiting, bleeding from the eyes and ears, chronic fatigue, inexplicable camera angles, bloody stools, sudden resurfacing of shriveled up old pr*cks with an agenda, incessant babbling, dry heaves, bloating, tenderness of the breasts, and prolonged priapism while any team is leading the Patriots.
GREAT!
:rofl: :eat1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back