Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/features/nbaLineup?page=lineup/bos

theres a vote goin on at espn.com
its a playoff of the best 16 franchises
and to make them up, they give each franchise its ten best players

anyway the c's are the number one seed in the east, and made it to the eastern conf finals

BUT, they are facing the bulls

and you know how much everyone takes it up the *** from jordan

please go and vote for the celts, they need it

we all know that bird, havlicek, cousy, russell, pierce, heinsohn, parrish, mchale, jojo, cowens would kick the ass of any other franchise, but jordan wins so many popularity contests

i grew up hating the bulls and jordan, as my childhood saw bird go into his decline, and the rise of jordan
i resented him for taking the spot light from bird

so, go vote for your beloved celtics

Artis Gilmore more 'efficent' than BILL RUSSELL???????????

Brain dead as usual with ESPN. Cousey not as efficent as P Peirce?

What the Hell are they smoking

I think the Celts second team could give most of those teams a run for their money. I also think this belongs in another forum.

probably does, BUT...

scout said:
I think the Celts second team could give most of those teams a run for their money. I also think this belongs in another forum.
the patriots of the 21st century resemble the the top 10 celts team in many ways, but IMO this is the most important:
you can outperform and defeat them on paper. but ya can't do it ON THE FIELD (court), baybee.
one of the great joys of the late '50s, 60s, and 2000s for me has been watching boston teams go out and consistently BEAT BETTER SQUADS.
the 1962 (chamberlain-baylor-west-hairston) lakers were better than our boys, and you could also make arguments for several iterations of those '76ers (luke jackson, chet 'the jet', hal greer, wali jones, billy cunningham).
BUT THE CELTICS BEAT THEM, AND EVERYBODY KNEW IT WAS GONNA GO THAT WAY. EVERY YEAR.
and i think of that incredible rams team. the eagles, who as i recall were favored. and yet there was no doubt in my mind about the eagles game, or the panthers for that matter. remember our starting O-lines? no problem.
it's the same now, and for me, every game, it won't matter if the opponent is a better team or not. patriots will outperform them on the field, play after play.
so let the computer playoffs generate their resultss. i'll look at them and smile and think, "not on the field, baby. not on the court either".

Last edited:
Top ten Bulls? Is there even such a thing?Its Celtics or nobody....This reminds me of the silly Brady or Hannah poll.

I really loved Jordan growing up but there is no way in hell that his team beats russell, bird, cousy, havlicek, parrish, mchale.

This poll has to come down to all time Lakers vs. all time Celtics. While that'll be a tough call, the 11 straight NBA championships sways the vote towards the C's for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down