PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All we have to do to win Superbowl L is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning Super Bowl X (which was already played on January 18, 1976)

will be a lot harder than winning Super Bowl L (which is to be played on February 7, 2016).

Captain%20Obvious%20HotelsCom.jpg

Last edited:
So outside of you and me, who else here doesn't want to see anything other than a DT get called with pick #32. ;)

They're just teasing you for getting your roman numerals wrong, that's all.

In all seriousness though, I was not aware of the "first round DT = Super Bowl" relationship, until you brought it up. Sounds like a great plan to me, and yes--I was pissed that they didn't take Mohammad Wilkerson from Temple!

DT should be seen as a need on some level within the top 3-4-5 positions, so I'm all for it.

Is it too much to ask that the pats go undefeated and beat the Giants in the Historical Super Bowl 50? That or I would love to see a Brady Rodgers duel.

I don't care of they beat Tampa Bay.....

According to Caserio, if a DT is the best player on their board when they pick........they will draft a DT.

Here's a Thought: Maybe if BB knows this factoid, he'll trade UP to make a DT the best player on the board at that spot ! o_O

I'm sold. Who could argue with the demonstrated causality?

The only question now, do we trade up for Malcom Brown, hope that Eddie Goldman drops to #32 or reach for either Jordan Philips or Grady Jarrett. If you really believe, I think trading up for Brown is probably the way to go.

You know, I was a bit snarky in my last response. But, I'm starting to reconsider if there isn't something more to this.

If you believe that Defense wins Championships (and I do), and...
If you believe that dominating the interior defensive front makes everything on Defense easier (and I do)...
...then adding an elite rookie to the interior DL (on top of the veterans that are already on the roster) should put that unit over the top, and make them fireproof to injury and exhaustion.

Having too many good interior linemen only means that all of them will be fresher, deeper into games and deeper into the post-season, when everyone else starts to wear down.

I'm there. Trading up for Malcom Brown. Make it happen BB

Anyone want to charter the plane for SF next Feb. We just satisfied the toughest hurdle. Very happy. I didn't think we had shot a Brown. I was hoping for Goldman, but Brown has a tough of pass rush as well as bulk

....Do the following. It should be clear. There should be no doubt or question. There can be no other path to take or follow. Anything else will end up being nothing but an absolute disaster. We have to unite here, because to change course dooms us all. ALRIGHT ALREADY, I will get to the point, because its simple.

All we have to do is draft a Defensive Tackle in the first round and our success is assured. That's it. That wasn't hard. By selecting a defensive tackle in the first round, just like we did in
2001..........., Seymour
2003,........... Warren
2004,.......... Wilfolk
and 2014 Easely

Christ if someone had been smart enough to figure this out just a few years ago Brady would have had he's 4th ring a long time ago. You want to REALLY be pissed off about not grabbing Mohammad Wilkerson, NOW you have a reason. We not only could have won the superbowl in 2010, we would have avoided the entire nightmare of losing to the Jets in the playoffs, and thus avoiding playing a part in the 2nd biggest football game in Jets history

And its not like we have to go much out of our way to get the guy we need. We need another DT to start with. Lets just lock in #5 and get it over with. and thus save ourselves from a lot of angst this Sept-Feb

This system is tried and true, and has NEVER failed to deliver what was promised, at least not for the last 16 years anyway.

Hope you are correct about the future.

Anyone want to charter the plane for SF next Feb. We just satisfied the toughest hurdle. Very happy. I didn't think we had shot a Brown. I was hoping for Goldman, but Brown has a tough of pass rush as well as bulk

th

You know, I was a bit snarky in my last response. But, I'm starting to reconsider if there isn't something more to this.

If you believe that Defense wins Championships (and I do), and...
If you believe that dominating the interior defensive front makes everything on Defense easier (and I do)...
...then adding an elite rookie to the interior DL (on top of the veterans that are already on the roster) should put that unit over the top, and make them fireproof to injury and exhaustion.

Having too many good interior linemen only means that all of them will be fresher, deeper into games and deeper into the post-season, when everyone else starts to wear down.

I'm there. Trading up for Malcom Brown. Make it happen BB

Since we know they grabbed a good one without having to trade up, I'd like to address what i think was some sort of delusional thinking that we were set at DT despite losing Wilfork. Branch and Siliga are depth and Easley is potential if healthy. Wilfork, even old and coming off injury, is much better than the first two and we would have needed to weaken the rest of our defense to scheme to fill that gap.

This is a great pick in that this guy at least has the potential to fill some of that void, while also having penetration upside.

Since we know they grabbed a good one without having to trade up, I'd like to address what i think was some sort of delusional thinking that we were set at DT despite losing Wilfork. Branch and Siliga are depth and Easley is potential if healthy. Wilfork, even old and coming off injury, is much better than the first two and we would have needed to weaken the rest of our defense to scheme to fill that gap.

This is a great pick in that this guy at least has the potential to fill some of that void, while also having penetration upside.

Siliga is better than you indicate, but I agree that DT was a need, it was right there with OG and CB as my predicted first round targets.

Siliga is better than you indicate, but I agree that DT was a need, it was right there with OG and CB as my predicted first round targets.

Why do you think he's better? He's hard working undrafted and was cut by 3 teams. People forget that, before it is what it is, the original quote is "you are what you are." Siliga is a good depth player that works hard, but if he's a starter, it indicated you could use an upgrade. Branch is a big, mediocre DT. There's nothing wrong with being mediocre, it means you're average.

Wilfork, even an old injured Wilfork, was much better than either of them. There are copies of the Super Bowl everywhere, I suggest you check out the first half concentrating just on wilfork, branch and Siliga. I did, with slow and stop motion and I was amazed. I was a Wilfork fan, but he showed much better than i expected, handling at least a double team on every play, while the other two were getting handled by one lineman, or tripped up in traffic.

Why do you think he's better? He's hard working undrafted and was cut by 3 teams. People forget that, before it is what it is, the original quote is "you are what you are." Siliga is a good depth player that works hard, but if he's a starter, it indicated you could use an upgrade. Branch is a big, mediocre DT. There's nothing wrong with being mediocre, it means you're average.

Wilfork, even an old injured Wilfork, was much better than either of them. There are copies of the Super Bowl everywhere, I suggest you check out the first half concentrating just on wilfork, branch and Siliga. I did, with slow and stop motion and I was amazed. I was a Wilfork fan, but he showed much better than i expected, handling at least a double team on every play, while the other two were getting handled by one lineman, or tripped up in traffic.

I feel that Branch was more stout than Wilfork most of the time and Siglia isn't that bad. As you said, Wilfork played pretty well in the super bowl but he was easily moved in the Baltimore game. Focus on him in that game and that will look nothing like the Wilfork that dominated a similar Raven's line in 2011.

Why do you think he's better? He's hard working undrafted and was cut by 3 teams. People forget that, before it is what it is, the original quote is "you are what you are."

Siliga is a capable starter on all but the best defensive lines across the league. And even on those he'd get plenty of rotational snaps as one of the first guys off the bench.

I have to assume that you are basing almost your entire opinion on one game, because every other time I've watched him closely I've been impressed.

I feel that Branch was more stout than Wilfork most of the time and Siglia isn't that bad. As you said, Wilfork played pretty well in the super bowl but he was easily moved in the Baltimore game. Focus on him in that game and that will look nothing like the Wilfork that dominated a similar Raven's line in 2011.

Branch was put on roller skates by one lineman on more than one occasion. He is big. He couldn't carry wilfork's jock as far as talent, leverage and effort, though.

Siliga is a capable starter on all but the best defensive lines across the league. And even on those he'd get plenty of rotational snaps as one of the first guys off the bench.

I have to assume that you are basing almost your entire opinion on one game, because every other time I've watched him closely I've been impressed.

I think he is a hard working player. I don't think he metamorhphasized into an all pro just because he wasn't awful in a year when our line was terrible. Chris Jones was as good too, does that make him equal to a 1st round pick?

Nothing against siliga, but i think Belichick is pretty happy for this pick and not because he thought we had a great DL already.

I don't think he metamorhphasized into an all pro

Who said he did? You've been saying he is OK depth, I've been saying he could start for most teams. I don't see any proclaiming he is an all-pro.

FWIW, I'm basing my opinion more on how he played last year than in 2013. He was very good on most snaps where I watched him closely.

Well, if Siliga is a starter on most lines in the league, his next contract should be huge, since it's hard to get quality starters at that position, so we'll see. My guess is he's offered depth player money and happy to get it.
could be only we know what three other teams missed. usually, they don't miss on dominating big guys, because that's hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes