All Under-25 Team: Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was surprised at how many Patriots are included in this list from Gil Brandt:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9493926

Apparently Seymour is finally too old for a list like this. And Hobbs mentioned!

Last edited:
I always have a good feeling about Warren and Wilfork.

Ellis Hobbs is a 1337 cornerback :rocker:

Actually, Gil Brandt has always seemed to be one of the few national media types that is very honest and objective about the Pats. Even 'Pats friendly'!

What is a 1337 cornerback?

Last edited:
That aging Defense is really a concern, huh?

mgcolby said:
What is a 1337 cornerback?

1337 = "leet", i.e., "elite."

"Leet speak" is where "pwned" for "owned", etc., comes from.

mgcolby said:
That aging Defense is really a concern, huh?

That is definitely an example of hype getting in the way of actual fact. The only "old" player on the D I can think of is Harrison and he plays with more youth and intensity than most 25 year olds anyways. I find it interesting how this team was criticized for having dinosaurs like Willie around but then they are still criticized for letting him go and going with the youth movement. It's like BB can't win. Anyway, the dynasties of the past have crumbled and faded because they refuse to evolve and try to win year after year with the same sentimental players, refusing to accept that people age. The fact that this team is not holding on to the great but aging players is a sign of great things to come.:rocker:

Wow, a blind monkey could have made that list. I'm in complete awe. :rolleyes:

zippo59 said:
That is definitely an example of hype getting in the way of actual fact. The only "old" player on the D I can think of is Harrison and he plays with more youth and intensity than most 25 year olds anyways. I find it interesting how this team was criticized for having dinosaurs like Willie around but then they are still criticized for letting him go and going with the youth movement. It's like BB can't win. Anyway, the dynasties of the past have crumbled and faded because they refuse to evolve and try to win year after year with the same sentimental players, refusing to accept that people age. The fact that this team is not holding on to the great but aging players is a sign of great things to come.:rocker:

This goes back to the power rankings thread where the guy tells you the Seahaks lost one of the best guards in the league and probably their most sure handed reciever but they will still be number 1 even though they weren't the best team in the league last year. The Steelers are number two after losing their 2nd best reciever, a starting DB, a starting DL and oh yeah their QB just did a face plant on a chrylser New Yorker, but they will still be the 2nd best team in the league next year. Etc.. but the pats lose a loveable but aging OLB, a damn good reciever and a kicker so we are doomed. Ignore the fact that we will be getting our Pro-bowl safety, starting LT, C (possibly), Bruschi (for a full season), Dillon (with Maroney) and our best corner will be in his second season. Yeah I could see why this team should be worse than 10-6 this year especially with the schedule we have. :rolleyes:

If they actually pointed to our two big ? (WR, ILB/OLB depending on Vrabel) than I would take them a little more serious.

ctpatsfan77 said:

I still don't get it, but that's ok. I don't get most internet language. I prefer English.

ctpatsfan77 said:

In what you say, there is an implied premise that "pwned" comes from somewhere. I dispute this premise.

shakadave said:
In what you say, there is an implied premise that "pwned" comes from somewhere. I dispute this premise.

I am glad I am not alone in this! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back